• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

When is your next vacation

None planned right now :(

We just got back from vacation a few weeks ago, we went to Williamsburg VA, Hershey PA and had a fantastic road trip. Now that we are back I’m itching to start planning our next trip.

I’m thinking of another road trip next July, I really wish we could travel in the off seasons when travel is less crowded and cheaper but if we want to take the kids along or at least some of them it has to be in the summer (teens/young adults).

A couple ideas I had were Boston or Chicago, right now I’m learning towards doing 4-5 days in Chicago followed by 4-5 in the Wisconsin dells. Maybe spend a day or two checking out other cities in Wisconsin, still in the very early stages of planning. We like a nice mix of activities to keep everyone busy and entertained and a couple days of more relaxing and this might fit the bill. I’ve ran it by DH and he said “sounds expensive” but that wasn’t a no, lol. Haven’t passed the idea by the kids yet, we will see...

None planned right now :(

We just got back from vacation a few weeks ago, we went to Williamsburg VA, Hershey PA and had a fantastic road trip. Now that we are back I’m itching to start planning our next trip.

I’m thinking of another road trip next July, I really wish we could travel in the off seasons when travel is less crowded and cheaper but if we want to take the kids along or at least some of them it has to be in the summer (teens/young adults).

A couple ideas I had were Boston or Chicago, right now I’m learning towards doing 4-5 days in Chicago followed by 4-5 in the Wisconsin dells. Maybe spend a day or two checking out other cities in Wisconsin, still in the very early stages of planning. We like a nice mix of activities to keep everyone busy and entertained and a couple days of more relaxing and this might fit the bill. I’ve ran it by DH and he said “sounds expensive” but that wasn’t a no, lol. Haven’t passed the idea by the kids yet, we will see...
Have you thought about seeing more of Canada? Maybe the Maritimes or coming out west? The mountains are beautiful and it's an instant 30% saving on costs when you don't have to factor in exchange. :wave2:

Long weekend getaway in December to Vicksburg. It’s my Christmas gift.

Next July to Wyoming. Frontier days in Cheyenne, the rodeo and then to Yellowstone.

And trying to put together a family trip to Orlando but can’t get everyone on the same page.

I have no idea. We do long weekends next up is Indy in October and Parents Weekend at DD's school. WE just did indy Labor Day Weekend for the Kiss Concert. I would love a fall trip to FL or Vegas.

Nothing nailed down right now. We're usually talking about a Florida trip in the winter by this time of year, but some other stuff it would have to be worked around is still up in the air. 😕

We had a 2 week camping vacation at Sault Ste. Marie in August, and I just got back yesterday from a 4-night solo stay on Mackinac Island. We actually have nothing planned for the future right now. No cruise planned for the winter, but we are thinking about going to Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge for a couple of weeks (with our camper) in late March/early April. Nothing nailed down yet though. And since our family Christmas has been set for December 14th at our house I'm sure we'll do "something" for a short 2-3 night getaway on Christmas Day. We could still decide to hop a plane for Florida in February...who knows. :)

Have you thought about seeing more of Canada? Maybe the Maritimes or coming out west? The mountains are beautiful and it's an instant 30% saving on costs when you don't have to factor in exchange. :wave2:
I actually have thought of exploring eastern and western Canada many times, so many places I want to travel. I have actually only seen Ontario and Quebec, but have seen much more of the U.S. then Canada. Mostly because of where I am located I can travel to many US destinations in a lot shorter time unless I want to fly. It’s much more costly for me to plan a western Canada trip then a eastern US trip. That’s also the reason I yet haven’t seen Disneyland or the southwest US, both places I’d like to go. I’m thinking I’ll save the more pricier trips for when it’s just me and DH. However I’m always looking and open to anything as long as it doesn’t break the bank.

July 2020 - Rio !

But before then, I have to get through my DD's Sweet 16 party, her religious confirmation, and my almost DILs bridal shower and a few weeks after we get back, my sons wedding :( Next year is going to be busy busy busy. (I booked the Rio trip before the engagement Nov '18 and begged not to have the wedding in 2020, but they decided 08/08/20-20 was a "pretty" date. Ughhhh. )

I actually have thought of exploring eastern and western Canada many times, so many places I want to travel. I have actually only seen Ontario and Quebec, but have seen much more of the U.S. then Canada. Mostly because of where I am located I can travel to many US destinations in a lot shorter time unless I want to fly. It’s much more costly for me to plan a western Canada trip then a eastern US trip. That’s also the reason I yet haven’t seen Disneyland or the southwest US, both places I’d like to go. I’m thinking I’ll save the more pricier trips for when it’s just me and DH. However I’m always looking and open to anything as long as it doesn’t break the bank.
Y'all come out and see us, y'hear! :teeth:

CA to visit my husband from 9/12-9/22. Disneyland for several days, random other things like close sight-seeing, a vendor now wants to take us to a Dodgers game on the 17th, my husband will likely have to work 2 of the days I'm there but we'll still get some time.

Small possibililty of Silver Dollar City quick weekend to see the lights and Christmastime there in November--still waiting to see if my husband can come home for it to work out.

A trip we found out we can't go on would have been Weston,FL from December 14th-21st going with the in-laws to their timeshare. We found out my husband got extended and instead of end of November now it will be around the 21st of December so no go on the December trip :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter