When should I book a 10/04 honeymoon?

Razor Roman

<font color=blue>Make Roger Rabbit 2! <font color=
Greetings, from a long-time lurker.

My fiancee and I will be getting married October 2, 2004 here in New Jersey. We want to do a 2-week Disney Honeymoon, 1 week on land and one week at sea.

Questions:

1. How early is too early to book? Should we hold out for discounts, or if new discounts come up, can we get them after we've booked?

2. Should we book the whole trip at once? Book a land package and a seperate sea package?

3. We thought we might like to spend the first few nights at the Floridian, but since money is an issue we thought we might move to a moderate or value resort for the rest of our honeymoon on land. Can we do this?

4. Should we join AAA to get a discount? (We both have newer cars with roadside, so we don't get any value from towing, etc... just Disney Savings :-) )

5. Finally, book through disney or book through a travel agent?

I know it's a lot of questions, but hey, when I was a cast member I worked in attractions, so I don't know anything about booking.

THANKS!

Hi,
We are getting married one week before you-9/25/04. We already booked-(two weeks ago). I was told by the lady from disney that we booked with that you can apply any specials that DISNEY is having to the trip after it is booked if they are applicable.
We booked through Disney Honeymoons (www.disneyhoneymoons.com and I called the 800 number.) We are staying at the Grand Floridian in a Honeymoon suite for 7 nights. As far as booking now, the prices for the rooms for 2004 are available but the packages including park tickets are not yet final, Disney will decide those sometime this summer, which we can then apply to our package. You can definately change hotels in the course of your trip, many on here do.
Please feel free to email me with any further questions or anything I can help you with.
Laura12581@yahoo.com Good luck!!
-Laura

Razor Roman? Is that like Razor Ramon? The wrestler? He's my DF's favorite!!? Mine too!

Anyway, congrats!

Check out www.mousesavers.com

It has lots of info about saving money when booking. Money's a problem for us too. My honeymoon will be 6/21-6/28/04 and I've found great stuff at the site. Find a good travel agent if you have to go that route. One who is an expert in Disney travel.

Good luck!
Sarah

yeah I borrowed the name from Razor Ramon. Although he was never really my favorite wrestler, it worked out nicely because my name is Roman... and it's close. :-)

I would tell you to book now and you can always change it later. I have changed mine 3 times before it stuck. THe earlier you book the cruise, the more money you save. Plus it will be easier to book a specific room if you want one on the cruise. I had started out with Disney and then transfered it to Dreams so they can do the leg work for me before the wedding. (I will have enough to worry about)

The only suggestion I have is to stay at the moderate first, then move to the Grand Floridian at the end of your honeymoon. We did it the other way around for our Disney wedding - we began at the GF and moved to the Wilderness Lodge, and it was SUCH a disappointment to have to leave the GF. We are always going to do it the other way around from now on, so that we have the GF to look forward to, instead of being sad that we've downgraded our hotel.
Cheers!
Heather W

We will be going on our honeymoon 6/6/04-6/20/04 and we booked it in February. We're spending the first week in a honeymoon suite at the GF, then going on the 4 night cruise, and then 3 nights at AKL concierge to go on the Sunrise Safari. The reason we booked so early is that we wanted a specific room on the cruise and also when we were in WDW over NYE and Valentine's Day, we toured the honeymoon suites at the GF and the CM told us there weren't that many so we should book early, so as soon as we got home we did.

:Pinkbounc We are getting Married on Oct. 5th and will be getting to Disney on the 6th. We'll be there the same time! We are also going on a cruise for 4 nights the 12th through the 16th. Congrats!

Congrats!!

We are doing a week on land and the following week at sea. It will be our last vacation for a while because my fiancee will be getting her Masters starting the following fall. :-)

Any good romantic spots for dinner that you can recommend? (I spent most of my disney world time ont he college program, and the Ale House is far from romantic :-)

We'll be having dinner at Victoria & Albert's, Cindarella's RT, and Shula's (that's where we celebrated our engagement).

Any other good recommendations? Though I, for one, am inclined to think a Dog and Cheese Fries at Casey's Corner, and then fireworks, is pretty romantic myself :-)

:earsboy:

We are doing royal caribean to the bahamas it was almost half the price for a better room. We have pc at California grill, were stayiong at the contemporary and it is the hotel at the top. The fireworks are supposed to be great from there. Also at San Angel inn at epcot. It is the mexican place inside the pyramid. I have been there and it is supper romantic inside. were going for lunch one day. Also to Boma because my Fiance is a chef and he is expecially interested in the large assortment of african delights. We have no real idea what that means though. And I really want to see the AKL. We are also going to Ohana it looks fun and is not to expensive. I am a little jeolous about victoria and alberts it is a bit more than we can justify for food. I have heard it is wonderful though. Where are you from?.

Central NJ. My fiancee really wants to do Victoria & Albert's so we're doing that, and in exchange hopefully we'll be staying in a cheaper room. To be honest, I'd rather save the money and stay at the All-Star and not have to worry about buying souveniers and having no money when we get home! :-)

Book the cruise now! To save money you can try for a secret porthole room or one of the obstructed verandah cabins that used to be cat 6 but are now cat 7. Dreams unlimited travel is great and will know about those cabins.

I don't think room rates are actually out for 2004. You'll book at regular season 2003 rates and they'll change if they go up for 2004. It's too early for discounts, but if you keep watching the resorts board & mousesavers.com, you'll know if a good deal comes along! You can save a lot of money by reading these boards. Enough for 2 hotdogs, maybe. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter