When the resort you want is booked :(

Thanks a lot for looking!!! I saw that price for Beach Club but for 11 nights it is so much extra!

Believe it or not my deal for BWV was actually $25 cheaper than that a night and I don't even really know how that happened (I did the calculations for 30% off and it should be around $350??? Hence why I grabbed it as soon as I saw it). I would be happy with the beach club standard room price but none available.

Thanks all. I will be super happy with the boardwalk anyway but will keep looking at beach club in the meantime =)

Thanks a lot for looking!!! I saw that price for Beach Club but for 11 nights it is so much extra!

Believe it or not my deal for BWV was actually $25 cheaper than that a night and I don't even really know how that happened (I did the calculations for 30% off and it should be around $350??? Hence why I grabbed it as soon as I saw it). I would be happy with the beach club standard room price but none available.

Thanks all. I will be super happy with the boardwalk anyway but will keep looking at beach club in the meantime =)

I love the BC so I understand that you woudl want it for many of the reasons I like staying there. With that said, I think your booking at BWI will make you happy as well. I know that as much as I thought I would love that pool at the BC< it was not the joy I anticipated once we actually used it. My DGD was 10 and a strong swimmer, but DH and I were not the GP's who let her loose and took a nap, so when she wanted the slide, he would need to be stationed across the "street" while I was on the water side. It was kind of stressful because you really cannot have eyes on at all times as that pool has a lot of twists and turns.

If an affordable rate for BC opens up grab it, but I also think embracing the BWI is a good idea for now. It is a lovely resort and has an appeal to a lot of folks who would never stay elsewhere.

So for an update, I have been checking like crazy since I wrote last. I have managed to book BCV from random checking for 1 and/or 2 night stays from July 12-July 20th of my stay so only 3 nights left...persistence is key! Hopefully I will get the last 3 nights soon so I can call and try to get them all combined :scared:

Thanks! I have tried Yacht Club too. Basically the only rooms left at Beach Club and Yacht club are higher level so more expensive. All that's left at Beach club is the lagoon view which is $100/night more than my offer (which is a lot since we are going for 11 nights AND have the CAD dollar conversion to worry about) and the only Yacht club room left is $200/night more (it's club level).

I'm the type that would be happy staying in a cardboard box at Disney so am super happy with the boardwalk of course. I realize this is a huge first world problem! Since the boardwalk is costing me $1100 cheaper than a current beach club room and over $2000 than the yacht club (not to mention the room is the same size) I can't justify the switch.

I could KICK myself for not booking earlier but we thought our parents might have been going at the time. We also missed the free dining July promo even though that's the time period we are going :sad:.

Come on Star Wars land people. Start cancelling your July Beach Club reservations for August!!! :p
We went to beachclub with DD when she was 3 then BW when she was 4. She (and us) surprisingly preferred the BW pool! You can see your kid from any location and they have a fantastic kiddie pool woth a spraying elephant that DD spent most of her time at and it has a playground right next to it so she would go playground then pool and so on and so forth!!

I stayed standard at Boardwalk last September after changing my reservation from alk because the pool was close. Like you I was disappointed BUT I turned out loving boardwalk!!!! Give it a chance.
Plus, it just gives you a reason to go back to try beach club
But as others said start stalking the website.

We simply logon the DVC site and make a wait list request, but then check a couple times a day as well.

I wanted to stay at Beach Club too but they only have Club Level rooms left for my dates. :(

Don't forget that BWI has a kiddie pool and splash area. Wont get sand but your children probably wont mind as long as they can splash about:).

I wanted to stay at Beach Club too but they only have Club Level rooms left for my dates. :(

We stayed club level on our last visit and ended up eating breakfast and dinner there almost every day, saving a TON of money we would have otherwise spent at the parks and resort restaurants. The alcohol is included as well. Something to think about.

We stayed club level on our last visit and ended up eating breakfast and dinner there almost every day, saving a TON of money we would have otherwise spent at the parks and resort restaurants. The alcohol is included as well. Something to think about.
I've thought about this a lot but I don't think it would work for us. My kids LOVE T-Rex, Rainforest Cafe, Coral Reef and CRT so those reservations are pretty much set in stone for us. I'm pretty close on 100% attending the FEA dessert party because, well, pina coladas :drinking::cloud9:. And fantasmic dinner reservations is a must because my kids are young and my son is border line obsessed with sorcerer mickey. Plus we're at Beach Club which mean Bon Voyage Breakfast is a must and I really want to try SciFi and Via Napoli....

You can see how this is going for me LOL.

Since I only need 3 nights now though I'm strongly considering it for those three...we shall see...

We are staying 12 nights. That would be $6600 with the discount just for the resort without park tickets. If it were a shorter trip, I would just get it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter