When to buy?

BDemps7

Earning My Ears
Hello!

My family and I are considering purchasing a DVC contract direct from Disney. We are looking at most likely the 120 point contract at Copper Creek. My question is, when do we start the buying process? We plan on taking a trip at the beginning of October 2021, and we know that we would need a 2 bedroom at Copper Creek. We would have to use points banked from 2020, current 2021 points, as well as borrow 2022 points. Is this plan possible and is it a very short window that we would be able to use 3 years worth of points? When should we start the process of purchasing this contract?

Also, let's say that plan works for a trip in 2021, then we hypothetically want to take another trip in 2023. If we wanted to use more points then we have available to use is that where "renting" points comes in to play? I am confused on the "renting" points situation.

Thanks!

Are you buying resale or direct?

Renting points you just rent the points from an owner and pay them a price per point charge. then they will book it for you.

Hello!

My family and I are considering purchasing a DVC contract direct from Disney. We are looking at most likely the 120 point contract at Copper Creek. My question is, when do we start the buying process? We plan on taking a trip at the beginning of October 2021, and we know that we would need a 2 bedroom at Copper Creek. We would have to use points banked from 2020, current 2021 points, as well as borrow 2022 points. Is this plan possible and is it a very short window that we would be able to use 3 years worth of points? When should we start the process of purchasing this contract?

Also, let's say that plan works for a trip in 2021, then we hypothetically want to take another trip in 2023. If we wanted to use more points then we have available to use is that where "renting" points comes in to play? I am confused on the "renting" points situation.

Thanks!
CCV is almost sold out. If you want to buy a contract directly from DVC, then sooner rather than later is best. You will want a UY that is October or earlier in the calendar year.

Ideally, you should travel every other year in order to avoid orphaned points (small number of points that you cannot find a use for). But an every 3-year plan can work if you if you stay on top of your points situation.

If you come up short on points for a trip, you have a few options. “Renting points” is an option but you would be paying another member to make a reservation for you. You do not need to be a member to “rent points” from someone.

You could also arrange to have a member transfer points into your account. In that situation, the points will go into your account to use as you please. However, in all but a few cases, you would have to call Member Services to book the reservation. You cannot use the members’ website to use most transferred points.

The last possible remedy to being short on points is to buy OTUPs from DVC. OTUPs can only be purchased if you are inside the 7-month window for booking. You can purchase up to 24 points and they currently cost $19/pt.

yeah -- if you want CCV -- I'd go resale in your situation. The current spread is something like $60+ a point I believe, so buying direct costs about $7200 over resale.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter