When to Eat Dinner – Toothsome, Cowfish?

Verity213

Earning My Ears
My boyfriend and I will be at Universal for two days in August (a Tuesday and a Saturday). This might be a silly question, but when do you think we should plan to eat dinner? We're looking at Toothsome and Cowfish, which (as I understand it, correct me if I'm wrong) don't accept reservations. Not a huge deal, it seems, since you can walk around CityWalk while you wait. But I've also heard that the Harry Potter sections of the park are great at night (we're big HP fans), and I know the park closes at 9pm. So maybe we should eat early, in case there's a wait, so that we can get back to the park to enjoy Diagon Alley at night? Any tips?

This schedule worked for us:
Breakfast
Lunch around 11:30
Mid-afternoon heavy-ish snack, like a taco at Bumble Bee Man's food truck
Another snack around 5-6
Late dinner after park closing.

We always ate dinner early while we were there, like around 4-430ish, and beat the dinner rush with plenty of time to go to the HP sections. We ate at Cowfish and the Leaky Cauldron, (never ate at Three Broomsticks) Both were good, but we ate at Cowfish 3-4 times while we were there. Highly recommend it. Love that place! :thumbsup2 Make sure if you want to ride the Hogwarts Express though, you have a park to park ticket. Have Fun!!

We were at both June 18-25th...never waited more than 20-30 minutes for a table at 6:00 to 6:30 dinner times. I didn't think that was horrible, given the time of day.

We have found that the busiest times at Citywalk restaurants are right after the parks close, so we eat dinner between 4-6pm and then head back to the parks until they close.

We eat at Mythos at the latest time they have. They are on OpenTable for ressie. Then grab a snack after park close.

Cowfish is our favorite!! We usually eat there at lunch time and have found the wait times very minimal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter