When to go for Christmas 2024

edhmom

DIS Veteran
I am going to celebrate my 50th birthday next Christmas at Disneyland, staying at DLH and doing 3 days at the parks. Due to vacation constraints on my family it has to be over a weekend. I am thinking of the following, any thoughts on if any of these dates are better or worse than the others. I have heard it gets crazy the closer you get to Christmas.

I am making the assumption that Christmas will start on November 9 next year.

November 16-17
December 7-8
January 4-5

Thanksgiving is November 28 so I am avoiding the weekends on either side of that.

Thanks!

I am going to celebrate my 50th birthday next Christmas at Disneyland, staying at DLH and doing 3 days at the parks. Due to vacation constraints on my family it has to be over a weekend. I am thinking of the following, any thoughts on if any of these dates are better or worse than the others. I have heard it gets crazy the closer you get to Christmas.

I am making the assumption that Christmas will start on November 9 next year.

November 16-17
December 7-8
January 4-5

Thanksgiving is November 28 so I am avoiding the weekends on either side of that.

Thanks!
Congrats on your 50th! I would do either Nov. 16 or Dec. 7. I think those would be the best choices.

We have really been enjoying going in the early part of January, sort of kicking off the year right. All of the decorations are still up, the entertainment schedule is still going, and the crowds are lower. The con of going in early January is that Christmas has already passed so it feels slightly odd to still be in full-blown Christmas mode...but it is still magical. On the other hand, celebrating too early can take away some of the excitement later in the season.

Also - I'm not sure when Candlelight Processional is this year? You might want to check on that prior to booking in December just in case, as I believe that can kind of make the entertainment schedule weird as they accommodate that on Main Street.

I think all of those dates look great. The only thing that could come up is something like the candlelight processional, as Rosecolored97 mentioned. Also I know they film the Christmas parade sometime in November, but I don't know if there's a way to find out when that's happening. Maybe keep an eye on these various events this year to get an idea of when they'll happen in 2024. Christmas time at Disneyland is magical, you'll have a great time :)

I’d lean towards the early December dates. The first week or so of Christmas will have lots of locals and influ-stupiders there to get the first of everything, but by Dec should have died down. If you happen to hit the candlelight processional weekend then head to DCA that night get hoppers). I also just like hitting Christmas closer to, well, Christmas! Puts me more in the mood. Have a great visit and very happy bday whenever you choose!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter