When to go in 2008?

diamond57

Mouseketeer
We have just returned from WDW? I am hoping to get a chance to do a trippie shortly, but we are still unpacking, but we were only there for roughly one week which was not long enough and we want to arrange to go back again. The problem is when to look at, the current options are early July, late August or late October. The July and August options would give us choices of dates, October would be fairly fixed around half term.

What we are wondering about is cost of accommodation, including likelyhood of discounts? How busy the parks will be? What the weather is likely to be (we found late October just about as hot as we could stand some days)?

Thanks for any advice, I have approximate cost of flights for July and August, but not much choice yet for October - but this years was less than what I am getting for next year.

Thanks again
Iona

For discounts, late August will be the dates you want to go. This is the time that they usually offer free dining or some type of perk. This is also the time for Magical Beginnings which means younger families will be there as this is geared towards younger kids (1 through 5 typically). There was little to no line at any of the parks. We did Soarin' 3 times back to back without having to wait. We did this last year and there were alot of discounts for rooms. We got 40% off AKL and got a free upgrade to savannah view room since the resort was only half booked due to the slower season. :dance3:

July is still crowded as the kids have not returned to school so that would be my last option. October is supposed to be a little cooler, but it's Florida and it's 80/90 in the winter so it can be cool and less humid or hot & humid depending on the tropics. The MNSSHP is a nice time to visit in October, but it's a little more crowded than August IMO due to the special events. Expect to find slightly longer wait times albeit 5 minutes or so. We're booked for 2nd week of December of '08 and we're gearing up for our trip in 3 weeks. I planned this in February and paid it off in July.:woohoo: Plan early, make your ADR's at 180 days out and payoff early...rules that have helped us have a very pleasant experience during each visit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter