When to go to Ohana or if to go?

Herbord3

Mouseketeer
Do we go to Ohana on a MK day or a day without being in the park? Ohana thoughts? (We have never been). I do have 2 reservations already, but there are so many mixed reviews.

I say if you haven't gone befote, why not go. We're planning to go for dinner on our upcoming trip. We have never been before but want to try it.

It's a consistent favorite of ours - we often end a trip with it, especially if family/friends are in town.

The only issues with dining there on your MK day is if it'll affect your ability to see the fireworks from Main St (if that's important) or if the park closes early, and it'll eat into your park day. Otherwise, it's a great break and MK food options are lacking anyways :)

If at all, it works best on an MK day, but it was our worst meal on our trip last month, and this being my second disappointing dinner there, I think I'll skip it from now on.

We are not huge fans of 'Ohana, but I think everyone should go once to judge for themselves. As far as when....I personally don't like to leave a park for an ADR, so I would probably do it on a non-park day.

Depends on what kind of park people you are. For our family, we prefer a break in the afternoon to go back to the resort for swimming and relaxing, and then back to the parks in the evening. Or conversely, we like to leave the parks and go have a relaxing meal, and then return. If you are not wanting to lose time at the parks, then choose a non-park day. But if you are going to be at MK, personally, we would do it that day.

We try to book an ADR between 4:30-5:30 pm if we are at MK the day we eat at Ohana. That gives us plenty of time to "waddle" back to MK to hit additional rides and watch the fireworks. If we go on a day we are not at a park we tend to get an ADR time between 6:30-8:00 pm. Enjoy Ohana...IMO the best meal at Disney!

We eat there twice every trip and I do 2 things. One it is always a Magic Kingdom day and two I book for 20:00 so we will be sitting during the fireworks. We really love the place.

We ate here on a non-park day. I agree with above poster and don't love to leave the parks for an ADR (though we do have those plans on our upcoming trip). We had a late breakfast and it was nice to take the boat from MK, then we rode the monorail around for a bit and the kids loved that. Especially since Ohana frequently runs behind, you'll lose a significant part of your park day.

But this might be a nice break in your park day to relax for a bit if you need to go on a park day!

We have only been once, and my kids dad and I thought it was our worst meal and worst meal experience from our stay. BUT it was our kids' favorite. I'm taking them back next month and it's the one restaurant they said they had to do again and this time it worked out that we're doing it on a park day, but still a late breakfast.

We did it as an early dinner on the only day we did a midday break. We had an early ADR - I think 5 was the earliest they did at the time - before going back to MK. It was nice because the wait wasn’t very long.

Just putting it out there—Ohana is almost as convenient to Epcot as it is the Magic Kingdom.

The Epcot monorail runs to/from the TTC which is an easy and scenic walk to the Polynesian resort and Ohana.

We spent an early day at Epcot last trip. Took the monorail to the TTC for a 4:00ish ADR. We walked through the lovely path at the TTC to the Polynesian instead of switching to the resort monorail to go one stop to the Polynesian. It’s less than 10 minutes walking and the landscaping is so pretty.

After dinner, we got on the Polynesian Resort bus to the Studios to see Fantasmic. It was a fabulous day and night. :)

We ate there twice on our trip last week. Once at 5 PM before going back to MK for fireworks and on our last night at 8:25 PM.

We both agreed we enjoyed the first time better. We didn't have to wait past our reservation time to be seated and the service was much better. The second time we waited until almost 9 PM to be seated and waited 15 minutes after we finished the appetizer skillet before anyone came around with meat (and that was after I had to ask for it). I remember looking at my phone and noting that it took an HOUR from our original reservation time for anyone to come around with meat.

It was neat seeing the fireworks from inside, but I think I would've rather watched them outside and then went in to eat.

Do we go to Ohana on a MK day or a day without being in the park? Ohana thoughts? (We have never been). I do have 2 reservations already, but there are so many mixed reviews.
We try to have breakfast at ‘Ohana every trip. We LOVE the breakfast at ‘Ohana. When we didn’t stay at a monorail resort, we would eat as early as possible at ‘Ohana and then head on over to MK. On this trip, we are staying at the Polynesian, so it doesn’t matter what we do next.

We will be having dinner there for the first time in July, so I can’t speak for the dinner food.

We would not eat there if it was free.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter