~when to order DDE-leaving July 21~

IloveWINNIEthePOOH

<font color=blue>Promises to wear sweat absorbing
If we are leaving July 21, when would be the safest, yet, latest time (for a later expiration) to order it for

--Receiving the letter/email only
--Receiving the actual card

Thanks!!!!

If you order now your expiration will be July 31, 2006. You would have to wait til about July 5th to order to get an August 2006 expiration. When I ordered on Monday they said the letter would be mailed Tuesday and it would take about a week. My letter will expire around July 20th, so make sure they know your trip dates. To have the actual card though - it seems to take at least 8 weeks for that!

I ordered mine the day before I left and picked up my letter at Epcot the following day.

But, it has now been 8 weeks and I still have not been charged for DDE nor have I received my cards. They tell me I'm in the next batch to go out the door which should be leaving by june 30.

If you are leaving July 21, there is very little chance you could get your actual cards by your trip. While I've read one report that someone got their cards in 6 weeks, most people get them at 8 weeks and some people get them even later than that and you only have 6 weeks until your trip.

So I think you will have to be content with using the letter for this trip. If you order at least 2 weeks before your trip, they will mail your confirmation letter. If you order within 2 weeks of your trip they will leave your letter at Epcot for you to pick up.

Be aware that the letter has its own expiration date so if you order the DDE now your letter would probably expire before your trip. So if you do decide to order this week, ask them to put an expiration date on your letter that is later than the last day of your trip.

If you want the latest possible expiration date, wait until July 5th or 6th to order the DDE. That still gives the DDE office enough time to mail your letter and since that will be the second week of July, hopefully they will have bumped the DDE membership expiration date from July 31, 2006 to Aug 31, 2006.

Disney_1derland said:
I ordered mine the day before I left and picked up my letter at Epcot the following day.

But, it has now been 8 weeks and I still have not been charged for DDE nor have I received my cards. They tell me I'm in the next batch to go out the door which should be leaving by june 30.

We ordered ours on the Friday (May 20) before our Saturday (May 21) arrival. No problem collecting the letter from Epcot. I'll have to check to see if we have been charged. No cards yet.

I ordered April 16 th ish. Leave June 11th.

Got letter about a week after ordering
Letter expires June 30
Card expires May 31, 2006

Still don't have actual card!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter