When to rent DVC points at BC?

DLBDS

Loves that Sweetened Condensed Milk
Thinking about renting DVC points for the first time. First choice is a Studio at BC. It’s slightly cheaper to wait until 7 months out to try to reserve it. Is it ok to wait or should it be done asap? I’m about 9 months out currently. Thanks.

Thinking about renting DVC points for the first time. First choice is a Studio at BC. It’s slightly cheaper to wait until 7 months out to try to reserve it. Is it ok to wait or should it be done asap? I’m about 9 months out currently. Thanks.
Asap. BCV points will not be cheaper at less than 7 months and the availability will be scarce.

I will comment again. ASAP

Asap. BCV points will not be cheaper at less than 7 months and the availability will be scarce.

I will comment again. ASAP
I’m not going thru Disney. The place I would go thru is indeed cheaper by $2/point if you wait until 7 months or less out. But I believe you when you say ASAP is best. I was hoping for the other way though lol.

I’m not going thru Disney. The place I would go thru is indeed cheaper by $2/point if you wait until 7 months or less out. But I believe you when you say ASAP is best. I was hoping for the other way though lol.
Yeah the beginning of March is already booked. The middle will be filling soon. Beach Club is very hard at 7 months out, usually you can find no more than 2 or 3 days in a row, if anything. It’s worth the premium paying for home resort privilege. Good luck and have a great trip.

If you are just looking to be in the EPCOT area you should be ok with Boardwalk however if you want to stay at BC as others have said it was one of the harder resorts to get at 7 months. You should also look at other rental companies as finding an owner can be an issue as well.

At 7 months for March, you won't get a BCV studio. Might not get one in home resort, honestly.

If you can grab it now I would get it. BCV are one of the hardest to get any time much less trying to get it during spring breaktime. I own at BCV and I always go with our 11-month window since I probably wouldn't be able to get much of anything at BCV at 7 months.

Agreed - we own at BCV and have tried to add on an extra night here and there 10.5 months out and sometimes cannot find the extra night. Book ASAP!

Renting points through an agency will be tough to find. What you're more likely to find or see now, is already booked reservations that you're taking over in which case, you'll have to be flexible on dates and/or resort.

If you are seeking a reservation from a DVC rental agency for specific dates at BC and studio, you need to be on that 9+ months out or even more. I've looked at renting points before and wanting a specific room type and date at a resort is never easy to come by. What you can find are already booked reservations but dates need to be sort of fluid. Our family just doesn't plan trips to WDW that far in advance so it's never worked well for us.

To be clear:

at 9 months out we already have dates that BCV studios are fully booked. When the 7 month window opens, any remaining availability will be gone by 8:05AM. Agencies are not lining up people to engage in the war that is 7-month booking for the top resorts, because we all know we get paid the same even if we're not up a 7:59am for someone we don't even know.

You need home points and sooner not later.

As owners, we can stalk and waitlist and wiggle, but that won't happen for a renter.

It's only cheaper because there may not be any availability. BC is very popular, especially during the spring break time frame, and studios even more so. Book now, especially if you want more than 2-3 nights in a row.

A rental agency might pay owners more for a reservation which is more than 7 months out, which is why the agency might charge guests more. At less than 7 months out, the rental agency might pay owners less and thus might charge guests less. But that doesn't mean that there will be any rooms available for the dates that you want.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter