When was the last time someone really upset you

The issues with my DIL have been ongoing, like TWENTY YEARS!!! Honestly some of the hurtful and spiteful things she has done over the years make me just shake my head. I tried to give her some leeway because she had a tough childhood but she is 35 years old and needs to take ownership of her behavior. I try and put on a good front for my son and grandsons but it is hard.

I have talked with my son and he listens but doesn't really get it. I offered to just bring his dad over and then come back and get him since my DH can no longer drive but even that didn't go over well. My son puts up with it because he knows she would keep their son from him as she told him that from the beginning of their relationship. My baseball playing grandson is from a different relationship so it doesn't really effect him. I am just really hurt over the way my husband is being treated because she is angry at me. My son should realize how lucky we are that his father is still with us and OK for the most part after 2 strokes.

Oh my! Her threatening him like that should be a major red flag to the way their marriage is. Its highly doubtful she would even be able to do it but I know its hard to take that chance.

The way your husband is being treated would make me angry too. So sorry that you and your husband have to deal with it. I know it must be hurtful to your husband.

A couple months ago my father in law really upset me and I haven't spoken to him since.

We were at a little birthday party for my husbands aunt's 75th birthday. My FIL and I have VERY different political views and generally I just bite my tongue when he gets on a rant. But during the luncheon, he started in on teachers and how horrible and greedy they are - I am a teacher in the Public Schools here. Some of the things he was saying were absolutely incorrect and I corrected him. He continued to argue with me. I never really argued back with him and just politely said "We will just have to agree to disagree." He blew up when I said that. He slammed his chair away from the table so hard I thought he was going to put a hole in the wall and told my MIL they were leaving even though we done cake or gifts yet. My MIL tried to convince him to stay because she didn't want to leave (it was her sister's party), but he got his keys and slammed out the front door. I ended up driving MIL home after the party.

I was very upset, but even more than that, I was in shock that a 67 year old man would act like that at a party. Even though I know deep down that I didn't do anything wrong, I couldn't help but feel like I had ruined the birthday party.

Oh my! Her threatening him like that should be a major red flag to the way their marriage is. Its highly doubtful she would even be able to do it but I know its hard to take that chance.

The way your husband is being treated would make me angry too. So sorry that you and your husband have to deal with it. I know it must be hurtful to your husband.

As my dad said to me the other day he pegged her as a narcissist the first time he met her and nothing has changed that in his mind since then. Have to agree with my dad on that one.

DIL showed up at my grandson's ball game tonight and didn't acknowledge my presence which is fine with me but my son barely spoke to me because she was there. I can deal with it but it hurts. I am glad my husband stayed home for his D-Day marathon.

A couple months ago my father in law really upset me and I haven't spoken to him since.

We were at a little birthday party for my husbands aunt's 75th birthday. My FIL and I have VERY different political views and generally I just bite my tongue when he gets on a rant. But during the luncheon, he started in on teachers and how horrible and greedy they are - I am a teacher in the Public Schools here. Some of the things he was saying were absolutely incorrect and I corrected him. He continued to argue with me. I never really argued back with him and just politely said "We will just have to agree to disagree." He blew up when I said that. He slammed his chair away from the table so hard I thought he was going to put a hole in the wall and told my MIL they were leaving even though we done cake or gifts yet. My MIL tried to convince him to stay because she didn't want to leave (it was her sister's party), but he got his keys and slammed out the front door. I ended up driving MIL home after the party.

I was very upset, but even more than that, I was in shock that a 67 year old man would act like that at a party. Even though I know deep down that I didn't do anything wrong, I couldn't help but feel like I had ruined the birthday party.
It sounds like that would be on him.

As my dad said to me the other day he pegged her as a narcissist the first time he met her and nothing has changed that in his mind since then. Have to agree with my dad on that one.

DIL showed up at my grandson's ball game tonight and didn't acknowledge my presence which is fine with me but my son barely spoke to me because she was there. I can deal with it but it hurts. I am glad my husband stayed home for his D-Day marathon.
:headache:

DD's dance teacher 2 weeks ago today.
DD16 has been dancing at the same studio for 10 years now. She loves it, it is her life. She made the highest company class last summer and has worked her butt off all year. They start learning recital dances in January, and right away she was given a really good spot for part of a dance. About a month ago, her dance teacher pointed out that her legs aren't straight when they're supposed to be. Her legs have been like that for years, and the teachers have never said anything. She and I assumed they accepted her body the way it was. Well, after grinding her about it for a few weeks (not offering any suggestions on how to remedy the condition), her teacher took her spot away - 2 weeks before recital. She came home from class heartbroken. I try to keep calm, we've had issues with her dance teacher for years, but my blood was boiling. I sat with her while she did her homework, looking at photos on her wall, and calmed myself. It took a lot for me not to go to the studio and rip her teacher.
Something like this happens every few months with her teacher. I would love for her to go to a different studio, but there isn't a decent one within 40 miles of our house. 80 miles roundtrip 4 days a week would get exhausting. Hopefully this builds her up for the career she wants in dance. Ugh.

It does hurt when someone you love so much treats you that way! I would have a really hard time not saying something to him. There is no sense in a grown woman acting the way she is and him going along with it. I know he is just trying to keep the peace with her but he really needs to think of the time he is missing with you and his Dad by keeping that peace.

Last June. I finally said enough was enough when it came to how my sister treats me. It’s been a whole lifetime of her crap and when she started treating my kids bad I blew up and let her have a piece of my mind. She is currently waiting for an apology she will never receive.
I have had a really bad year. In September my daughter had a really bad accident. She was sent by ambulance to a hospital a few hours away from my house but near my sisters. It just happened that my other daughter had planned surgery (to biopsy something in her leg) in that city (but different hospital) 2 days after my other daughters accident. I couldn’t leave my first because we were waiting to see the surgeon to see if she needed another surgery. So my Mom took her.
All of that in a few days in my sisters city and not one word to me from her.
Since then my life has just snowballed. My FIL diagnosed with terminal cancer, my daughter needing another surgery, the company my husband worked for went bankrupt and whole bunch more. Anyways...

I’m glad I’m not alone, after a very odd childhood where I was closer with my grandparents than my own parents and having my sister constantly causing fights things finally came to the boil 12 years ago. During her life she has made some very unsound decisions ( I had to rescue her from being abducted by a percent in our local park when she was about 6 years old). She decided to have me cut out of the family for not agreeing with her behaviour when she decided to divorce her husband. The poor guy took a lot of insults and accusations from her, she called the police on him to have him removed from the home on allegations of physical abuse to her and her kids he never hurt any of them. He’s no saint he has diabetes that causes odd crashes and highs in his blood sugars we help him keep that under control, but he would never hurt his family. Because I refused to get involved and side with her she persuaded our parents to stop all contact with me and cut me out of their lives and that of her kids too. Now the kids are all grown up and we keep in touch I let them contact me and they are amazing people but she still doesn’t want me contacting our parents. It’s still hard for the kids to understand why she thinks about me the way she does and I’ve tried explaining it’s just her way she’s just always been narcissistic in nature. I’ve been through hell health wise over the last year and when I tried to contact my mum all she texted was she was sorry to hear us been in hospital and that was it. This week just gone I had a particularly obnoxious drunk in the store who threatened me with unrepeatable things if I didn’t sell him more alcohol, I mean just horrid, I called the duty manager to throw him out as the drunk was screaming at me to go run away to the toilets to hide and cry to which I just told him I was going absolutely nowhere as he didn’t scare me no sir he made me furious!! I had to force myself to keep my hands to myself while I had customers around me and despite the urge to throw him out the door. Needless to say he never got the alcohol sale;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter