When was the last time you rang the emergency services?

I worked the 3 am shift for 13 years and once in a while I would have to call 9-1-1 to report a traffic hazard, or grass fire on my way to work. Probably been 10 years.

May 2022 - then a couple police calls after but May was HUGE for me - trying to locate DD as she attempted suicide - praise Lord she did not succeed - Police did not locate her - found her eventually via her phone but took hours
Twice before that for seizures for another family member - feel like I have them on speed dial last year they were at my house so much ! Several more calls earlier this year - thankfully things have calmed down

Never called the police, fire dept or an ambulance to my house. Ever. For my whole life. Have had to call 911 for traffic accidents.

A few months ago, when my daughter fell full face onto the concrete while carrying groceries on both arms. She could not protect herself and had she not been wearing her glasses, I am sure she would have lost an eye. Glasses are easy to replace. She hurt her hand badly and has still not regained full use of it.

It's been a long while. I think the last time was when my grandfather was starting to get pretty sick. My grandmother called my mom and I at work (we worked in the same office), and was saying he was having some trouble breathing. I said to hang up and call 911 immediately. My mom and grandmother went back and forth about it. My mom has this weird thing where she doesn't want to call if she's not sure if it's an emergency - you know, she doesn't want to inconvenience them. or be cited for filing a false emergency. 🙄 Anyway, I grabbed my phone and called and got it done. They got him to the VA hospital and all was good. Actually, my grandfather was around for years after that incidnet - might not have been without that call.

About 10 years ago I had to call 911 for a neighbor- the young adult son was home with grandma and didn't have a phone. Grandma was having trouble breathing.

A sheriff detective rang out doorbell about 9 months ago in the middle of the night.

I think it was about 18 years ago in Germany. Our building was on fire and I called the local equivalent of 911.

About 5 years ago when our neighbors front yard caught on fire and I had to call 911 for the volunteer fire department (which got there after we got the fire out).

Several months ago. There was some sort of commotion going on outside with my neighbors after 11pm. I intended to ignore it until I heard someone yell "someone call 911" so I did. Then I stayed out of it. Prior to that I think it was Dec 2018 when my car called after I was hit and the car rolled over. But I could be forgetting something. I managed a hotel, so it wasn't unheard of to have to call at work.

About nine months ago. My elderly neighbor called and asked me to make tea for her, which was an unusual request. I made the tea and took it to her. When she came to the door, she looked terrible. Long story short - I called 911. (Turns out, she was okay, but the doctor said she did the right thing by going to the ER. I can’t remember what her problem was. Maybe a reaction to a new medication.).

Maybe 15 years ago. My parents were visiting and my dad had a kidney type issue but didn’t say anything until things got really bad.

I’ve called the police when my neighbors house was being robbed, I accidentally called them when I was on my treadmill in the basement and saw boots walk by my window in my fenced yard (didn’t mean to hit send), called the fire department when my neighbors deck was on fire, when my dryer vent went on fire, and when smoke came out of my outlet. Called the ambulance when my son had a horrific ankle break in a soccer game. Fortunately the response time here is less than 2 minutes.

3 years ago, when i've seen an unconscious man on the street. He turned out to be just drunk, so nothing serious. In my opinion i still did the right thing and i would do it again if needed. Maybe it is not exactly the services we talk here about, but another emergency i had few days ago, when i couldn't finish my work assignment . Had to contact this service https://translationreport.com/chinese-translation-services and asked them to do a very urgent translation, which saved my career. Thanks again guys, for the amazing job you've done.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter