When was the last time you watched a DVD or listened to a Cd/Record?

hmmm? I don't know, I can't remember.
We did just get a bluetooth adapter for a car that has a cassette tape in the radio! (yes we will be replacing the radio shortly!)

DVD probably a few months ago. I still have a CD player in my suv and whenever dh occasionally uses it he plays some of his cds.

We used to have a DVD player in our minivan and our kids watched that, but it died a couple years back. I can't remember the last DVD I watched.

Actually, we might still have a CD in the minivan's CD player, too...

I don't have a DVD/bluray player hooked up at home, but I do have one in the van and the kids still put movies on sometimes when we're driving. Same with CDs. Records still get regular use, though; my turntable is in my office and I've got a great collection.

Where on earth did you get Song of the South on DVD?

It is all over FB marketplace. I see ads sometimes, but I already have it (a friend copied her VHS to DVD and made an extra for me).

It's been a while since I watched a DVD, but listen to CDs all the time driving to and from work. Today was "We Can't Dance" by Genesis.

CD's was probably 1996 when my truck was broken into and all my CD's were stolen.

Can't really say I ever did watch something on DVD. Never owned a DVD player.
Did CD's even exist way back in 1996? Cassettes were still the media of choice back then.

yeah they existed…I graduated high school in 1991 & we had them then.
I bought new cars in 1990 and 1991 and a CD player wasn't even an option yet. I won a CD player at a company picnic in 1995, that was the first CD player we got. We bought another new car in 2000 and it had the deluxe audio system with both a cassette and CD.
While our 2018 came standard with a CD player, our 2020 doesn't even offer that as an option. But the 2020 has USB, line in and Blue tooth connections to attach anything you want to it.

Last edited:
CD: yesterday. Encanto soundtrack. My car is old. I have a CD player.

DVD: if you count Blu-Ray, about two weeks ago. Lord of the Rings extended edition. Actual DVD: around Christmas- Elf and Muppets Christmas Carol.

Jeez.....a CD? It has been years. Maybe 2008? I do know the last CD I bought was Blink-182s "Take Off Your Pants and Jacket" which came out in June 2001.

As far as DVD/Blu-ray/4K Ultra HD. I guess it depends on "watched" I still buy them, but I rip them to my Plex server and watch that way. The physical discs go into storage bins in the basement.

I have a 2005 coupe and it has a CD player, when I am in the car, I use it often - within the last month.

Can't recall -- we bought DVD's a few years ago but they came with digital copies that added themselves to my account online so I hadn't even gotten to use them.

I have a Blu-Ray player and occasionally load a DVD copy in there. However, even then I've mostly bought Blu-Ray discs where there was a digital download so I can stream or watch a downloaded copy since it's more convenient than waiting for the player to spin up.

I used to listen to CDs in my car's CD changer, but that no longer works and they're stuck in there now. At least the radio still works.

Sometime last summer I watched the "commentary" with Purple Rain. That was actually a Bluray not DVD now that I think about it, close enough :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter