When was the last time your town featured on national news?

Our county/town was on CNN, and probably other networks, August, 2021due to protesters threatening parents at the school board meeting, over proposed mask mandates. It was crazy.
otherwise, quite a few country music folks have houses around the area, so every once in a while the town will get mentioned if there is a story about them.

Earlier this year when a prison guard helped a prisoner escape jail. They went on the run and when they were found and involved in a high speed chase and wrecked the guard killed herself.
Our county in TN was mentioned w that story too. They ditched their first truck, and bought a different one in our county

I don't think my own city has been mentioned on the national news, but I used to work in Cupertino and there was a strange day in 2011 when it was mentioned on the national news for two different things during the day. I was driving to work in the morning and heard a story about a multiple shooting at a quarry in Cupertino, and then when I was driving home late afternoon the big national story was that Steve Jobs had died. Of course everyone where I worked knew about it before that but it was all over the news later in the day. He didn't live in Cupertino but that's where Apple is and I drove right by the main Apple campus on my way home.

I am not aware of anything that made the national news. Of course maybe some story was picked up and I don’t know about it.

Fort Myers, Florida. Every day for the last month. 🤦‍♀️
I just had to say that your wedding dress in your pic is stunning! I just bought mine for my vow renewal the other day! We got married back in May but privately, he's military and wanted to make sure I was covered medically just in case so we decided to have a proper wedding again on the same day next year. Ok now back to our regularly scheduled program. :teeth:

I just had to say that your wedding dress in your pic is stunning! I just bought mine for my vow renewal the other day! We got married back in May but privately, he's military and wanted to make sure I was covered medically just in case so we decided to have a proper wedding again on the same day next year. Ok now back to our regularly scheduled program. :teeth:
Thank you! We got married at Disney World this past May. It was a dream...so newlywed here too! Best wishes to both of you!

My literal city probably when a past president visited. We are a big enough suburb that a few have made visits. My metro all the time. If you count national sports media we have had both positive and negative coverage in the past few weeks. Our baseball team overshot all expectations to make the playoffs and calling our football team a dumpster fire would be an insult to dumpster fires everywhere.

No idea, I don't watch national news. Never have.

Local news covers the Jeep Heritage Festival each year :confused3

Earlier this year, there was a mall shooting in the my area. I know it made national news because we were away on vacation, and heard about it on the news.

I live in the RV capital so every time jobs & unemployment come up we are on the news.

It would have to be in February when the Bengals went to the Super Bowl. Even though the game wasn't here, there was plenty of press from all over to cover the excitement in the city since no one expected them to go the championship game.

During campaigning for President, Trump was here. And way back in 2001, shortly after 9/11, the causeway bridge to South Padre Island, the only access to the Island, was severed and considering the timing, there was initially a question of it being a terrorist incident. But often we're on the weather, not news, as the hot spot in the nation-87 degrees today.

Not my exact town, but my county…

Making a Murderer.

Sigh….

Last week when a 14 year old kid randomly shot and killed 5 people just for the fun of it, apparently.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter