When was your room assigned?

act1980

DIS Veteran
I booked a balcony GTY room and sail in August. When can expect a room assignment?

I’ve booked GTY before and got my room allocation in under a week. That was on a sailing that was 9 months out and this one is closer so 🤷🏼‍♀️

GTY assignments will happen when the happen. There's not real way to know how soon, or late, your assignment will come through. It could be anywhere from today to embarkation day.

There's a trick to figure out your cabin after you check in. I didn't think they assigned anything until then, which is 45 days from sailing. At that point, add your pass to your Apple Wallet and look at the numbers under the barcode, or scan the barcode with google lens(?) or whatever will read the barcode. The last four digits are your room number.

There's a trick to figure out your cabin after you check in. I didn't think they assigned anything until then, which is 45 days from sailing. At that point, add your pass to your Apple Wallet and look at the numbers under the barcode, or scan the barcode with google lens(?) or whatever will read the barcode. The last four digits are your room number.
Just done it, the last 4 digits are different for each member of my party

Last edited:
I booked on Orbitz a guarantee Boardwalk balcony and got it assigned 4 days later. Not sure why so fast. The cruise is for August 2024.

We use Guarantees often, and we typically get our room number about 30 days out from our cruise. Waiting for the number is the only negative to Guarantees!

Someone above mentioned the Barcode Trick -- yes, it works! I pull up my boarding pass on my computer and scan the barcode with my Android phone. The last four digits that pop up are your room number.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter