When will '09 dates be released?

When are the new ships coming out 2010 or 2011 and 12?? Thanks......

The 50 bucks is a perk for castaway club members, if you book a cruise between now and a certain date , think it is before Monday , not positive!
you will pick up the $50.00 credit!
even if it is a transfer thinge!
:banana:
Then if you go to the top of this page click on the Dreams Icon you can transfer your reservation to them for an other OBC..

Is the additional $50 OBC for CC members only offered through Dreams? I am late trying to figure this all out - thanks!

Another question: So, the $50 OBC is if you book by 12/30 using your Disney Visa...... If the deposit has already been made (for a "phantom" date in 2008) you just need to actually pay the balance of the cruise at the appropriate time with your Disney Visa, right? We didn't use our Disney Visa for our deposit when we rebooked onboard.

Is there a way to check online for your onboard credits? Does it show up anywhere? Also if I booked online myself and then if I transfer it to DU I will get both of the credits correct? AND I can still login to the disney website and view everything?? I have never used a travel agent...just did everything myself...thanks for any help!

Is there a way to check online for your onboard credits? Does it show up anywhere? Also if I booked online myself and then if I transfer it to DU I will get both of the credits correct? AND I can still login to the disney website and view everything?? I have never used a travel agent...just did everything myself...thanks for any help!
Hi,
I don't think there is the facility to check OBC online, but I can tell you about transferring to DU as I have just done it!
Yes you will keep the $25 for booking online with Disney, then you get any DU credit on top of that.
You must have paid your deposit with Disney to allow the transfer to take place.
You can still use your DCL ressie number to access it online with DCL and make your ressies for Palo etc nearer the time, but you are also given a DU reference number, they confirm your DU OBC online, but again not the Disney OBC.
I havn't yet figures out if I can make further payments online through DCL or if it has to go through DU.

Hope you understood all that, if not, just shout!!

:sad2:
Oh Well. No Alaska for me:sad2:

Don't put off going to Alaska just because DCL isn't going there. It's a wonderful place for a cruise and/or a land trip. DCL doesn't have the only ships in the sea! :)

Something we always considered if Disney does not go there in 2009 .... or we may wait for the new ships...

I am sad that Disney is staying in the caribbean .. :sad2:

Oh well on to planing the 2009 WDW trip and 2010 cruise.... :cool1: :thumbsup2

The new ships are scheduled to launch in 2011 and 2012. Seems so far away.

Yeah it does! The Vacation Club's new resort in Hawaii is supposed to open in 2011...coincidence? I hope when the new ship comes out it goes there!!!

We did not book for 2009. The itineraries just don't seem overly exciting.

Yeah it does! The Vacation Club's new resort in Hawaii is supposed to open in 2011...coincidence? I hope when the new ship comes out it goes there!!!

We did not book for 2009. The itineraries just don't seem overly exciting.

I thought about that also. A perfect time for a ship to go to Hawaii when DVC opens there. They could do a land and sea package. hmmmmm.....

Hi Andrew

the answer is no:sad1: We are not going 2009.

We will wait until 2010/2011

Hopeful there will be Northern Europe:love:

Scottishwee35
Europe would be nice again

The 50 bucks is a perk for castaway club members, if you book a cruise between now and a certain date , think it is before Monday , not positive!

you will pick up the $50.00 credit!
even if it is a transfer thinge!
:banana:

Then if you go to the top of this page click on the Dreams Icon you can transfer your reservation to them for an other OBC..

Sounds good.

You can still use your DCL ressie number to access it online with DCL and make your ressies for Palo etc nearer the time, but you are also given a DU reference number, they confirm your DU OBC online, but again not the Disney OBC.I havn't yet figures out if I can make further payments online through DCL or if it has to go through DU.

Hope you understood all that, if not, just shout!!

DU CAN confirm Disney's OBC, and email you the amount, it just doesn't show up on the DU site.

Also you make future payments ONLINE via DU with a Credit Card. They only thing they ask is that payments be more than $100.00. I found it very handy to send them payments every few months to widdle down the cruise.

I also wanted to add that it seems I got the extra $50 CC OBC when DU transfered my reservation from Oct 08 to Oct 09... AND since I moved my ressie my DU OBC that was $50 per room for 2008 is now $100 per room for my 2009 cruise!
WAY TO GO DU!!!

DU CAN confirm Disney's OBC, and email you the amount, it just doesn't show up on the DU site.

Also you make future payments ONLINE via DU with a Credit Card. They only thing they ask is that payments be more than $100.00. I found it very handy to send them payments every few months to widdle down the cruise.

I also wanted to add that it seems I got the extra $50 CC OBC when DU transfered my reservation from Oct 08 to Oct 09... AND since I moved my ressie my DU OBC that was $50 per room for 2008 is now $100 per room for my 2009 cruise!
WAY TO GO DU!!!

Yes DREAMS have confirmed by OBC each year as living in the UK I put on shipboard credit as well when the rate is very good.

DREAMS really work hard.

I thought about that also. A perfect time for a ship to go to Hawaii when DVC opens there. They could do a land and sea package. hmmmmm.....

Linda: I like the way you think.

Ooooh! That would be a great plan as long as they work things out for the DVC member so we don't have to pay for the land portion b/c we can use out points.

I can see you & Kay definitely doing that cruise.

Yes DREAMS have confirmed by OBC each year as living in the UK I put on shipboard credit as well when the rate is very good.

DREAMS really work hard.

So you can add OBC with them? That is a good idea while the rate is good, I'm hoping we won't need too much more, s'pose it depends if we decide to go for any excursions.

How do you do this with DU then? Is there a big ole obvious form I'm missing? :lmao:

So you can add OBC with them? That is a good idea while the rate is good, I'm hoping we won't need too much more, s'pose it depends if we decide to go for any excursions.

How do you do this with DU then? Is there a big ole obvious form I'm missing? :lmao:

Yes I get an 'EXTRA' on board credit booking with them it was $200 for this cruise $600 on my Panama cruise, You can transfer to them, if you booked directly with DCL, if you need I can give you a contact there who understands us Brits very well, just PM me.

Yes I get an 'EXTRA' on board credit booking with them it was $200 for this cruise $600 on my Panama cruise, You can transfer to them, if you booked directly with DCL, if you need I can give you a contact there who understands us Brits very well, just PM me.

I have already transferred my direct DCL booking to DU, but may be interested in adding my own extra OBC in the future as it gets nearer the time.....

Interesting article, whilst we know now about the 09 cruises this gives an insight.

Disney Cruise Line staying in Port Canaveral in 2009
Dec 5, 2007

Disney Cruise Line will keep the Magic at Port Canaveral in 2009, ending its three year summer oddyssey to distant destinations.

The Disney Magic will be visiting St. Croix and Tortola on select Eastern Caribbean sailings in 2009.

Disney Cruise Line was recently fined $107,000 when it did not meet the mooring quota required by Port Canaveral to maintain its exclusive use of the terminal located there. Disney docked at Port Canaveral 139 times out of the 150 required according to this agreement resulting in the fine being imposed. The Disney's Magic being based in the Mediterranean created the shortfall.

According to Tom McAlpin, Disney Cruise Line President "The $107,000 is a nominal amount. This decision has nothing to do with that. We wouldn't make this type of decision based on that kind of fee." Mr. McAlpin stated that the 2009 Caribbean sailings are a result of guest feedback.

Once Disney's contract with Port Canaveral expires in 2008, is remains renewable annually for the next 40 years.

"The nature of our business is that we have assets that are mobile," McAlpin stated. "We have a great relationship with Port Canaveral and our goal is to continue to do business with them."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter