When will Disneyland go back to operating at 100% capacity?

Thanks...Totally get it now!!

Awesome. So, once you purchase Genie+ for the day (the flat fee) you can book any of the rides in the app that say "Genie+ Book Experience."

To do the ILL, you have to make separate purchases.

Also, you do not have to buy Genie+ to buy ILL rides. Completely separate options.

For Magic Key holders here, about how often do keys resume sale, and how long do they stay on sale before being taken down again?

For Magic Key holders here, about how often do keys resume sale, and how long do they stay on sale before being taken down again?

There's really no predictor of when MKs will go on sale again. I think Inspire keys are still available now, but that's it. Some speculation is that sales will open again at the end of summer for other keys, but that's literally just speculation and no actual confirmation from Disney. You just have to keep your eye on this board or social media to see when it does happen.

And they generally sell out within a couple days, so if you're interested, you don't want to drag your feet.

Rise and RSR are both Individual Lightning Lanes which have extra cost. The others are LL.

I was in DL over Presidents' Week in 2022 and while I didn't count, I got a lot of LLs each day. I kind of mastered picking rides that were down which converted to anytime for many of the rides (not all), and some - if they knew the ride was going to be down a while - converted very close to the time I picked them so I would end up with a lot. I didn't necessarily use the anytime for the ride that I'd initially gotten it for. (I only paid for an ILL once - for WebSlingers which is not NOT an ILL. I did single rider for RSR, MMRR was not open yet, and I have less than zero interest in anything Star Wars.)
I’m with you on Star Wars - never seen the movies (and am actually a little sick of how much is being put into the parks and cruises). That said, I think Rise of the Resistance really is one of the most amazing things Disney has done in a while. I did it in 2021 when it was available through Virtual Queue only, and I actually budgeted to buy Individual Lightning Lanes when we go in August. I can’t tell you anything about the story, and much of the pre show went right over my head, but I still just absolutely loved it. 😊

There's really no predictor of when MKs will go on sale again. I think Inspire keys are still available now, but that's it. Some speculation is that sales will open again at the end of summer for other keys, but that's literally just speculation and no actual confirmation from Disney. You just have to keep your eye on this board or social media to see when it does happen.

And they generally sell out within a couple days, so if you're interested, you don't want to drag your feet.

But if I get in the queue on opening day and wait it out, I’m basically guaranteed to get one?

I’m with you on Star Wars - never seen the movies (and am actually a little sick of how much is being put into the parks and cruises). That said, I think Rise of the Resistance really is one of the most amazing things Disney has done in a while. I did it in 2021 when it was available through Virtual Queue only, and I actually budgeted to buy Individual Lightning Lanes when we go in August. I can’t tell you anything about the story, and much of the pre show went right over my head, but I still just absolutely loved it. 😊
Totally agree! I can’t even last a full movie, but this ride is totally amazing. I literally had my jaw dropped in awe several times. It is amazing storytelling and tech. So much fun!

But if I get in the queue on opening day and wait it out, I’m basically guaranteed to get one?

Probably? I know there were all kinds of issues when they opened back up in November. But when they opened up again a few months after that, it went a lot smoother. Because even if you were still in the queue when it closed at night, you kept your same place in the queue in the morning. (As long as you don't exit your browser or turn your computer off!)

No it's not guaranteed. I know someone who waited in the queue and tried to purchase. There was an error. When they reloaded all the keys were sold out.

Do you not want the Inspire pass? It's currently available for sale.

Expect new sales for other levels around end of August/early September for the next opportunity. A LOT of key holders are on an August renewal cycle since that is when they started back sales of them after the pandemic. Once Disney sees the renewal numbers, they will likely release them for sale again.

I recommend purchasing the highest level pass you think you will need, as it is often impossible to upgrade them once sales have closed. Be absolutely SURE of which one you want. Follow social media for news and announcements. I like Scott Gustin on Twitter, for Disneyland news. He is quick on releasing breaking news a bit ahead of time. He has solid intel.

Also make sure your Disney account is updated with a valid credit card payment. I'd recommend just being prepared to pay in full with a credit card. The monthly payment option is often glitchy at checkout, and you can't use gift cards to pay for Magic Keys, and this trips up a lot of people and they end up missing out on making the purchase.

Do you not want the Inspire pass? It's currently available for sale.

Expect new sales for other levels around end of August/early September for the next opportunity. A LOT of key holders are on an August renewal cycle since that is when they started back sales of them after the pandemic. Once Disney sees the renewal numbers, they will likely release them for sale again.

I recommend purchasing the highest level pass you think you will need, as it is often impossible to upgrade them once sales have closed. Be absolutely SURE of which one you want. Follow social media for news and announcements. I like Scott Gustin on Twitter, for Disneyland news. He is quick on releasing breaking news a bit ahead of time. He has solid intel.

Also make sure your Disney account is updated with a valid credit card payment. I'd recommend just being prepared to pay in full with a credit card. The monthly payment option is often glitchy at checkout, and you can't use gift cards to pay for Magic Keys, and this trips up a lot of people and they end up missing out on making the purchase.

I was going to just use a credit card for the full shebang and then pay it off the next day, to get the cash back without owing interest.

My brother and sister have Believe Keys, but they like to go for weekend hotel stays and holiday trips. I work weekends and I'm fine just going for one-day turnarounds (I live in the high desert, about 70 miles away), so I think the Enchant Key is sufficient for that. Blocked out on weekends and during peak holiday months, but most other weekdays are good to go.

When they bring Inspire under $1,000 a year, I'll probably consider it. :jester:

The worst I've seen it was in the '90s. I'd just flown down for a job interview in San Clemente and my sister and I decided to go to DL for the day. We bought our tickets, went in and BLAM! Wall-to-wall people. By the time we got to the hub, I was literally afraid of being squashed (I'm short and at the time, weighed 100 lbs). My sister and I looked at each other, went NOPE and left.
As a former CM who worked in DL from 1980 to 1993, folks on this thread have zero idea what "busy" means. And that's pre-FastPass too.

Current Inspire Key availability, 11:00am, 6/25/23:

IMG_7605.png
IMG_7606.png
IMG_7607.png
IMG_7608.png

I can literally drive over to the resort and head into either park, and it's almost noon.

As a former CM who worked in DL from 1980 to 1993, folks on this thread have zero idea what "busy" means. And that's pre-FastPass too.
You know, I was thinking about it and realized that the year was actually 1986 because I had just finished student teaching. They did offer me the job but I was pretty shocked at the cost of living compared to the entry level pay so I took one elsewhere.

Busy/crowded to me is when crowds going the opposite way are veering into you because they have no room to walk in front of them, and constantly touching elbows with the people beside you.

Prior to coming back to Disneyland after 17 years, I was a regular at Six Flags. I never even saw it a tenth of how crowded Disneyland was when I finally got the chance to go back, except MAYBE during Frightfest.

Busy/crowded to me is when crowds going the opposite way are veering into you because they have no room to walk in front of them, and constantly touching elbows with the people beside you.

Prior to coming back to Disneyland after 17 years, I was a regular at Six Flags. I never even saw it a tenth of how crowded Disneyland was when I finally got the chance to go back, except MAYBE during Frightfest.
Let’s put it this way, even at its busiest immediately before the pandemic, there was probably an additional 10-15% more people in Disneyland Park in the 80’s and 90’s. There was no second gate to absorb capacity, no Toon Town, no Galaxy’s Edge. An 85,000-guest day translates into 120-180 minute waits on most E-ticket rides and no FastPass lines to make any of it any shorter.

Last edited:

How much time is usually given between when Key sales are announced and when they actually begin? I was advised to keep the Disneyparks blog page open in a browser and check it daily, so I'm doing that, but if it falls on a workday for me, I want to be ready with paid time off so I can spend the day waiting out the queue if needed, and not lose the opportunity because of work.

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter