When will my VGT room get assigned?

I’m 20 days away from sailing and still waiting for my room assignment. Hope it’s soon 🤞🏼

We've sailed twice since the restart (VGT) and received room assignment between 1 and 2 weeks prior to sailing. Currently booked on the 12/26 Fantasy and expect the same.
UPDATE - got our room assignment on 11/16 for the 12/26 sailing. Booked it on 11/3.

We booked this Friday ( 2 days ago) an IGT on the December 6th sailing. Curious if we even get an assignment before port.

We got our VGT room assignments on 11/24 for our 12/26 cruise. We are very happy! Connecting rooms and near where I would have booked anyway!

We got our assignment today (11/30) for our 12/13 cruise.

I'm 29 days out and still waiting. For my October cruise I learned the stateroom a little over a month in advance. Now it seems like 2 weeks is more the norm, so I'm not counting on finding out anytime soon. I really don't care when I know, as long as I get a decent stateroom.

They *can* be assigned as late as at the pier.

13 days 2 hours out for our 12/24 Dream cruise and still nothing 🥺
I obsessively read through the threads on this topic, and a lot of people seem to get assignments at 11/12 days and many others at 6 days. I have 16 days to go and I'm doing my best to be patient (though it's not working).

Thanks for the replies. So basically it should be a couple more weeks? Also, we're getting the cruise bus to the post from WL. Do you check in when they collect you (luggage tags etc) or is it still when you get to the terminal?
Check in online. Get to terminal and take covid test. Once you pass walk on.

I've discovered that DCL will only assign *GT rooms on days of the week that end in "y" :) Sadly, that's not too useful.

My experience has been usually about 3 weeks prior to sail date, but sometimes as little as a week before.

Any more recent VGT cruisers care to share how far out they were assigned their stateroom? We cruise Oct 6 out of Miami and still no stateroom assignment…

I likely check more than 10x per day - LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter