When will Pool Hopping resume>

ACJT

DIS Veteran
Has anyone have any feedback from DVC regarding a resumption of pool hopping? We have always enjoyed day trips to Vero Beach while staying at SSR

My guess is there are perks that Disney just wants to do away with. Not sure how this could still be a Covid closure - it’s probably gone for good.

I don't think you could ever pool hop at Vero or HH. Just for the gst staying at those resorts
You actually could. Just wasn't practicable at HHI because hopping was only a factor if you were staying DVC. Also why technically hopping to AUL or VGC was not specifically not allowed, but let's be real here.

What would be the rationale for not resuming pool hopping?

It really has no cost to Disney and is a great way fro DVC to market other resorts to current owners. We have often considered a small Vero Beach ownership ...just have never pulled the trigger.

It can hardly be a covid issue still?

The only thing it saves is the front desk folks (at the destination resort) a bit of work. When we have gone to Vero in the past, they take the time to verify we are currently staying on DVC points elsewhere and then print off a key card for our family.

I guess it could also eliminate the challenges that arise from having to police and monitor capacities, as well as having to deal with upset owners getting turned away??

I still think its a great marketing tool to current DVC owners to consider purchasing an interest in additional resorts>

As a frequent cash guest at DVC resorts, I always found inbound pool hoppers annoying and I'd be glad if this change was permanent. Now they just need to find a way to ban savanna-peepers at Jambo House and Christmas decoration tourists at the Magic Kingdom resorts.

As a frequent cash guest at DVC resorts, I always found inbound pool hoppers annoying and I'd be glad if this change was permanent. Now they just need to find a way to ban savanna-peepers at Jambo House and Christmas decoration tourists at the Magic Kingdom resorts.
How does one know if the family next to them at the pool is an "inbound hopper"?

What would be the rationale for not resuming pool hopping?

It really has no cost to Disney and is a great way fro DVC to market other resorts to current owners. We have often considered a small Vero Beach ownership ...just have never pulled the trigger.

It can hardly be a covid issue still?

The only thing it saves is the front desk folks (at the destination resort) a bit of work. When we have gone to Vero in the past, they take the time to verify we are currently staying on DVC points elsewhere and then print off a key card for our family.

I guess it could also eliminate the challenges that arise from having to police and monitor capacities, as well as having to deal with upset owners getting turned away??

I still think its a great marketing tool to current DVC owners to consider purchasing an interest in additional resorts>

I wonder if it is in part due to short staff issues and the monitoring issue.

But honestly, I prefer it not be an option because certain times it’s crazy busy. i

I wonder if it is in part due to short staff issues and the monitoring issue.

But honestly, I prefer it not be an option because certain times it’s crazy busy. i
Not to beat a dead horse, but when we've been at our resort and the pools been busy, are we to assume its because of hoppers? Really the only ones who would know for sure is the staff ...unless the inbound hoppers are announcing their status?

It's usually a family of 7, all wearing Old Key West 1992 t-shirts, arriving in a minivan or Ford Transit, and lugging an Owner's Locker crate or two between them.
Hmmm, I can't see the parking lot from the pool, so how would I know to judge by their vehicle? Could the owners locker crate simply be accompanying a family checking in? A large family could easily be staying in a 2 bedroom unit? Not sure what the clothing has to do with it... could be a family that owns at numerous resorts? Other than passing presumptuous judgement I don't know how any other guest can decipher who is "hopping in"? Only the staff would really know, or have the ability to verify that?

Hmmm, I can't see the parking lot from the pool, so how would I know to judge by their vehicle? Could the owners locker crate simply be accompanying a family checking in? A large family could easily be staying in a 2 bedroom unit? Not sure what the clothing has to do with it... could be a family that owns at numerous resorts? Other than passing presumptuous judgement I don't know how any other guest can decipher who is "hopping in"? Only the staff would really know, or have the ability to verify that?
I'm just teasing mate, it's not that serious.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter