When will skyliner be back to normal capacity?

mamaofsix

DIS Veteran
Now that COVID protocals are starting to ease, any guesses as to when the skyliner will start operating at full capacity again instead of only one party per gondola?

With buses and many rides now loading every seat, it seems like this would be a no-brainer. Would certainly cut down on the long wait times to get on at RIV and CBR.

I hope never, I much prefer the one-party-per-gondola system. We spent a week at Caribbean Beach in April and we never experienced a line more than 5 minutes, even with the restriction in place.

I was just at Riviera. I had to wait 45 minutes to an hour to get on the Epcot Skyliner 40 minutes after park close. It seems to be getting worse every day.

I would not at all be comfortable stuck in a gondola with people that might take their mask off when I've got my unvaccinated children with me. I'm sure I"m not the only one who feels this way and I could see actual fights happening. The gondola's are unique because there's no way for a CM to police what's goign on inside of them.

I was just at Riviera. I had to wait 45 minutes to an hour to get on the Epcot Skyliner 40 minutes after park close. It seems to be getting worse every day.
Epcot at closing is rough. We stayed at BC in January and was already bad. The line was stretched out down the front of Beach Club. I think the hardest part is guests aren’t aware of how long the skyliner line gets until it’s too late and they’re trying to find the end of the line dejected and exhausted.

I would not at all be comfortable stuck in a gondola with people that might take their mask off when I've got my unvaccinated children with me. I'm sure I"m not the only one who feels this way and I could see actual fights happening. The gondola's are unique because there's no way for a CM to police what's goign on inside of them.
If it bothers you that much you can always ask for a private gondola.

Why would you be getting ON the Skyliner 40 minutes AFTER park close?

They let you on rides up until the park closes. It also takes a while to get there and there was a band having live rehearsals, so I stayed and watched. To me it’s better to just drag my feet instead of hurrying up and waiting.

Plus, if I wasn’t there I wouldn’t have known they were testing fireworks.

If it bothers you that much you can always ask for a private gondola.

Are you allowed to do that? We are going in October and we want to ride the Skyliner to see what it's like. We'd go during off-peak times, would be nice if the two of us could get our own gondola - I may geek out a bit when I hear the chimes! :D (i've watched so many youtube videos, can't wait to ride it!)

I hope never, I much prefer the one-party-per-gondola system. We spent a week at Caribbean Beach in April and we never experienced a line more than 5 minutes, even with the restriction in place.
I feel the same way. Same for buses. If they would just allow everyone to have a seat that would be fine. I like not being crammed in like sardines. And, I don't want to have to freak out if someone starts rocking the the gondola. I sit in the middle being very still.... I also like not being smashed into a row on the Safari truck with other people.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter