When will the contract extension expire for Disney Employees?

Get ready for another ticket price hike.
It's not just going to be ticket prices, it's going to be everything from food to souvenirs to parking to everything you pay for.
I can only imaging how it is going to effect Disney Vacation Club maintenance fees.

Glad they negotiated a contract that improves their compensation.

It will be interesting to see how the vote goes.

Glad they negotiated a contract that improves their compensation.

It will be interesting to see how the vote goes.
They should vote for it because the union approves of the contract I thought.

It would be interesting to know how much of member fees are labor.
The bills should be broken down as
Taxes
Reserves
Operating

I am going to guess labor comes out of operating. I know operating is more than just labor.
I am sure it includes many things involving daily operating of the resort buildings/member services buildings along with other things like water,electric,rent and so on.

It's not just going to be ticket prices, it's going to be everything from food to souvenirs to parking to everything you pay for.
I can only imaging how it is going to effect Disney Vacation Club maintenance fees.
Well, Genie+ went up to 29.00 a day when we were there last week. That's twice what most of those workers were making, so I'm sure some of that is recouped there.

Well, Genie+ went up to 29.00 a day when we were there last week. That's twice what most of those workers were making, so I'm sure some of that is recouped there.
I wonder how much Genie+ is going to crest at. Clearly they feel like they haven’t met demand resistance for it yet.

Prices have been going up faster than any pay increases. Park tickets, genie, merchandise, food, and so on. Disney has the money to pay decent wages. This isn't Six Flags.
Exactly. When you break down how much things cost vs how much cast members are paid, it's pretty crazy. $35 for mouse ears, $32 for a bubble wand, $40 for a pirate hat that was $25 a couple of months ago. Even those little bubble wand carts bring in thousands per day while that one person running it is making $15/hr.

Prices have been going up faster than any pay increases. Park tickets, genie, merchandise, food, and so on. Disney has the money to pay decent wages. This isn't Six Flags.

Exactly. When you break down how much things cost vs how much cast members are paid, it's pretty crazy. $35 for mouse ears, $32 for a bubble wand, $40 for a pirate hat that was $25 a couple of months ago. Even those little bubble wand carts bring in thousands per day while that one person running it is making $15/hr.

Much of that stuff is made in China and dirt cheap to make and then high mark up. Disney is making massive profits over that stuff not because of inflation, that's just taking advantage of the inflationary environment.

A lot of people go to Disney world and max out their credit cards. They don't necessarily afford this stuff. But heck, if the government is going to manage their budgets that way, why not the people? So yeah, Disney is taking advantage of people who go there with seemingly no limit to spend. But if you end up with a recession and people start re-thinking this way of spending, Disney is going to have a very, very big problem. Because as we see with the Star Cruiser, Disney would rather crash than drop a price tag.

Seeing a few posts that attempt to conflate CM pay with the value/cost of what they sell. That's not really a valid comparison. If it were, the people who work in the higher end jewelry stores would be paid more than those who work next door selling the trinkets.

Doubt that will happen now since they are still short of CM's.
I have a neighbor who is a cast member. He has been with Disney for several years and is full time.
He he told me he is scheduled five days a week six hours a day.
He told me that is considered full time.
Not sure how true this is, it is what he told me.

I have a neighbor who is a cast member. He has been with Disney for several years and is full time.
He he told me he is scheduled five days a week six hours a day.
He told me that is considered full time.
Not sure how true this is, it is what he told me.
I've got a CM in the family that is being scheduled full shifts for 6 days a week because they are short on help.

I've got a CM in the family that is being scheduled full shifts for 6 days a week because they are short on help.
It may be based on a specific area,time of year or kind of job needing to be staffed. This was also about three months ago that my neighbor told me this.

Back in the day when I worked for Disney I was in a non union job. I was told by a cast member that Disney had made full time a minimum of 32 hours a week to still be eligible for full benefits.
This did not affect me because the department I worked in was short staffed. At times I worked six or seven days a week eight hours a day.
Once again this is what I was told by a cast member.

Years ago we had the over time hotline. If you were not able to get enough hours in your own department you could call to see where help you were qualified for was needed and work those areas.

That's not as common because that involves paying overtime. Everyone who is or knows a cast member is going to tell you a different story based on their location. Many full timers are barely making 32 hours per week. There are part timers who aren't being scheduled at all. As in zero hours per week. Then there are other areas where they are in need of help and hours are plentiful. It is absolutely not consistent at all across all parks or even across areas within each park. So what one person says really only reflects their specific area- and I don't even mean attractions get this and merchandise gets this. I mean merchandise at this location in Magic Kingdom is understaffed and cast members can work as much as they want, and in another location they are begging for hours and having to pick up extra shifts in other areas because their own location isn't cutting it.

That's not as common because that involves paying overtime. Everyone who is or knows a cast member is going to tell you a different story based on their location. Many full timers are barely making 32 hours per week. There are part timers who aren't being scheduled at all. As in zero hours per week. Then there are other areas where they are in need of help and hours are plentiful. It is absolutely not consistent at all across all parks or even across areas within each park. So what one person says really only reflects their specific area- and I don't even mean attractions get this and merchandise gets this. I mean merchandise at this location in Magic Kingdom is understaffed and cast members can work as much as they want, and in another location they are begging for hours and having to pick up extra shifts in other areas because their own location isn't cutting it.
How does that scheduling work? Do they have to petition to work at another stand/store?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter