When will the deed be recorded with the county?

TexasChick123

Always Dreaming of Our Next Vacation
DVC Silver
We officially closed on our Riviera contracts 2 days ago. When will the deed show up on the comptroller's website? I haven't seen any Riviera deeds on there yet. I didn't pay attention when the last couple of properties went on sale during the presale period. Will the deeds record soon or will they have to wait until the resort opens? I thought the deeds would've shown up already, but I don't see a single Riviera deed for anyone.

We officially closed on our Riviera contracts 2 days ago. When will the deed show up on the comptroller's website? I haven't seen any Riviera deeds on there yet. I didn't pay attention when the last couple of properties went on sale during the presale period. Will the deeds record soon or will they have to wait until the resort opens? I thought the deeds would've shown up already, but I don't see a single Riviera deed for anyone.

I cannot remember how long it takes but my CCV contracts were out there before the resort opened.

ETA: Looking at my deeds now, I see it moves pretty fast (or it did at the time). I'd give it another few days. They probably send them in batches.

I cannot remember how long it takes but my CCV contracts were out there before the resort opened.

Thank you. I've only bought resale up until now, and the deed always showed up within 24 hours of closing. :confused3

Thank you. I've only bought resale up until now, and the deed always showed up within 24 hours of closing. :confused3

I had recently read that the deeds for CCV were not recording until maybe a month or even a little longer after they first went on sale.

I had recently read that the deeds for CCV were not recording until maybe a month or even a little longer after they first went on sale.

Thanks. Since I don’t see a single deed, my guess is that they haven’t sent over any yet. I guess what’s my rush? It doesn’t open until December.

Yeah I remember my first time buying direct. It took the deed a while to get recorded. I'd keep checking because I was so used to resale and then I reminded myself, "who cares you've already got the points?" Lol it's such a different experience.

I guess the question is - since it's a direct purchase - do you have points in your account yet??!!

The first Riviera deeds started to appear on the OCC website on April 12. DVCNews will have an article about the Riviera deeds in the next day or so.

The first Riviera deeds started to appear on the OCC website on April 12. DVCNews will have an article about the Riviera deeds in the next day or so.

Thanks. I must’ve been looking incorrectly initially. Any idea why there haven’t been any more deeds filed after 4/12?

Thanks. I must’ve been looking incorrectly initially. Any idea why there haven’t been any more deeds filed after 4/12?
No DVC deeds were recorded by OCC on April 16, but there were Riviera deeds filed on both April 16 and 17.

We mailed out a direct contract back to DVC/DVD on March 29 and it was in OCC on April 11. They received it on April 1 so it was in OCC exactly 10 days after they received it.

Thanks everyone. Now that I have learned how to look up filings when all the info isn’t there initially, it’s making a lot more sense.

Last edited:
Did you see any of yours yet? 258 deeds posted yesterday.

Kind of. The info is a little wacky, but it is ours. @wdrl told me that the info changes and gets updated over a period of days. They’re all still listed as processing, so I’m guessing they’ll fix it.

When we bought resale, all the info showed up one day whenever it was recorded, and everything was correct. Maybe it’s because there were so many recorded yesterday that they’re doing it in stages. Maybe it’s how direct is always done. I have no idea. :confused3

Kind of. The info is a little wacky, but it is ours. @wdrl told me that the info changes and gets updated over a period of days. They’re all still listed as processing, so I’m guessing they’ll fix it.

When we bought resale, all the info showed up one day whenever it was recorded, and everything was correct. Maybe it’s because there were so many recorded yesterday that they’re doing it in stages. Maybe it’s how direct is always done. I have no idea. :confused3
Yeah yesterday I had a lot of time to kill and was interested to look at the Riviera sales. So I just did a generic search with Disney as grantor and deed checked in the pull down and a begin/end date of 16, then 17 etc individually. That returns all deeds/resorts. I usually then filter the results by deed doc tax to group similar size contracts. Then I would simply select “add all to my images”, then download all on the left which puts the whole page of deeds in one giant PDF. And then you just scroll and scroll watching for Riviera to view the deeds. Then you do it all again for page 2,3,4.... it’s kinda tedious, but I enjoyed it too. It’s sort of a sociological view of the buying community and you see interesting things such as the flexible use year effect - lots of L14 sales. Some big like 540 BLT, 300 BRV etc and a lot of small existing owner adds. BTW largest Riviera buyer so far from my observations bought 1000 (400,300,300).

Reactions: STA
This is very interesting data to see. Based on your work yesterday were there a lot on current dvc members whom purchased a smaller 50 to 100 point contract? These people will all compete in the studio wars that will unfold. Did you calculate the average contract size?

This is very interesting data to see. Based on your work yesterday were there a lot on current dvc members whom purchased a smaller 50 to 100 point contract? These people will all compete in the studio wars that will unfold. Did you calculate the average contract size?
Yes indeed. @wdrl pointed out that new purchasers had a contract beginning with “16”. Not a ton of those yet as existing members had a shot first. Quite a few existing owners adding on at Riviera. I did not do many calculations. But IIRC most I saw posted yesterday were smaller contracts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter