When will WDW have a new nighttime parade again?!

And this threas now has illustrated why I think all the misdirection towards parades and fireworks is damaging...

They are not investing enough In Attractions and haven't since iger took over. They're letting the real, value things decay and that is antithetical to what made the place great in the first place: consistent, diligent reinvestment.

A parade isn't worth $125 a day and never will be. The RIDES and daily shows are where the value always has been.

Back in the 1990s - Mid 2000s people would give me the "your going again" One of my canned responses was "on a week long vacation there are so many shows and interactions that occur on the streets that you don't even need to go on a ride to get your money's worth." Then when I started reading these boards you could come on here and people would get lambasted for complaining about something small being eliminated. A parade may not be worth a days admission but that parade plus all the other interactions were (granted it wasn't $125 or the time equivalent back then either)

The decay began before Iger, but accelerated tremendously under him. I say it began with the removal of the Main St. Penney arcade and slowly but surely progressed from there.

I have to agree some things are going away we will miss. I also do not want to totally remove all of the old and historical things. I want my son to be able to walk down the main street with his kids and say "and that show over there is about Mr. Lincon, My dad used to make us go every trip. I still remember it. Come on, " and then his family passes it down. No Mr. Lincon is not gone. However, I have some fear with all the new upgrades and add-ons, that it could be considered. IE My dad did take me to the penny arcade I think, but I did not know that was gone.

Penny arcade left after they bought ESPN and turned it into a sports themed gift shop. I don't know anything about DLR except they still have MR. Toad

To be honest I haven't read through the whole thread but part of the lack of parade in the other parks in my mind is also the layout. Fact is AK is not built to handle a parade everyday. Same with Epcot. I think DHS can but it's also a mess with construction.

Of course there's a cost factor (always) but the geography I think also plays a role

To be honest I haven't read through the whole thread but part of the lack of parade in the other parks in my mind is also the layout. Fact is AK is not built to handle a parade everyday. Same with Epcot. I think DHS can but it's also a mess with construction.

Of course there's a cost factor (always) but the geography I think also plays a role

The entire philosophy has rotated and it's not customer friendly.

They now line item things that used to be standard included in the base ticket...and that isn't what our memories of parks are based upon.

It will continue as long as Disney has an identity crisis...which it does on the corporate level.

We were disappointed about the EP being discontinued. Our three year old grandkids couldn't ride a number of rides, even though we paid full ticket prices, but everyone of our 6 grandchildren came to life during the night parade.
If the Disney powers to be could see the joy and inspiration on the faces of kids during the night parade they would bring it back immediately.
I always hate to see classics disappear. Something comforting about traditions that connect us to the past.

I have to say that I am DEVASTATED by the loss of the MSEP. I've been to WDW eight separate times and each time I never felt more magic than when that parade came down the steet. FOF is an amazing parade but it doesn't give me the same childlike glee that I got from the lights on all the floats and performers. I'm going again this August and am so worried about missing this magic. I can only hope that a new nighttime, lighted parade comes sooner rather than later.

Everything said here makes sense why Disney is getting rid of the parade. Ending the parade though is one of the top three (although 3 of many) reasons we won't/don't go as much as we used to. To us, the parade was a must do and a big part of the experience. Glad we got to see it before it ended though.

The parades are a huge part of the magic of Disney and the lights and glitter of the evening ones make them that much more special. We loved the parades at AK & HS as well, but don't miss them nearly as much as we missed the MSEP this year. I was hoping Paint the Night would replace it. Still hoping.

The only explanation for the loss of all the parades is cost. It truly is sad.

I have faith in Disney. If we don't get Paint The Night, we will get something just as exciting. Just you wait and see!

It's disappointing they do not have a night time parade. We're going in July and were really hoping they would announce something before then. I believe we're running out of time for that to be a possibility.

The night time parade was something that set disney aside from everyone else.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter