• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

When will your children be on spring break?

2nd week of March. our neighboring district is 2nd AND 3rd weeks of March.

Our school is off starting the week after Easter (4/4), April 10-18 including those weekends.

North NJ... districts seem to stagger their breaks here.
Our old city has off the week before Easter, March 29 - April 2.

Last edited:
We are in person and off March 12 thru 21. Our trip to WDW is planned for then. No idea what crowds will be or hours yet...just hoping it's the right decision

The largest school district in my area is on spring break the week of March 8. The smaller districts that actually have a spring break are off the following week. These are all districts with under 800 students from Kindergarten through Senior year in heavily farm and ranching areas with it being in the middle of lambing and farrowing season plus starting to set poultry as well as the tail end of calving season-trust me no one is going anywhere there is too much work to be done.
No spring break for the public university, the private college, or the smaller schools that only go to 6th or 8th grade and then feed into the largest district. In addition the largest private elmentary and secondary school system does not have a spring break nor does the 2nd largest disrict in the area.

Translation you might see a handful of families traveling to Disney or other places from my part of Montana but it is not going to be anymore than what you would see on a week that parents are just taking their kids out of school. There does tend to be more travel from her to Disneyland due to it being closer so families can drive it or it is a lower cost and shorter plane trip.

April 5-9 with a no-school/teacher workday on April 2nd. I'm in Eastern Kansas and our spring break always follows Easter, with Good Friday off as a teacher workday, school improvement day or some such event that allows the kids to be off that day, as well.

We are in person and our spring break is two weeks. The weeks of March 15 and March 22. We are the 2nd largest school district in Nevada so it would affect Disneyland (if it ever opens) more than WDW.

SC- April 2-9, with Easter being on the 4th, I'd suspect the week prior and week of 4/5 to be busier than normal. We usually avoid weekends in most of March and April anyway.

Wisconsin UW system - no spring break. Starting a week later to keep students home an extra week due to high risk January.
I have one at Wisconsin and one at Michigan. The latter has no spring break this year as well, for the same reasons.

I live in a part of the country that has both winter (3 or 4th week of Feb) and spring break (3 or 4th week Apr) for K-12 schools.
A lot of the colleges in the northeast don't have spring break this year because winter break was lengthened (can't have a bunch of college kids moving back into dorms in the post holiday peak)

ETA: I'm not sure the extent to which there will be travel, if quarantine rules still apply for those breaks. Can't do in person school days when you're on a 2 week quarantine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter