When will your Christmas tree go up?

I'm a "Who knows?" this year. They have changed our move and report date for my husband's next duty station four times now. Current report date is Dec. 14. I don't even know if I will have a place to live at Christmas or if I will still be in a hotel room. If we don't move, we will decorate when my daughter finishes her college finals on the 9th since she will be doing finals from home. If we are moving, movers will be picking our stuff up that date and we will probably have already put her in a hotel room with the animals so she can do finals without the confusion of movers, or we will send her to the post library if it is open for her to study and take her finals on line there. 2020 is going to make me tear my hair out and apply for a self hugging jacket before it is over.

We always get a real tree, and last year I got it the last week of November. It was really dry by mid December. I won’t get it quite as early this year and I will buy the conditioner for the water.

I think we will go to a local cut your own place this year. Most of our holiday outings won’t be possible with Covid restrictions, so I really want to do this one.

We buy live trees and purchase them Thanksgiving week. We usually vacation from Thanksgiving until about a week before Christmas. I begin decorating the day after we return.

I start decorating in a little over five weeks. This year is going to be a new challenge though. Brand new house, so I have to figure out where all my outside decorations are going to go. In my previous house, my yard evolved as I added more Disney decor, but now, I'm not sure of ANYthing.

Since I’ve had my own tree, almost 30 years, I’ve put everything up after I take my Halloween decorations down. I started that tradition because my family visited my home for Thanksgiving and we would always go to someone else’s house for Christmas Eve and Christmas, and I wanted to show off my stuff! lol But we only light it after Santa comes to town during the Macy’s Thanksgiving Parade.
I used to have 2 different Dept 56 villages, decorations in every room and 5 Christmas trees with different themes. Now that the kids are adults, I’ve pared down the kiddie decorations, putting them on the bottom of my big tree, and the rest of the tree beautiful glass ornaments. And I only have 3 trees now: the main tree, Mermaid/Tropical Christmas and a UFO silver fiber optic tree.

Our fake tree goes up the Sunday after Thanksgiving, my hubby draws a hardline about not having it up before Thanksgiving. If there was no need for compromised, mine would go up in early November. =D

I have a fake pre lit tree. They are so much better then years ago. When i was a kid we had a fake tree, each branch needed to be put in individually, they were color coded. The color didn't last so it was guess work. Then you had to put on the lights. Not fun. The fake ones now are a god send. Up in ten minutes.

We put ours up as soon as Thanksgiving is over. It's artificial and used to be prelit, but we have since had to add our own lights. I normally put my outside lights up a bit early since that is more time consuming, but don't turn them on until it's time.

Use to be day after Thanksgiving when I was married. Now, I just look at the pictures on the internet of your all's trees :D. I have no need, want, nor room to put up a Christmas tree.

I would like to say Dec 2021 but I know DH will want to get a real tree and it will most likely be the second week of December.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter