When will your Christmas tree go up?

We put ours up last week. We generally never put it up this early but we got a new one and needed to make sure it would fit because it was exactly the height as our ceilings. Once it was up it made no sense to take it down. It isn't fully decorated yet. We are letting our 3 year old add a few ornaments a day as rewards.

Do iiiiiiiittttt, do iiiiitttt!
I've always kind of wanted to do this as a form of revenge on those who start putting up Christmas before Halloween.... but it would break my little traditionalist heart.

I usually refuse to put up any Christmas decor before December 1. But honestly I’d rather skip Christmas decor altogether and just have extra-long Halloween. Maybe I’ll just do that this year. I mean it’s 2020 and there are no rules anymore. 🤣

Can you point me to this thread? The more holidays I can learn about the better!

As mentioned in the obscure holiday thread, in NL we have a holiday on the 5th of December with its own decorations, songs, movies. So in my house nothing Christmassy before the 6th.

We put ours up last weekend. I’ve never really had any rules about when they went up because when my son was younger he was gone a lot of weekends at his dad’s house so we would just try and fit it in whenever He no long visits his dad but we still do put them in when the mood strikes

B55FA767-0B93-4E0D-9C44-831E55C9F920.jpeg295EC9DC-DD0A-4B77-B570-97A191B4D2B2.jpeg

I’ve added one more kitten and one more tree since my last post. :blush: That brings the totals to 4 and 10, respectively. The first tree I put up was the bell tree — a gold metal tree decorated in only bells that makes a cacophony of ringing and jingling when you give it a little jiggle. After first putting it up, I stood back to admire my work and thought, “Dear god, you’ve erected a seven foot tall cat toy.” The kittens were on this thing like white on rice, batting at the bells. With 9 more trees to go, I figured I was doomed. The kittens showed interest in tree #2, and a bit of interest in tree #3, but mostly they wanted to play with the bell tree so it was actually working in my favor. By the time I got around to trees #4 and #5, they barely gave a passing glance to new trees going up. They have all been remarkably good in leaving everything alone and I’m almost done with the decorating now. Stockings, decor, and eight of the trees are complete. The final two trees are up and fluffed and just need decorations. I’ll do the big one sometime this week; the countertop one will wait until mid-December when I’ll decorate it with edible ornaments (gingerbread men, gumdrops, etc).

Here’s one of the little floofs under the butterfly tree.

48C9C207-ED91-4940-AEBD-8FEDCE000867.jpeg

We put up 2 trees. The artificial one which is in the family room will go up next weekend & I will decorate it over the next week. We also get a real tree from our town's fire company. It will get purchase a week after Thanksgiving. It goes in the living room. They will be going up the same time they have done in past years. The artificial one may make a return in May. If the situation with Covid permits our cancelled extended family Christmas time gathering ( which we host in mid-December) will happen in May.

We are putting up a tree on Tuesday, the day it's getting delivered. It is an artificial sparse birch tree. No ornaments. My thought is that this year, it won't give my kittens much to destroy and will reduce the risk of vet visits for eating random ornaments. Next year hopefully they will have chilled out a bit, and we can go back to a real tree with hanging ornaments

We are putting up a tree on Tuesday, the day it's getting delivered. It is an artificial sparse birch tree. No ornaments. My thought is that this year, it won't give my kittens much to destroy and will reduce the risk of vet visits for eating random ornaments. Next year hopefully they will have chilled out a bit, and we can go back to a real tree with hanging ornaments
Overwhelm them with dozens of trees until they wave the white flag. It’s a tried and true method that works. ;):laughing:

We put our tree up Saturday night and decorated it yesterday. This is about a week earlier than when we usually put it up. Since it was so nice out on Saturday we put our outdoor lights up also. I won’t light them until Thanksgiving night. Will decorate the rest of the house sometime later in the week.

Had to drop DS's car off at the shop this evening, so I counted houses that already had lights on (outdoor lights, candles in windows, or tree showing through windows). Took different routes there and back (about 17 miles total) and we got to 75!!

We put our little tree for this year up today.
So tiny. It looks okay, but I miss our 9 foot one.
It is still in the middle of foyer (which has 20 foot ceiling) so really looks small.
But it won't be seen much.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter