• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

When would American cancel flight?

Keacc

DIS Veteran
On May 27,2022, we are supposed to fly to London. We then continue Edinburgh, for a 14 day tour of Scotland and Ireland. Our flight to London is a 787. My wife and I are the only 2 seats in Business Class. There are only a total of 27 seats blocked on the flight. Would American cancel this flight? If so, when? There are 2 later flights that day and one flight has less seats blocked, and the other has only 34 seats blocked. Would they move us to one of the later flights?

Lots of different things are possible and it’s impossible to say with any degree of certainty what will happen. Other things to consider…the first flight is often important to business travelers (albeit given the times, maybe there aren’t many) since that will arrive before the day starts in Europe. Heathrow is also slot restricted and while some rules have been relaxed, the overall concept of use or lose remains and the UK has established 70% is the requirement for this summer.

Plus, May is still kinda far out. As the UK relaxes restrictions and Omicron continues to fall, I think we’re going to see a very strong domestic market and a recovering international one. Only time will tell, though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter