When you are dieting, do others try to sabotage??

Ted and Holly

This login is used by Ted only, please refer to Ju
Just wondering if its me..... I'm very open about my
dieting, and very proud of the 30 pounds I have lost!

BUt most days, it feels like peopel are constantly trying to
tempt me.... I become rude not meaning to.

We had houseguests over the weekend. They know we
are on diets and never said a word about our VERY
noticeable weight losses 30pounds and 45 pounds. Then,
they lay their cookies and candy bars all over our counter
after we told them we don't eat that stuff.

At work, its the same thng, This woman is constantly buying
sweets for me and acts all offended when I dont eat it.
She's always trying to offer me bites of whatever crap
she is eating... and then gives me a rundown of what
she has eaten and how "healthy" it is....

I'm going nuts!! How do you handle these situations????

Holly

Happens all the time, and it pi**es me off. I think some people just want to see other people fail. It makes them feel superior:( . Congratulations on your weight loss. I know how frustrating it is to lose a bunch of weight (I lost 24 lbs.) and have nobody notice. The only comment I got was from a girl at work who told me my pants were too big. I don't think it was meant as a compliment. :(

As an adult, no, no one has tried to tempt me. But when I was a teenager, and I had lost all my extra weight, my mom would encourage me to have a snack every afternoon when I came home from school. Within a year, I had gained back the weight.

And we wonder why losing weight is so hard. Congrats on the weight loss Harley Chick. People are just beginning to notice with me.... something about that 30 pound mark... same thing happened for Ted around 30 pounds.... You're almost there!!!!

More people trying to tempt me today...I think you're right.... it makes people feel superior! Today, a coworker offered some chips to me while I was busy talking to someone else. My hand was IN THE BAG before I realized what I was doing, and flat out told her never to do that again! She laughed!!! I didn't eat any chips!!! SO frustrating!

Holly

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter