When you have both a 5- Day Hopper and a Magic Key....

Simba001

Mouseketeer
We are WA state residents who for many years had Annual Passes. Post Covid we have been purchasing Hoppers since the sale of Magic Keys did not work out when we wanted to buy them.

So DH and I purchased 5 - Day Hoppers in October 2022 to be used for November 2023. We also this June purchased Magic Keys to be used starting in March of 2024 for four or more separate trips.

I can start reserving my Parks now for November and was planning on adding the 5 Day Hopper to the Disneyland app. I just looked at the app and Disney has already linked our Magic Keys to the app.

I want to make sure I do NOT use the Magic Keys during our November trip and only want to use the 5 Day Hoppers. If both are on the app, I fear we might swipe and scan the wrong one by accident.

Would there be any reason I couldn't delete the Magic Keys from the app for now, link the Hoppers and then after we return from the November trip, just link the Magic Key back onto the app?

Has anyone done this and had an issues?

Appreciate any insight/experience anyone has had in this situation.

Park reservations are tied to the entry media, not the account. So you would be making park reservations with the 5 day PH. Not the MK.

You also scan the specific entry media at the gate. So no chance of the other being scanned except for user error choosing the wrong barcode to be scanned.

Park reservations are tied to the entry media, not the account. So you would be making park reservations with the 5 day PH. Not the MK.

You also scan the specific entry media at the gate. So no chance of the other being scanned except for user error choosing the wrong barcode to be scanned.
That is what I fear… user error 😬

Could you just make an alternate account with the PH?
Just use a different email account and create a different account? That is what I would do. I know I would use the wrong passes by accident otherwise.

That is what I fear… user error 😬

Yeah, but you wouldn't have a reservation for that entry media for that day. It'll just flag back there's no park reservation.

It's really easy to not have a user error.

Thank you for the suggestions and input.

I contacted Disneyland and after making sure I had the numbers and barcodes for our MKs saved, they deleted the keys from our apps (they said guests can’t do it themselves). I linked the Hoppers in the app and started reserving our Park days. After our November trip I will link our MKs back into the app.

While it might not have been an issue to have both on the app at the same time, I have peace of mind that the MKs won’t be activated by accident before we are wanting to use them.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter