When you were younger , what would you have had the best chance of winning an Olympic medal in?

Skiing, probably giant slalom and slalom, maybe super g. Doubt I’d have gone far in downhill. Made the junior Olympic team in HS and got a scholarship to a collegiate program that were national champs. That’s when I had to decide how serious I wanted to be. Decided I loved the sport because I loved training and my team. I didn’t like the pressure and felt racing with the weight of my school (and my scholarship) on my back would take away my love for the sport. It’s been a little over 30 years, and I’m happy to say I don’t regret that decision. I sometimes wonder about what it would have been like, but have never regretted giving up racing. I coached one season, then spent about six seasons teaching disabled skiers. Then got married and had kids and maybe skied ten times in a 20 year period. Last year was the first season I skied more than one day. My 15 year old has started skiing, so I skied with him a handful of times and rediscovered my love for the sport.

Is bowling an Olympic sport?...lol Well, it should be!! Otherwise, perhaps I could have been a contender on the women's hockey team!!

Mario Kart
I am unbeatable. LOL

ETA: SNES version. This newfangled version my kid has on the Switch, not so much.
I was watching the Olympics yesterday afternoon and there is some discussion of them (I didn’t catch who the them was) trying to get e-games included in future Olympics.

Absolutely nothing on abilities when younger but if based on current abilities being a 71yo geezer with arthritis and cancer I would also say BICYCLING. Yesterday's 101 miles was done for a bicycling friend's 9th anniversary of his being hit and killed by a semi shortly after beginning the last week's worth of bicycling to Key West, FL that began in Prudhoe Bay, AK. I completed only 115 of the desired 143 miles for my 7/10 Birthday Ride and was disappointed because my goal was to double my age and add 1 mile as I have done for years. Really can't complain because for my 4th of July ride 6 day's earlier I crashed at mile 100 and managed to cause a slight Rotator Cuff tear.

(Except for the crash and burn) That's awesome! Keep rockin it!!

I would say the 100 yard dash.... I grew up with 4 older brothers. I could run faster scared than they could angry LOLOL

Rowing. I was on nationally ranked college boats and trained with national team members. The timing was bad for me to attend national camp during an Olympic year, and I had career commitments I couldn’t put on hold. I doubt I would have made the team, but it would have been pretty cool.

My son's teammates brother is rowing in the 8s. He and his family have sacrificed so much for Justin. He rowed for Drexel which was my son's biggest rival. My son is so excited for him and his entire family.

My kids were swimmers for about 10 years. They swam for the YMCA and if you asked my daughter she was going to swim the breaststroke in Rio after she placed 10 in the Y state meet. All four were actually pretty good breaststrokers and I always thought I was a good swimmer. I actually really like the idea of putting a decent everyday person in a swim lane or a running lane to show how incredible these athletes are.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter