Where are all the 10/12 Western Magic cruisers??

BeanoC

I almost don't feel the way I do.
The thread(s) for those of us on the 7-day Western Magic on 10/12/02 seem to have disappeared!

I see the 10/5 and 10/19 threads going strong, so I decided I would try to 'revive' the 10/12 group!

Only about 135 days to go... We'd better get things planned!

DW and I hope to host an informal wine tasting/DIS gathering
on one night of the cruise. We need lots of feedback from everyone interested so we can all pick a night and time for it.

Denine, I hope I can count on you guys to be there! I wish we were on back-to-back cruises also, but we decided to go for the suite this time and do the back-to-back next summer when the kids are out of school.

Everyone else, please introduce yourself to 'Beano'... We had so much fun meeting people here on the boards last year and then getting together on the cruise. It was great - so let's do it again!

Don't be shy!!!!

'Beano'
:cool:

Hi Beano!
we've been wondering where the thread has gone too, but have been kept happy these last 2 weeks reading all the great things about the Western cruise! You're right only 135 days left to make such important desisions such as which morning to to the Brunch thing? Can DH beat his record for buying T shirts with so many great opportunities on offer ( I survived stingray city? )

lets start planning:)

Hi 3cheers!

I think we'll do Palo's brunch on Sunday again this year. I actually like the brunch better than Palo's dinner, I think!

The next decision is when to get together for a wine drinking, um, I mean wine tasting! We really enjoyed it last year so we are happy to host it this year, if folks are interested.

Nice to have you 'on board', 3cheers! :)

'Beano':cool:

:bounce: Bump! :bounce:

I don't want another 10/12 thread to get lost in the shuffle!

Where is everyone? :)

'Beano'

Hey there!
My wife and I are all set for our 10/12 western cruise!
This will be our third DCL venture, it ought to be quite fun :)

Hey Beanoc:

Looks like we sail again on the same date! I was your neighbor on the Oct cruise last year and we also attended the wine tasting with the othe dis'rs. You can count us in again for another wine tasting. I am not sure which day will work best, however, I think it might be better to have it earlier in the cruise rather than at the end.

Doug and Christy

Beano
WE just signed on and we will be there Ed and Sue and our 2 girls Ashley 8 and Taylor 5.We also go to Disney every Oct or cruise
ED

We also will be on the 10/12 Western. :) This will be our third Disney cruise as well. Just DH and me, a week of cruising and a week at WDW for the Food and Wine Festival (tried to talk DH into back to back cruises, but no luck). Can't wait.

Hey, awesome... Looks like maybe I have this thread runnin' again!

Doug and Christy, we remember you well. We look forward to seeing you again - same cabin, different hosts! :) Curious though - why do you feel like we should have the gathering earlier? I have no argument, just wondering what your thinking is. Anything is good with me!

Canigo - Welcome :)

We have 2 kids also, DS 12, DD 10. We look forward to meeting you!!

zellda - We were at the Food and Wine Festival 2 years ago, and we envy you! What a great thing to experience at Epcot. Good stuff...We look forward to welcoming you also to our DIS gathering aboard the Magic.

Who else?? :) :)

'Beano'

Beano,

It's great to hear from you! Wine tasting was fun last year and we're looking forward to doing it again.
By the way we'd like to take you guys out for drinks some evening as a thank-you for the excellent video you put together last year!

Paul & Pam

Hi Beano!
I thought the Oct. 12 thread died as well and was wondering if I would be the only one aboard.This will be our second cruise along with my DH, DS12, and DD9. We have been so looking forward to it. I am especially looking forward to cruising the Western Itinerary. A brunch and wine tasting sounds great.:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Beano

Mmmm I think you are right, Sunday looks like the best option for Brunch, because the buffets on both sea days look too good to miss. The only thing that concerns me is that the times listed are something like 10.30 to 11.30....do you think this is the time you have to book for, or do they kick you out at 11.30?!!!:(

It would be great if we could somehow organise a combination DIS meet with Brunch? how does everyone else feel?

and yes, wine tasting would be great

Carol, Iain & Kev (12......13 on our Grand Cayman day!)

Paulcrsb - Great to hear from you. I didn't realize that you guys were on this cruise too! That makes 4 couples that I know of from last year! Cool.
Just you and Pam, or your kids again too? (We'll be happy to take you up on that drink ,by the way !) ;)

MO64RN: Our DS is 12, DD is 10 so it would be fun to get them together also. Maybe we can figure out if they have any common interests. Our kids love the pool and Mickey slide, but weren't too thrilled with the labs. They would rather swim, etc. DS is trying to talk me into bringing his Playstation 2 so he can play video games in the room!

It sounds like you guys are on the right track as far as organizing a brunch/wine tasting. Maybe each couple can order some appetizers from room service and we can have that and a few bottles of 'grape juice' in our stateroom! Last year we just had cheese and crackers, maybe we can spice things up a bit this time.

Keep the ideas coming!!!

'Beano' :cool:

Beanoc:

Getting back to you about the suggestion for wine tasting time, I am also in favor of a brunch wine tasting on Sunday. Considering the size of the deck that comes with your cat. 3 room it will be a great way to spend an afternoon and frat with Dis'rs early in the cruise. I think the wine tasting at night was great but folks were recouping from a big meal which made it tough to indulge in cheese and etc. Sounds like we will be leaning more toward refreshing cold deck wines such as pino grigio, chardonay, or sauvignon blanc?????

can' wait!

Doug and Christy
Cori (14 and Connor 9)

sorry I think I'm getting mixed up already!

I was thinking of Palo's Brunch on Sunday before Key West....and a seperate wine tasting thing ( 2 DIS meets for the price of 1:) )

I for one couldn't drink wine then hike round all Key West has to offer!

Is anyone else staying at the Raddisson on the Friday night?

Beano..... We went out yesterday to get DS a PS2, He's been after one for months, we might just about be able to prise him away from it for long enough to holiday in October!:D

3cheers - We are staying at the Radisson friday night. I hope we can say hello! You can identify us by all the lime-green ribbon on our bags. I trust everyone on this thread knows about the ribbon???

We have planned all along to do brunch at Palo's on Sunday. If it becomes a DIS group brunch, that's great too!

OKWMeister - Sounds like you're the wine expert... I don't know a chardonnay from a chianti!! But I do like the idea of possibly an afternoon
gathering on our verandah. Truthfully, I am just there for the socializing with my DIS friends. You are more likely to see me with a mug of beer rather than a glass of wine!

If we do it in the afternoon, we should do it on thursday, since most of us will be busy with excursions the other days.

Just over 4 months to go!!

Beano,
Our kids our about the same age. That is great. My DS loves video games. I am sure your DS and my DS will get along great. He liked the lab but mostly late at night during the free play hours using the computer etc. He was there till midnight most of the time. He is a night owl. Stays up later than me most nights. He also loves sports, especially baseball.

My DD loves crafts and drawing. She likes video games and playing on the computer but not as much as my DS. Both my children love swimming and the Mickey slide. They also liked going to the movies while on the cruise.

I don't know about the lime- green ribbon. Can you fill me in? I found this board very shortly before our first Disney Cruise.

How is it possible to organize a Palo Brunch with the DIS'ers? This sounds like a great idea but how do we guarantee we will all get a ressie at the same time?

I am looking forward to meeting all the DIS'ers. This is so cool.

P.S. I am not much of a wine drinker either but am always willing to try hoping to find one I will like. It's a social thing.:bounce: :bounce: :sunny:

MO64RN -

Sounds like our boys could have some fun together. My son hasn't latched on to sports yet much, even though his dad is a fanatic! He still prefers the video games. Both our kids also loved going to the movies on board. I think they saw 4 movies last year. Anyway, we look forward to meeting you all.

As for the lime green ribbon - it's sort of a 'tradition' started here on the DIS boards - I have no idea by whom. Here's what we all do:

Go to a craft supply store or the like, and purchase some inexpensive lime-green ribbon - the kind you might wrap around gifts, etc.

Put a few strands on each of your bags, camera cases, strollers if you have them - everything! Then, fellow DIS'ers can recognize you by it. (I also find it VERY helpful in identifying our bags as they come around the carousel at the airport !)

Last year, as we boarded the bus at the terminal, a lady glanced over at my camera bag (I ALWAYS have a camera with me - that's another story!!) She says to me, "Oh, do you post on the DIS boards??" I said yes, I'm 'Beano'.

"BEANO!!?" :)

Turns out it was somebody we had been chatting with here for many months prior to the cruise. Anyway, it's a great way to identify yourself to other DIS'ers and also to help you find your bags at the airport! Some of us have also taken to wearing lime-green t-shirts so we can't possibily be missed.
The ultimate fashion statement in new-age obnoxious!

I also produced a video of our cruise last year, with all the DIS folks in it. Ask 'em about it, and if you're interested I could send you a copy - just to help you get in the cruising mood. 'Denine' or 'paulcsrb' can tell you if it was any good.

Talk to you soon!

Thanks Beano,

I will geet my green ribbons before the cruise. What type of video did you produce? Sounds neat. What kind of sports does your DH like? My DH is also a sports fanatic. In fact he is freaking out that he may miss some baseball playoff games while on the cruise. Problem solved with the internet cafe. I told him to get the unlimited usage so he can keep tabs on the games and scores. I have been so looking forward to this cruise. We didn't cruise last year and when I heard about the Western Itinerary I booked immediately. It also works out perfect that my kids are off school that week so I don't have to pull them out. Our first cruise I did but as they get older it gets harder to do so. Keep me psted of the brunch and wine tasting. Looking forward to meeting you and the family.

This is an odd question but what does Beano stand for? Just curious.

MO64RN -

Just to clear any confusion - You asked about my 'DH' ? I AM the DH!!

(Beano is male... ) ;)

And as for sports - My biggest concern last year was how to follow the NFL (football) while onboard. I went to the ESPN lounge, drank beer, watched football, and thought HARD - How could life possibly be better??? ;)

I also plan to have full usage of the internet this year so I can communicate with my employees (thus justifying a write-off!) and to keep posted on other sports I may miss at ESPN.

It's true I missed most of the World Series last year, but as Dodger fan - it didn't matter! I do love New York, especially after 9/11, but God help me - I hate those Yankees! (Spoken like a true Dodger fan).

And to answer your question about 'Beano'...

My name is Ben. Casual friends call me Ben. Business associates call me Ben.

Family and dear friends know me as Beano! It's a moniker my grandfather tacked on me many years ago, and it stuck. If you call me Beano, we must be friends. If we're on a Disney cruise together and drinking wine in my suite... we're friends!!

(And if you're familiar with the gas remedy by the same name - just a coincidence I assure you!) ;)

'Beano'

:cool:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter