• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Where are all the "easy meal" idea thread?

BWVDenise

I believe in something, I just don't know what it
Help! Only 2 weeks to go and I'm getting discouraged by my meal plans. I'd like to make easy dinners at "home" and I can't come up with enough ideas. I'm bringing some frozen Red Baron Pizzas, also frozen bbq pork w/veggies and cornbread, and I figured I could get some mickey pasta and sauce from the Boardwalk store one night. Can someone give me any more ideas? :bounce: I don't know why this is such a pain:eek: ! I have one of those soft sided coolers that I'll use to take my frozen things and some cheeses, butter, etc.
I can't seem to hit the right search words to find other suggestions!:mad:

THANKS!!!

1 lb ground beef (browned)
2 cups V-8 (no really it taste better in this)
2 Tbl cornstarch
1 beef boulion

Simmer till thick and pour over prepared Mac and Cheese. Kids love it and it reheats in Microwave really well.

Tuna casserole

1 pkg Mac-n-Cheese
1 can Tuna
1 can Peas

Make the mac-n-cheese and then throw in the rest

Sorry I don't know about the old thread but I have 2 new ones that I always do on vacation:

1. Chili and Velvetta (cut in 1" cubes) in the microwave until melted. Serve with tortilla chips and a side dish of fruit. ( My DH and I like to have this with margaritas! Yum)

2. Stouffers frozen lasagna, it's really good, comes in family size and reheats really well.

Hope this helps.

1 1/2 Lb Ground Beef
8oz can Tomato Sauce
2 C prepared minute rice

cook rice
add cooked rice to raw meat - brown in pan
add sauce
(this is a stuffed pepper mix, without the peppers)

Poor Mans Pizza

English Muffins
tomato sauce
mozzarella cheese

toast muffins -- heat sauce in microwave- put on muffins, add cheese - melt in microwave

We also plan on: (o.k. I plan on. lol)
Spaghetti with meatballs (bring frozen)
hash brown potato mix
eggs -- make hard boiled eggs
nacho kit (local $ store had these) -- no cooking required
cans of fruit
Instant Breakfast
Oatmeal
Pancake Mix
Frozen Bacon
carrots/celery/raisins
frozen bagels

In Jan - we brought a small soft sided cooler with frozen butter, bacon, meatballs, cheese

How about those rice / pasta packages?
Frozen tortellini (serve with sauce or butter and parmesian)
grilled cheese
applesauce
hot dogs

We made tacos last time we were at WDW. Next time we'll probably do the same and also make spaghetti...

Tacos take meat, tomatoes, cheese, lettuce, shells, salsa...

Spaghetti takes a little of the ground meat, the salad you have with it will take the leftover lettuce, cheese and tomatoes. plus get a frozen loaf of garlic bread. Pick up some of those single serve salad dressings at grocery store salad bars.

If you also get some tortilla chips you'll also have good snacks with the left over salsa and cheese (spread chips on a plate, sprinkle with cheese and microwave until melted, top with salsa)

For the most part, we don't cook....after all, we are on vacation! :) But now that we're part of DVC and have a kitchen it does make a nice break from having to eat at the parks!

Hope this helps!
ohiominnie :p

Don't forget the BBQ grills! We plan on having a BBQ one night in July.

Quesadillas are easy to make...

Basics:
tortillas
cheese
salsa

Options:
refried beans
sour cream
jalapenos
guacamole

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter