• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Where are the magic bands online?

M1k1m0u$3

Earning My Ears
I'm just looking for some plain solid color magic bands for our trip in March. Do they do a weekly restock day on shopDisney because there's none. Worried about ordering from a 3rd party.

Are you ordering as part of a resort stay? If so, go to the "My Disney Experience" heading to access the drop down menu and select "magic bands and cards"

You can buy MBs when you get to Disney, if you don't find anything you like online. They can be found in the resort gift shops and at DS, if you want them before entering the park

Amazon has some.
ETA: Since you said you were nervous, they are sold from the Disney Parks "store" on Amazon. We ordered one from them and it worked fine.

I'd wait till you get there. Resort gift shops and various in-park shops have a wide variety.

There's also a shop in Disney Springs that sells pins and loads of MBs. Can't for the life of me recall the name of it. Probably repressing the memory as much of my money as it's gotten. :rolleyes1

The offerings online seem to be lacking lately. I'm wondering it they're reducing what;s available to gear up for the new magicband+ that's supposed to come sometime this year. I wish they would let us know when.

I was literally coming on here to ask same question... I am paying off my package and was going to buy my magic bands, and there are like 10 and most are for a given resort...very peculiar

Amazon has some.
ETA: Since you said you were nervous, they are sold from the Disney Parks "store" on Amazon. We ordered one from them and it worked fine.

the solids are $30+ on Amazon... are they usually that expensive? We're a family of 6 so thats a big chunk of change.

Yeah, they're around $12-$15 for the plain colored ones, I think. Amazon's prices on that sort of thing are ridiculous.

If you have old ones, they'll still work for most basic stuff like getting into your room. If less than 2 years, they should get the in-ride photos and videos, too.

There's always a good ol' Key To The World card for free if you'd rather save your money for fun stuff. We got a couple of 50th anniversary ones just for souvenirs but used ancient MBs for everything else.

Yeah, they're around $12-$15 for the plain colored ones, I think. Amazon's prices on that sort of thing are ridiculous.

If you have old ones, they'll still work for most basic stuff like getting into your room. If less than 2 years, they should get the in-ride photos and videos, too.

There's always a good ol' Key To The World card for free if you'd rather save your money for fun stuff. We got a couple of 50th anniversary ones just for souvenirs but used ancient MBs for everything else.

it's our first trip so I wanted to surprise the kids with them in their "road trip bags" I'm making for the drive down. Also thought they'd be useful for memory maker photos. Worried the kiddos will lose the cards (I'm think lanyards if I don't feel like paying for MB, but still, kids lose things). I'm still debating.

it's our first trip so I wanted to surprise the kids with them in their "road trip bags" I'm making for the drive down. Also thought they'd be useful for memory maker photos. Worried the kiddos will lose the cards (I'm think lanyards if I don't feel like paying for MB, but still, kids lose things). I'm still debating.
At least with the cards, every time the kids lose or forget it, you can just get another one from wherever you are at Disney! If there is a Five Below store near you, they have some Disney themed lanyards. I think Walmart does too, so that might still give you something fun for their bags. And keep checking ShopDisney because they do restock.
I used to do the road trip bags for my kids too. I miss those days. Now the youngest is 14, so they just stare at their phones and eat all of my snacks :D

The ones currently on the MDE list are very limited. The only solid color available today is magenta for $10 (if you have a package reserved). I'm a little irritated - I just had to buy magenta for my whole family because we didn't like any of the dozen other designs. We'll cover them with skins from another retailer, but I shouldn't have to buy magenta if I want blue or yellow. I can't tell if this is an intentional stock depletion prior to the new bands, or a supply chain issue.

But if they launch this new bands in the next week, I exoect the prices to exceed the $30-$35 prices currently on ShopDisney. I do NOT want to pay that, so I bought the magenta ones now. It would really be nice if they would just say when they plan to launch.

I can't tell if this is an intentional stock depletion prior to the new bands, or a supply chain issue.
Speculation is generally that it's a supply issue with the computer chips within the MBs, but no one who knows for sure has confirmed that.

Can someone please help. I am on the Magic Bands + Cards page and cannot see any link to purchase a new MB. Ours are over four years old, and I want to purchase plain colored bands to use for our March trip. We paint them and decorate them ourselves. Has anyone purchased a new MB today? Thanks!

Can someone please help. I am on the Magic Bands + Cards page and cannot see any link to purchase a new MB. Ours are over four years old, and I want to purchase plain colored bands to use for our March trip. We paint them and decorate them ourselves. Has anyone purchased a new MB today? Thanks!
Do you have a resort reservation? If not, you can't purchase through MDE. You purchase through Shop Disney at full price.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter