Where are the security checkpoints located for each of the parks?

barbaraann

Chicago Gal
I have not been to WDW for almost 4 years. I remember reading about security being moved. So it got me to wondering. I want to educate myself about as much as I can about the "lay of the land". The more I read, the more I realize that there are a lot of changes.

Security is just outside the entrance of DHS, Epcot, and DAK. For MK, it depends on how you arrive. If you arrive by bus from your resort, the security checkpoint is at the end of the bus arrival area. If you're coming on the monorail, security's located before you get on the monorail. I'm not sure how the boats work, but someone for sure will mention it.

And there's also a separate security for people walking in from the Contemporary I believe.

Personally, I wish they'd centralize the security a bit more at MK. I kind of understand why they spread it out, but the way it is now, even if you're just looking to hop between places via MK and not going into the park you still have to go through security in most cases. Going from a bus serviced resort to O'Hana at the Poly and want to take the monorail there, need to go through security. Going to FortW for the Hoop Dee Doo and want to take the boats, go through security. I'm all for security, and glad it's in place for the parks, but it seems silly to wait in line to go through security to exit the secured zone 20 feet away on a different transportation option.

I'm not sure how the boats work, but someone for sure will mention it.

For boats from the resorts, security is at the dock when you arrive at the MK.

For the big ferry between the TTC and MK, security is before you enter the TTC.

Security is just outside the entrance of DHS, Epcot, and DAK. For MK, it depends on how you arrive. If you arrive by bus from your resort, the security checkpoint is at the end of the bus arrival area. If you're coming on the monorail, security's located before you get on the monorail. I'm not sure how the boats work, but someone for sure will mention it.

Does this mean that if you just want to visit all of the monorail resorts, then every time you get back on the monorail, you must go through security again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter