Where are we, Jersey? Bye, Phoenicians! An August 2017 TR * NEW DINING/TR LINKS*

The Pirate Cruise looks like fun especially meeting Hook, Smee and Peter.
I love the new way Ricky was wearing his scarf :rotfl:

Congratulations on the new daughter.

img_7415-jpg.279503
what a great looking group

Pirates and Pals begins and leaves from the Contemporary; being at WL we were just a boat ride away. Check in was 7:45 so we left around 7 and arrived about 7:20.
Glad to hear how quick this is. We need to get from GF to FW for a sleigh ride how long do you think I need to plan to get there?

Speaking of my boys they would NOT get on line with me to meet them. I waited until almost everyone in the room had done their meets to see if they changed their minds, but sadly they did not.
Party poopers

LOL

Well, at the bathrooms here Patch said this is your last chance if you have to go and one person ran in - Chris.
Followed by Capt. Hook lol! It was so quick I couldn't get a picture but it was hysterical.
:lmao:

When we docked he gave beads to anyone who didn't get a prize and we didn't even have to lift up our shirts
:rotfl2:your hilarious

Between starting out at Epcot and doing 2 new to us activities, bowling and Pirates and Pals, we had a long day but also a really good one.
Sounds like it was a great day.

Happily Ever After :love:
Congrats, again!!! :goodvibes The look very happy!

Speaking of my boys they would NOT get on line with me to meet them.
What?! I'm shocked! ;)

Oh well, you win some you- whoops, wrong report!
:rotfl2:

Then I went out to use the bathroom and crossed paths with Ricky, who decided to wear his P&P bandanna somewhere other than his arm:
A bandanna, or a smile-hider? :laughing:

I've said before that I'm not a huge fan of HEA and prefer Wishes and it's still true even though I'm in the minority,
I'm with you completely.

You really had a jam-packed day, but sounds like a really good one! :thumbsup2

I love the new way Ricky was wearing his scarf
:laughing: He actually shocked me because I didn't expect to walk into the corridor and find him doing something humorous!

Congratulations on the new daughter.
:thanks:

what a great looking group
:thanks: again!! They all clean up nice lol

Glad to hear how quick this is. We need to get from GF to FW for a sleigh ride how long do you think I need to plan to get there?
Hmm, not long. Once a boat comes it's probably a 15ish minute ride? So it depends how long you end up waiting on a boat. The ones at WL come pretty frequently so I would assume the same at GF, but I'm not really familiar with the boats from there...............

Sounds like it was a great day.
It was :)

A bandanna, or a smile-hider? :laughing:
Ah, you may be on to something :scratchin

Aw, good :hug: I thought I was alone lol. It just hasn't wowed me yet. I'm willing to give HEA a couple more chances but I don't relish the idea of waiting in crowds for it. I didn't mind doing so for Wishes because I loved it so much. We won't be watching it next week but maybe when we go with the boys in March we'll try from inside MK

You really had a jam-packed day, but sounds like a really good one! :thumbsup2
Definitely! And if felt good to have a great day outside of the parks!

Happily Ever After :love:
Thanks for letting me share!
Beautiful pictures, congrats!

We were asked to wear or tie this somewhere on our person. Most people put it on their head which is what Steve did for awhile; I tied mine around my purse and the boys tied theirs around their wrists :confused3 Whatevs, at least they didn't complain about holding it!
Hey sometimes that's all you can ask for. :lmao:

Sorry for the not great picture, but it was a really cute backdrop they met against. I hate that this is the only way to meet Hook and Smee unless you catch them at Characterpalooza, but at least this is an option.
I agree, my boys loved them from Jake and the Neverland Pirates and I was so annoyed they have those characters, but you can't actually meet them.

Speaking of my boys they would NOT get on line with me to meet them. I waited until almost everyone in the room had done their meets to see if they changed their minds, but sadly they did not. Steve met them with me though but I had been hoping the boys would join in. Oh well, you win some you- whoops, wrong report!
That's a bummer, sorry they wouldn't meet them.

This cake was chocolate and they had also had a pineapple flavored one. So cute!
Pineapple cake, sign me up.

We stopped by the bathrooms by the snack bar out by the pool; as soon as we began lining up inside, the CM's and Patch made a big deal of reminding us there are NO bathrooms on the boat so to make sure we go. Well, at the bathrooms here Patch said this is your last chance if you have to go and one person ran in - Chris.
Followed by Capt. Hook lol! It was so quick I couldn't get a picture but it was hysterical. Finally we were loaded onto our boat. Not the best picture, sorry:
:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:I love that Hook trolled Chris

The castle looks blurry in my pictures but we did have a nice view of it. We noticed the colors changing and since we had clues from the music we could usually tell what the projections were, and we could make out the bigger ones like Wreck it Ralph if we REALLY looked close. I loved watching and listening from there (music is piped in). If you won't be happy not seeing the projections then you probably won't like this, or if you've never seen HEA it might not be the best choice for your first time. I've said before that I'm not a huge fan of HEA and prefer Wishes and it's still true even though I'm in the minority, but I did get a little better appreciation for the fireworks portion while watching this time. And seeing them from a new vantage point was awesome.
I think a lot of people don't like them especially compared to Wishes, I think I will be making the same judgement as you in just a few days time.

The boys did say they liked P&P overall, the snacks and seeing HEA from the water. They thought Patch was corny but fun and Steve and I agreed. I think it would be more fun with younger kids but I'm glad we did it and we had a really nice night.
It's great everyone could at least enjoy it for what it was. Better than having two pouty teenagers hating it the whole time, I definitely need to try this out, thanks for the review.

I can't wait :goodvibes we are having dinner one night at Citricos and then spending the day on the 7th eating and :drinking1at the F&W festival. I'm going to text you this week to see what your plans are :thumbsup2

I’m a jealous I’m going to miss all you guys by just a day or two :sad1:

Hope everyone had a fun Halloween! Ricky was with a bunch of the guys from his team, and other than wearing their shooting shirts they didn't dress up so no pictures to share. Chris went with a whole group of his school friends. He had me buy him a full on gorilla costume, which he then decided yesterday morning not to wear :rolleyes: So he ended up in his Jason hockey mask with a Hawaiian lei and a crazy spider looking hat that Ricky won from a school fundraiser in like, 1st grade. And that's Chris!

I thought that, since there's no way I'm finishing this or my dining report before Steve and I leave for our F&W trip Saturday, I'd do a little rundown of our plans for that trip! It's pretty unstructured so some of you who plan down to the minute might want to skip this part so you don't end up with agita lol.

Saturday, 11/4: flight leaves 3:00 and we'll get in around 6. This time Steve SWEARS we're taking a taxi and not waiting on ME since our last few experiences have been................long. We're also trying something new in that we're only planning on carry-on luggage :scared: For someone who brought 4 suitcases last Jan. for a 4 night trip, this will be challenging! (I haven't begun to pack yet so no idea if it'll work).
We are staying our first night at the Poly because I couldn't book anything under my TA rate, but that's fine by me! Last time we stayed here was on rented DVC points, and we were here:

IMG_3102.JPG

It was fine because it's right by the TTC, but far from the GCH. We'll see where we end up this time; I made no requests since it's only one night but I'm hoping we're a bit closer to the GCH. Our first order of business will be going to GS at MK to pick up my TA ticket and upgrading that to an AP :thumbsup2 And then back to the Poly to eat. Not sure if we'll do Capt. Cook's where I really want to try the pulled pork nachos, or go to Tambu Lounge and eat (drink) there. On our last stay we hung out at the bar for a bit and had these awesome apps, I'm too lazy to look up the name but -

IMG_3140 (1).JPG

Mmmm, meat on a stick with chimichurri sauce! We got like 4 of these....
Finally, something I'm really hoping will happen before we call it a night is that we'll be able to meet @buzzrelly and her BF Mike! They're staying at the Poly and will be chillin' before they run the big race the next morning :tiptoe: (I'm assuming they'll be running forward unless they drink a lot with us)

Sunday, 11/5: We are going to our first park pretty early so we can get on Steve's favorite ride with no wait since we don't have FP's here. Some of you know what his favorite ride is :rotfl2: but here's a hint for those of you who don't:

IMG_6425.JPG

It was way too hot in August for him to wear this shirt, but he's wearing it this time! I'm not sure how long we'll stay in MK but as usual, Steve HAS asked if I got any FP's for this. I did! Just not today. Actually all the FP's I made are only for him since I don't have my ticket yet. Usually when you pick up your TA ticket, GS will link you to your family's FP's so that's what I'm hoping for.
Once we're done in Mk we'll monorail to Epcot to begin experiencing the main reason for our trip-THIS!!!

IMG_7356.JPG

I've marked off everything I want to try and..............it's gonna take some time. No way will I get it all done today because 1. I'd explode and 2. around 4:30ish we'll be on the monorail again, going to Mizner's Lounge to meet up with @Jenny Sanders and her DH before their dinner at Citricos!
And what's a day with only 2 monorail rides? After they go to dinner we're going back to Epcot to catch either the 6:45 or 8:00 Eat to the Beat Concert with Living Colour:

livingcolour.jpg

I'm also thinking of maybe having a late dinner at Biergarten :scratchin It's been a few years since we've eaten there; we liked it, didn't love it, but I've read a few good reviews lately so my interest is piqued again. Plus I'm sure there'll be availability day of. We also will have checked out of the Poly and will move to CSR for the remainder of our stay, and since the day is kind of busy we most likely won't even get over there until we're done for the night. I didn't make requests there either but when we get there I'm going to ask for a refurbed room. Oh and I forgot to mention I have one FP booked-for FEA :rolleyes1 Yeah yeah I know, and I'm not even a Frozen fan. But I've only ridden it once and I kind of feel like doing it again. Steve isn't fond of Soarin' and we normally don't ride TT without the kids, so I figured what the hell.

Monday, 11/6: We'll wake up this morning and go to my formerly favorite park:

IMG_3184.JPG

That's a big instrument! I was looking for a picture of the theater but I can never find the pictures I want when I want them. Anyway, Steve has FP's here for RnRc and TOT, so hopefully I will, too. And hopefully we'll ride TOT more than once if the lines calm down. The last week or so apparently even the FP line has been around 45 minutes because only one elevator is working? *** people, get it together before I get there!
Not sure how long we'll stay here, either; if we're still around at noon we may try lunch at the Brown Derby Lounge. If we leave earlier, who knows what we'll do? MK, more F&W? Maybe even AK, which as of now I don't have plans to go to? Who knows, it's a crap shoot and I like it!
Wherever we go, we'll have to go back to CSR at some point and make ourselves pretty because at 5:35, WE will be eating dinner at Citricos with none other than the star of DISBoard dining reports herself, @kasoney!!!!!

IMG_2185.JPG

Aw, the first time we met :hug: Of course her DH Jason and adorable daughter Casey will be there, too! We've all been to Citricos before but while Steve and I absolutely love it, Kari and Jason have only found it "eh" so we're hoping to change their minds.

Tuesday, 11/7: our last park day :sad: We'll do another early morning at MK where I actually do have a 7DMT FP booked as well as one for BTMRR. Hopefully we'll only need the 7DMT one if we get there early. We'll say our good-bye's to the castle and go to Epcot, where we'll finish up as much eating and :drinking1:drinking1:drinking1:drinking1 at the F&W booths as we can with the totally awesome @kastoney and family again. And that's as tight as my plans are! We may go watch Fantasmic at night since we haven't seen that for awhile, or just stay at Epcot. Oh! How could I forget meeting up at some point during the trip with the gorgeous Su-Lynn and her DH Steve @chunkymonkey :cheer2::

IMG_6024.JPG

:D:D Not the FIRST time we met, but during the trip on WHICH we first met! We just have to nail down where we'll all be and when we'll be at the same place at the same time lol. Lucky them, they're already there!!

Wednesday, 11/8: Our flight leaves around 11:30 so we'll be departing CSR approx. 8:30 I assume. We'll probably get a quick breakfast at Pepper Market (most likely we'll have grabbed something there on another morning, too). And that's a wrap!

I'll definitely get back to respond to quotes and I'll try my best to do another update before we leave, and I'll also try to move faster on this and my dining report once we're back. It'll be early evening once we're home on the 8th and then Ricky's surgery is the 10th, so the first couple days back will be a bit hairy but then things should calm down. 'Night everyone!

Hi Ariane! Aww you’re too kind.
Haha it’s 1am after MNSSHP and i’m relaxing in the tub and just saw this post! Text me when you get to the poly we may be able to swing by from AK that evening. We have a late movie at DS but should be free in between looking forward to catching up with you and Steve and maybe meeting @buzzrelly too!

Btw it’s getting warmer although mornings and nights have been a little chilly. It’s actually really great weather and I hope it lasts, I.e. not August weather. See you all real soon!

LOVE the plans...how I remember fondly our adults-only trips to WDW, usually for the F&W Festival. Sounds like a fabulous trip!

Chris went with a whole group of his school friends. He had me buy him a full on gorilla costume, which he then decided yesterday morning not to wear :rolleyes: So he ended up in his Jason hockey mask with a Hawaiian lei and a crazy spider looking hat that Ricky won from a school fundraiser in like, 1st grade. And that's Chris!

:rotfl2:Love this kid. Mostly since I don't have to be his parent, I think! :laughing:

We're also trying something new in that we're only planning on carry-on luggage :scared:

You can do it!! It's so freeing to travel light! (I wouldn't recommend travelling as lightly as we did in May since we shared one small carry-on between the two of us. That's a little much. But each taking a carry-on for just a few days is totally doable!)

img_3140-1-jpg.281038

Mmmm, meat on a stick with chimichurri sauce! We got like 4 of these....

Oh yeah, I remember this!!

They're staying at the Poly and will be chillin' before they run the big race the next morning :tiptoe: (I'm assuming they'll be running forward unless they drink a lot with us)

:rotfl2:

Usually when you pick up your TA ticket, GS will link you to your family's FP's so that's what I'm hoping for.

Oh, that's cool! Makes sense. Hopefully they'll come through for you here.

Have an awesome trip!

Some of our day, Monday and Tuesday, may overlap depending on what you do, maybe I'll see you down there. Have a great trip!

Have a great trip! Enjoy dinner at Citricos so jealous and all your DIS meets :goodvibes
I do carry on for our 10 days trips you can do it :thumbsup2

Have fun say hi to all the great people you are meeting up with. The pulled pork nachos are delicious at Captain Cook’s. Enjoy your trip!

Haha it’s 1am after MNSSHP and i’m relaxing in the tub and just saw this post! Text me when you get to the poly we may be able to swing by from AK that evening. We have a late movie at DS but should be free in between looking forward to catching up with you and Steve and maybe meeting @buzzrelly too!
Awesome! You'll be hearing from me Saturday :thumbsup2

Btw it’s getting warmer although mornings and nights have been a little chilly. It’s actually really great weather and I hope it lasts, I.e. not August weather. See you all real soon!
Steve has been checking the weather and it looks good! Now to get some jeans in my small carry-on lol

LOVE the plans...how I remember fondly our adults-only trips to WDW, usually for the F&W Festival. Sounds like a fabulous trip!
Thanks! We haven't done F&W in 10 years so I'm super excited!

:rotfl2:Love this kid. Mostly since I don't have to be his parent, I think! :laughing:
Tonight while I'm in the kitchen and he's upstairs, he texts me a picture of his ankle saying his bone looks funny. I text back that it looks fine so he texts "Yup, you don't care". I love him, too :faint:

But each taking a carry-on for just a few days is totally doable!)
Maybe if I actually started packing I'd feel more confident!

Have an awesome trip!

Some of our day, Monday and Tuesday, may overlap depending on what you do, maybe I'll see you down there. Have a great trip!
Awesome! I'm going to PM you :)

I do carry on for our 10 days trips you can do it :thumbsup2
OK, I'll let you know if it works lol!

Have fun!

Can't wait to have drinks!!!!
Me neither :drinking1:drinking1

The pulled pork nachos are delicious at Captain Cook’s. Enjoy your trip!
Thanks so much!!!

I think a lot of people don't like them especially compared to Wishes, I think I will be making the same judgement as you in just a few days time.
Definitely want to know your feelings after you see HEA. Not that I want to "win", but I feel better every time someone else says they prefer Wishes :snooty:

I’m a jealous I’m going to miss all you guys by just a day or two :sad1:
:sad: One of these days it'll work!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter