Where are you going on vacation this year?

My husband said we are going to MN to visit with family. I hate sitting around talking and talking and talking about the same old stuff on my vacations. And my FIL sold his boat so I don't have fishing on a lake to look forward to now either.

But I can see his point - everyone is getting older and they can't travel much anymore so I'll have to suck it up and deal.

At this current moment we have nothing planned. We had to cancel our trip to Clearwater last week because my husband had to work due to the weather messing everything up. I'm kinda glad we did cancel because it was cold in FL last week.

I am not sure what I am going to replace that trip with? We are getting into my husbands busy season so if we do go anywhere it will be a long weekend somewhere.

Like a few of you, we will not be able to vacation much due to unexpected expenses....plumbing bill of $9,000 and having to buy a used car because someone totalled our car and hit and run ughh

Do love hearing your plans though.

Like a few of you, we will not be able to vacation much due to unexpected expenses....plumbing bill of $9,000 and having to buy a used car because someone totalled our car and hit and run ughh

Do love hearing your plans though.

Ouch! That is a huge plumbing bill!!

My husband said we are going to MN to visit with family. I hate sitting around talking and talking and talking about the same old stuff on my vacations. And my FIL sold his boat so I don't have fishing on a lake to look forward to now either.

But I can see his point - everyone is getting older and they can't travel much anymore so I'll have to suck it up and deal.
Is there anything interesting you can do in the area while you're there?

As a Bettis fan, you may or may not appreciate this story. Many years back, Lou Holtz was a speaker at a conference I attended. He told a story on Bettis. Apparently, he called Holtz after the Rams traded him as he was really down about his career. Holtz basically told him he couldn't make excuses for bad blocking, he just had to be a better runner. The following year, Bettis was in the pro bowl.

Of course Bettis did struggle in STL, but I'm not sure Holtz ever gave enough credit to just how awful the mid 90's Rams offensive line was :)

Thx for the story! :) ive told my son since Jerome was eligible, when he gets in we're going.
There arent too many players I would spend the time and money to see inducted. Ive met Jerome a few times and hes always gracious , humble and an all around great guy.

just got back from Vegas and desert areas around there for a week, will probably hit up Vegas again sometime this year but just for a long weekend.

Next up is Barcelona for a few days then a Western Med cruise.

D23 and DL in August.

WDW in November for 9 days.

May or may not go someplace for the thanksgiving weekend, probably Nashville or Branson. I'll wait until it's closer and see how the "vacation fun" is doing.

A week in Rome & Florence and a Mediterranean cruise. Taking two of the kids with us this year.

Beach & DC in July with my family. DD14 is going to Disney in June with her HS choir - she has already started packing! :rotfl:

At some point, we will also do a long weekend trip to MN to see DH's parents. Like PP mentioned, lots of sitting with family. I don't mind because I know the years are limited and his parents are awesome. MIL usually tries to find something fun for us to do while there. It's hard because FIL has trouble getting around.

DH & I were supposed to go away for 3D/2N while our younger two are both on trips but now he can't go. He started a new job and didn't negotiate his vacations (as I suggested, grrr) So I'm using that kid free time and money to have the kitchen floor replaced.

Please, please, please post a little trip report! We're hoping to do basically the same trip as my 16yo's high school graduation gift in 2017 and I would love to see pics and thoughts from someone else who specifically set out on a nerdy tour of the UK!
I'll blog about it, with lots of photos. I'll try to remember to send you a PM when that goes up. There are so many nerdy things to do, it was hard to narrow down--and the timing of the school break cut is off from any good con in the areas we can get to by about a week, sadly. Going for graduation you might be bale to get one in.

7 day cruise from Vancouver to Seward Alaska in June followed by 5 days in the Alaska interior.

We're hoping to go to a small town outside Winnipeg, Canada, so I can visit and meet my BF's family. I've met his parents, but no one else, because they live so far away. I'll also get to meet his friends from home, check out where he grew up, and also see the sites. I'd like to visit the new Canadian Museum of Human Rights while I'm there.

Cruise to Alaska in June
Western Carib. Cruise in July
We have seasonal campsite on Lake Erie so we will be going up there several weekends from May - Oct.
Trying to squeeze in a short getaway in April. I don't think the kids are getting much of a springbreak this year due to all of the missed school days.

3 weeks in England over the summer although also spending almost a week at Paris disneyland and Paris. I wanted to go to Ireland for the week but got outvoted. We go over every other year because I married a Brit and we visit family so we spend our time in Canterbury, Maidstone and London where his family is. Luckly I love them and their kids are similar ages to ours and we all like to go out and do things together.

Oh and a week at Ponte Vedra beach over spring break at a house right on the beach (right now I am sooooooooooo looking forward to this).

Long weekend in March in Las Cruces, NM. Not really a vacation since I'll be participating in (hiking) the Bataan Memorial Death March.

Girls' trip with my junior high/high school friends to Destin, Fl. in May to celebrate our 50th b-days.

London and the Cotswolds in July to surprise a friend for her 90th b-day. SO excited!

Hawaii in October.

Looking at a cruise out of LA in December with a couple of days at DLR added on.

We're currently planning our trip to California this summer. We've never been there so I'm excited to go! We're planning on San Diego, L.A. (Hollywood, Rodeo Drive, etc..) and a few days up in Monterrey.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter