• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Where are you staying and why?

aebeauregard

Mouseketeer
I asked this a few years ago and it was fun to see everybody’s choices and reasons why.

So which resort are you staying at for your next trip and why?

We are staying at FQ this May. It will be me,DH, DD(4) and DS(2). We wanted a smaller resort with a low key vibe when away from the parks. Also excited about the nice kid pool area and boat to Disney Springs. I dream of staying deluxe someday but the budget can’t quite handle it just yet.

3 nights at SSR- we have DVC points to use up and that's what had a studio available for the dates we're traveling
3 nights at Pop- we wanted to go for 6 nights, only had 3 nights worth of DVC points, and didn't want to spend a fortune. Also, I wanted DH to stay in a value because I think he'll be pleasantly surprised.

We have 1 night at BC but that's a long story and the short version is BCV is our "home" so we like to visit, and DH's work is comping it (that's an even longer story).

I asked this a few years ago and it was fun to see everybody’s choices and reasons why.

So which resort are you staying at for your next trip and why?

We are staying at FQ this May. It will be me,DH, DD(4) and DS(2). We wanted a smaller resort with a low key vibe when away from the parks. Also excited about the nice kid pool area and boat to Disney Springs. I dream of staying deluxe someday but the budget can’t quite handle it just yet.

You will LOVE FQ! I stayed there on my last trip and loved it. It was such a wonderful relaxing resort. Beautiful grounds and the smaller resort size was great too! We ended up going over to POR a few times while we were there and the walk was nice. You can swim at both pools. At the time I was there, they were working on the FQ pool so the POR pool was the one we used.

Right now, I am torn. I am thinking at FQ again for all the reasons I mentioned but I also like to try new resorts each time. Like the OP, my budget fits a value or a mod. I have only stayed at a mod, CBR, CSR and FQ, so I am not sure which resort I will end up in. I tell myself that I would be happy at a value but I love the feel of the more tropical lush landscaping at the mods for a more laid back relaxed feel from the vibe I think I would get from the values. The values look like fun themes for families with little ones and kids of various ages.

Wilderness Lodge - Girls trip. My first trip to Disney without my husband since I started dating him so I'm excited to do a girls trip again. My friend hasn't been to Disney since a little kid and Wilderness Lodge was the cheapest of the Deluxe hotels to choose from. Our main focus is Magic Kingdom so the location makes sense. Going this weekend really excited!

We are staying at Boulder Ridge Villas on DVC points for 3 nights because DH has always wanted to check out the resort. Then we'll be at the Contemporary in a club room for two nights -- a splurge for our anniversary.

In August we'll be staying at BLT on points in a theme-park view unit to celebrate my mom's 90th birthday. If she's not feeling up to visiting the MK, she'll enjoy watching the fireworks on the balcony.

CBR- this was supposed to be a cheap, quick trip with just me and 2 youngest, so we were booked at ASMu. Then DH wanted to join, which made airfare considerably more, but I could use points and fly free by moving a day earlier, so added a night at CBR. Then found out about cheer camps and DH has to work from room part of the day, so we've moved to CBR the whole time.

June is Yacht Club. Beach is our absolute favorite, but YC had a much better discount available.

CBR, because we stayed at POR last year and want to try a new resort and the new upgrades at CBR look great. We are a family of 5, so our only value options are family suites that price out quite a bit higher than the mods and the deluxe resorts that sleep 5 are too much $$$!

CBR next week because the friends we're staying with love the pool. I was interested in POFQ or POR, but they talked me into CBR since they love it so much.

Anyway, I have an RV, so normally we would be staying at FW for a long trip or ASMovies for a quick trip when we fly down. But I don't think I could handle 10 days in a value. And the RV is basically dead. So for the next several trips, I'll be trying out lots of new resorts.

CBR in April
BW in July
WLV in November
BLT in February

Port Orleans Riverside for our late October trip. We were offsite at Bonnet Creek, which I really enjoy, but got to talking with my husband and we thought we would go back onsite this trip. We like both for different reasons.
It’s costing a fair bit more to move onsite but we decided with the risning costs at Disney that we will be travelling to other places for awhile. It’s time to space out Disney trips with other destinations. So we are staying at our favourite mod to really enjoy this trip since it’s the last for awhile .

AOA because we want more room and bathrooms for a trip with myself, DH and 2 adult children. Our favorite is POFQ. We stayed at AsMO in December and loved it. Originally I had booked 2 rooms there, but the fact that we could not guarantee connecting rooms along with a great discount helped me switch to a suite at AOA. We are taking a bit of a break after this trip.

Last edited:
In May, CSR because it was the cheapest of the moderates at the time and we need two rooms, so moderate it is.

In September, BWI because it's a work convention for Dh so the room is paid for! WOOT! First time we'll be traveling without all of our kids!

My goal is for our next family trip to be split stay Wilderness Lodge and Poly.

We are at Polynesian in July and BC in November. BC is son's favorite, but we just stayed at BWI in February and BC in March, so we haven't done Polynesian since November....DD1 loves the kids splash area there. That's pretty much the only resort that both DS10 and DD1 will both play at together.....much easier yo keep up with them both. Hope everyone has a great trip!

Board Walk on rented DVC points. We've been going there for less than what we'd pay for a Mod, we enjoy the themeing, we can stroll to DHS and Epcot, handy as we go for F&W and the entertainment on the boards is icing on the cake.

Bill From PA

We try different resorts each trip. This time it's three nights at Pop because it looks fun and I know my kids will love it there, then five nights at AKL. I've always wanted to stay there and can't wait to have coffee watching animals from the balcony- seems so peaceful there!

We mix it up depending on our needs. This year we will do BC for NYE so that we can walk to and from Epcot (we tried the drive once and were stuck in the parking lot forever).

There are five of us normally, so that is also a factor - we are limited by the rooms that can hold all of us.

I have 3 trips planned this year:

May - 3 way split stay, with 2 nights GF, 2 nights AKL Kidani, 5 nights BWI. FQ is my go-to, but I couldn’t resist the AP discount. With SWGE coming, I think that it will be a long time before I have an opportunity to book Deluxe at 40% off again. So I’m splurging. I also played around with my reservation a LOT and at different points, had days booked at CBR, AKL non-dvc, WL, YC, CR, and POR. I also considered Universal for 1, 3 and then 2 days before deciding on Disney only. But my plan is finally set now. I think. Lol

August - 8 nights BWI. This is my birthday trip, so I booked my favorite Resort when Sun & Fun was available in the Summer. I was initially planning to play around with the reservation and possibly split the second half of the trip, but the only thing currently available is rack rate. So I’ll be keeping an eye out for an AP discount, but may just keep the reservation as is.

November/December - 5 nights POR, 5 nights FQ. I’m planning to arrive on Thanksgiving, so discount availability will be questionable. I’m booked rack rate for now and am ok with the cost. But I’ll be on the lookout for discounts and may change to either all POR or all FQ if either becomes available for a cheaper rate.

Money was our deciding factor.

We're staying at Port Orleans Riverside with free dining this summer. It was either there or CBR because we're traveling with my sister-in-law's family and they needed rooms to fit 5. We considered CBR because we've never stayed there before but stuck with POR because 1)We've stayed there and liked it and 2) I was unsure about the construction situation at CBR when we booked and I didn't want to risk it. Plus, we really love the boat to Disney Springs and the laid back feeling of the resort.

POR is one of my favorite mods with CSR being my favorite. We had originally booked a FD bounceback at the Yacht Club but decided to save some money and downgraded to POR when FD was released to the public. I'm OK with that because we're taking the money we saved and buying APs when we arrive, so maybe I can talk my husband into a few nights at YC/BC later.

where: Next year we are booked to stay at Boardwalk Inn with a boardwalk/water view room.

why: We normally stay in the Epcot area at Yacht/Beach. Last trip we did Polynesian and missed the Epcot area way too much.
So every time we would walk on the boardwalk I would always look up at those rooms and wished we could stay in one, so we saved/saving for 3 years and now we booked it! :)
I can't wait to be standing on the balcony of our boardwalk view with a glass of wine, just people watching and listening to the sounds.

:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter