Where are you staying on your next Disneyland Trip and Why?

Staying at Hojo this June because we love the beds, the gift shop, the pool and waterpark, the décor and landscaping, and how clean it is. Love Mimi's Café next door. A trip to Disneyland wouldn't be the same if we stayed somewhere else. My husband loves to get the little splits of Champagne in the gift shop!

Midnightred

I booked HoJo for the first week of August and have been doubting my decision for weeks now (we've never stayed there). Can you tell me if you think the walk is too far for younger kids?

So, we stayed at the Ramada Anaheim Maingate this past weekend and...I wasn't impressed. However, its location is really good for getting into the M&F garage, so I guess there's that.

We usually stay at the BWPPI but this time we're changing it up and giving the Tropicana a try. It's still a super short walk but was about $30CAD/night cheaper. With the low Canadian dollar we have to save where we can!! I know no free breakfast but it's just my 9yo daughter and I so we plan to just eat cheap in the room. We're hardly in the room except to sleep anyway so price and location were my top priorities.

We stayed two places this past week. Fairfield on harbor. On the plus side, the walk was really short and the room was recently remodeled with wood floors. On the negative side, crazy loud (thin walls and doors) and shockingly expensive for a crappy motel room. Also the "fold out sofa" is a fold out chair. Which would be doable to width of the bed is insanely small. My 11 year old could not roll from front to back without falling off. I would say it was half as wide as a twin.
After one night we moved to the Great Wolf Lodge. Its about 2 miles away and not walkable but uber to the drop off was 5 bucks each way (and gets you way closer than ANY hotel). Really liked it. We had a groupon and paid about 250 (including parking, taxes and a $50 a day resort credit). I wouldn't even remotely hesitate to stay there again and it definitely taught me that ubering from further away then the harbor blvd motels is so incredibly worth it. Never staying in walking distance again (unless I stay on site). There is just no reason to pay that premium when we can uber. Of course, we are a family of 4 who doesn't need car seats. The water park and the resort itself were also fun in and of themselves. We enjoyed it enough that we extended our vacation by a day so we could have a hotel day, which I have never done before in my life.

I booked HoJo for the first week of August and have been doubting my decision for weeks now (we've never stayed there). Can you tell me if you think the walk is too far for younger kids?

HOJO's is a pretty nice place. We've stayed there before and are staying there for a trip in July. I think the walk is fine, and it's not much compared to all the walking in the parks. It's a much bigger deal when you are walking back at night. Sometimes it is just nice to be across the street at one of those hotels like Desert Inn or Best Western. But in actuality HOJO is not that much farther. There used to be an ART stop outside the hotel. It was on the same route as we used staying at the Peacock. Nice thing for HOJO guests when going to parks is they are the last stop and it takes them directly to the parks. Bummer when going back to the hotel is they are still the last stop and so the ride back to the hotel would take longer than the walk.

How old are your kids? I stayed there in summer 2015 with my then 7yo and it was a bit of a slog at the end of the night, but he really enjoyed the water playground. We spent a couple hours each day playing there! If you have younger kids then maybe a stroller would be a good idea. The rooms there were very spacious and clean. The grounds are lovely.

How old are your kids? I stayed there in summer 2015 with my then 7yo and it was a bit of a slog at the end of the night, but he really enjoyed the water playground. We spent a couple hours each day playing there! If you have younger kids then maybe a stroller would be a good idea. The rooms there were very spacious and clean. The grounds are lovely.

The kids will be 5yo and 2yo (my grand kids actually). I picked it specifically for the water playground. I wanted to stay at DLH but I just cannot justify paying nearly triple just to be on site and how much time do you really spend at the hotel anyway. We will definitely bring a stroller.

Thank you for your response :)

I stayed at the Anaheim Majestic Garden last week, and with the military rate I would definitely stay there when we go in September with my parents. The military discount is the ONLY reason I would return, though. $99/night, plus free parking.

The hotel was great except for the room (the only part that really matters). We had a room that hadn't been renovated yet, and boy does it need it. Our last night there around midnight the AC stopped working! Just started to blow hot air and it went up to 80 degrees before I turned it off. Thankfully the windows open... Except there aren't any screens, so that let tiny flying bugs into the room. There were other minor things, too.

But, the shuttle was great and punctual, the staff was kind, and the happy hour appetizers at the bar were delicious. Also, they have beautiful grounds.

Last year we stayed at Grand Californian because someone else was paying and that's where they wanted to stay. :lovestruc This year we are staying at the Anaheim Hilton because it was cheap (< $100/night) for a holiday weekend but not a motel feeling. I would have loved to stay at Paradise Pier but that would have been over $1000 more and this is supposed to be a budget trip.

We're staying at either the Fairfield Inn or the Hojo. Fairfield because it's a little closer and has the sleeper chair, Hojo because I've heard good things about it and I think the kids would enjoy the water play area. The price is close enough to not make a difference.

I do have one question for anyone who may know. We will have a car and I know Fairfield charges for parking while Hojo is free. Big plus for Hojo. However, we are planning on a full park day on our check out day and want to leave the car parked at the hotel until we finish at the parks that evening. Does Hojo allow people to leave their cars parked after check-out? I know Fairfield does for an extra fee.

We always stay at the Anaheim Plaza. However, we always have to have one of the girls on the floor on in a chair. So this trip we are trying the BWPPI. It has room for 6 and has breakfast included as well. The rates at Anaheim have jumped more than I feel the place is worth(only 30 less than the BWPPI for this stay). We love to stay close. We don't want to leave the Disneyland atmosphere so we stay in walking distance. We have never stayed onsite. We do eat all meals onsite and we get there at(before) opening and stay til around 10pm each night so don't spend much time at the hotel except to sleep.

Next 2 already booked stays are at Grand Californian since the location can't be beat I go with the Gay Days convention which makes the price a lot easier to deal with. I may possibly add a summer visit and will probably stay at Hampton Inn for the free breakfast and the full kitchen or price out Park Vue.

I was looking into this for my October trip. How do they know if you are with the event or not? I'd like to book the Disneyland hotel under the convention price.

We'll be staying at the new Homewood Suites/convention center location. Have hilton points to use, and the regular hilton doesn't have any 2 room suites available which is a must for a 5 night trip. Hope it's as good as the tripadvisor rooms.

We are renting from Airbnb to save some serious $$$. We are stopping over on our way to Hawaii so we weren't really concerned with having great accommodations. Just a cheap place to sleep and shower!

We've been lucky to score great rates at the Grand Californian for our last 2 trips, and hoping to do the same for our next DL trip. As others have mentioned, the location can't be beat, and since our party has both small kid and senior members, being able to go downstairs and be steps from DCA, has worked well for us.

I was starting to waiver on whether to try somewhere else next time, but our walk back from viewing World of Color on our final night, while practically dragging both my tired kiddo and my even more tired mother, cemented the decision to stay with DGC if there's any kind of decent deal to be had.

I was looking into this for my October trip. How do they know if you are with the event or not? I'd like to book the Disneyland hotel under the convention price.
You book it through the convention's website. You'd first need to sign up for the website, then you can use their link to book the stay. One time it asked me specific questions (after booking) about if I was part of the convention and if I was participating in their events. It hasn't asked that the last couple times I booked through them. So, I don't know if it remembers me or if they quit asking the questions. I do think they will cancel your reservation if they find out that you are not with the convention, though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter