• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Where did all the 2010 trips go?

Bobo912

DIS Veteran
I was just looking at the ABD website and I see nothing but 2009 dates where the 2010 dates used to be. I'm sure this is a mistake, but wonder if it means they are about to make a change.

Well, the 2010 trips are back now. I don't see anything different.

well two things could have happened, could you have accidently clicked on the link for 2009 departures ( I doubt it but thought I would ask) or more likely the "wonderful" it department that disney as a whole has was messing with the site and messed it up.

well two things could have happened, could you have accidently clicked on the link for 2009 departures ( I doubt it but thought I would ask) or more likely the "wonderful" it department that disney as a whole has was messing with the site and messed it up.

First I clicked on the drops downs for each trip at the top of the page. Then I clicked on the links at the top of the page, brought up the list of trips in that category and then clicked on the specific trips. I closed the browser opened it back up, tried the same exercise again, still got 2009. It wasn't all the old 2009 trips - just the remaining ones. Cleared my cache, tried again and still got 2009. Then the 2010 trips just came back. I was wondering if they had raised any of the prices or made some other adjustments to the schedules, but there are only a couple of trips that I am familiar enough with to notice any difference, and they are the same. They had to be fooling with something. I was worried for a second there because of the discussion over on the cruise board about DCL suspending bookings on all of the Med cruises for August 2011. People who were already booked have been contacted and told they had to reschedule for another date. And when I brought up one of the ABD trips and saw 2 dates, my first thought was that they had cancelled all the rest, unitl I noticed they were for 2009.

First I clicked on the drops downs for each trip at the top of the page. Then I clicked on the links at the top of the page, brought up the list of trips in that category and then clicked on the specific trips. I closed the browser opened it back up, tried the same exercise again, still got 2009. It wasn't all the old 2009 trips - just the remaining ones. Cleared my cache, tried again and still got 2009. Then the 2010 trips just came back. I was wondering if they had raised any of the prices or made some other adjustments to the schedules, but there are only a couple of trips that I am familiar enough with to notice any difference, and they are the same. They had to be fooling with something. I was worried for a second there because of the discussion over on the cruise board about DCL suspending bookings on all of the Med cruises for August 2011. People who were already booked have been contacted and told they had to reschedule for another date. And when I brought up one of the ABD trips and saw 2 dates, my first thought was that they had cancelled all the rest, unitl I noticed they were for 2009.

Wow why did DCL suspend bookings?

I do think they've been messing with the site. Last time I looked at Knights & Lights, 2/3 of the trips were shown as Waitlisted. That's back to just 3 now. (Although I do notice that a BUNCH of Quest for the West trips are Waitlisted, still)

Perhaps the site just got caught up in whatever changes they were making for DCL. They are all related, if distantly.

That's bizarre about them suspending all Mediterranean cruises for August 2011. Wonder what that's about...

Sayhello

More than half of the Australia dates are wait listed, but it may have been that way already. I called ABD for a quotes on Tuesday. I asked about 2 trips, 4 different dates and was told they were all less than 50%. There is still a lot of time left to book, but we are quickly approaching the time when the cancellations started last year.

Hi,
There are quite a few sites that you can search that will likely show you great hotels at the best prices available. check out the website BookMe and you will be able to compare prices on all the reputable travel sites in just a couple minutes. it's very convenient and will save you a bunch of time and money. Also, make sure you buy them online... otherwise they charge much higher fees for phone orders. good luck.

Where do you think is the best destination to visit this 2010?

The answer to your question really depends on what interests you. All the ABD trips appear to be wonderful in their own way, but not all of them may appeal to everyone. For example, my wife has no interest in going to Asia, but that doesn't mean that the China trip isn't wonderful. If it wasn't, ABD wouldn't still be offering it. On a side note, I'd love to visit China, but there are others on my list ahead of that trip. I'm sure once you've reviewed all the trip itineraries, you'll narrow it down to about 10 - 12 that you really want to go on.:rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter