• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Where did your childhood scar come from?

One of my brothers apparently knocked me off the porch at the Boy Scout Hut when I was a toddler. Small scar on my cheek. Mostly went away.
At age 12, I was attacked by dogs and the bit my arm, leg, butt, and ear. I've got scars on all those places. They healed up ok, but still visible.
At age 14, we were working on a barbed wire fence (I grew up on a farm), and the roll of wire slid down the roller and cut my hand open, it was the morning of one of my brother's wedding, lol. You can still see that one.

This post made me think. :scratchin I had a car accident with a large cut on my head & forehead that required several stitches & a bad injury involving a diving board & concrete pool deck. The latter was pretty gruesome. I also had a few more minor injuries. None of them left a scar. After getting pregnant, everything seems to cause a scar. I even have a scar on my leg from a thorn that took a little squeezing to get out, when I was pregnant.

Big one on my left temple. My dad and I wrestling. He was toughening me up... his watch got me good. Lol.

Most of mine are from my older brother, who ended up being about 14" taller than me. No, I am not that short. He's just really big. Anyhow, the first one he gave me has since faded, he tried to crucify me after he heard the story of Jesus. I was maybe 3? He would have been 6. Thankfully he only got one nail in my hand it was in the webby, fleshy area between my thumb and first finger because I was fighting him back like a feral cat when I saw him pull out the hammer and nails and try to pin me against the old wooden garage. My grandma lived on the other side of our duplex and heard my screams and saved me. On my other hand I'm missing two knuckles from where he tried to kick me in the head (again, I'm much shorter than him) and I blocked the kick with my hand and he shattered my hand. I was 13, he was 16. I remember looking at my mangled palm, which instead of being flat was bent in half like a book. My fingers were all crooked and turning purple. My Mom was out of town on a religious retreat and my Dad had gone to the store so I had to wait for him to get back. My Brother was satisfied he had hurt me enough and went to take a shower. I'll never forget when my Dad came home and saw my hand, I saw his chimp strength come out in full fury that day. My Dad is a pretty chill guy but he knocked down a solid wood bathroom door and beat the hell out of my brother, even though my brother was easily 5" taller than him. You do not mess with angry Dad chimp strength when someone has hurt their daughter. My dad worked in factories and had manual labor jobs his whole life, he's always been very strong. Anyhow, we went to the hospital my Mom worked at but since she wasn't with me I ended up not getting great care. The bones didn't set right and I am "missing" my ring and pinkie knuckles on my right hand when I make a fist. My hand works alright though, just hurts a little with the weather.

When DH and I first got married we lived in a tiny apartment that didn’t have central air, only window units. I was getting ready to go to a bachelorette party in July and I didn’t want to do my hair in the bathroom because it was too hot in there and I was starting to sweat. So I grabbed my hair straightener flat iron and plugged it in near the AC unit in my bedroom, left it on the hardwood floor with the heat all the way up to 400°. While it was heating up I went to grab my makeup bag and when I walked back in the room, I somehow stepped INTO the flat iron. Got burnt on both the top and bottom of my foot. Fortunately the bottom of my foot was a first degree burn and I could still walk on it. The top of my foot got a 1 inch wide, five inches long second-degree burn that blistered immediately. Thought a few times about going to the hospital but went to the bachelorette party instead and self-medicated with a lot of booze. The burn took months to heal but the scar isn’t too noticeable. A few years later, DD was a toddler and while I was straightening my hair she reached up and burnt one of her fingers on the iron. DH decided enough was enough and threw the darn thing away! I wear my hair wavy now 😂

I had to post this one about my husband. When he was middle school he got sucker punched after a football game in the Pizza Inn parking lot over a girl. He had braces at the time and cut his lip fairly bad so he had to get stitches. A few weeks later his uncle came over to the house....he is a cardiologist. He told my DH the stitches could come out and he could take them out for him. Needless to say my DH is very squeamish. He went in the bathroom to look at the scar; passed out at the sight and hit his head on the cabinet. He had to go to the doctor to get more stitches; this time over his eye!!:rotfl2:I love that story.

I have two. One on my head where I fell and hit my head on a large jug when I was about 4 or 5.
The other is on the side my right leg above my knee. I was running past the corner of our back patio where there was a bucket with strips of metal siding sticking out of it. I got too close.
I don't think I still have the scar on the bottom of my foot from stepping on a rusty nail (also on our back patio).
This does not include the scar from my cleft lip I was born with.

When I was about seventeen I was learning to ride a bike (Hey, I have no kinesthetic sense, cannot balance, and was in the special P.E. classes for it). I was doing well, following the bike path, piece of hair got in my face, took one hand off to move it and went right over the path down a ten foot hill. To this day we have no idea what part of the bike cut me and stop reading now if you are squeamish but there was a chunk of flesh the size of a slug cut out of the inside groove of my left foot. You could see the bone and I could make my foot 'talk' like a puppet, which I did because my reaction to terror is stand up comedy. My boyfriend went to get help, found a payphone and called his mom, who picked us up, then called my mom who screamed at me for two hours about what this would cost... so I poured antibacterial on it and I taped it up. Literally tape. It healed, and I'm fine but I have a big shiny line there and if it's going to storm I swear I can feel a weird pressure in my foot.

I still can't ride a bike well and have to relearn anytime I try.

I have many...

-- A big one on my toe from riding my tricycle barefoot.
-- A big one in my eyebrow from wiping out on my bike while riding on a gravel trail. (That one probably should have had stitches, but didn't.)
-- A dent in my knee from falling off the playground equipment (which was on a concrete parking lot) in first grade. I landed on a rock on the concrete which created a puncture wound.
-- A scar on my finger from trying to hand-feed nuts to a squirrel (there was discussion about rabies shots with that, but I didn't end up having to get those, thank goodness.)

These aren't too noticeable unless I get pretty tan in the summer (which I rarely do):
-- A long one up my arm from trying to hold onto a cat who no longer wished to be held.
-- Several chicken pox scars
-- A spot on my thigh that was a burn created by dripping hot glue from a hot glue gun onto my leg. Boy, did that hurt!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter