Where do large families stay?

dutton

Mouseketeer
My husband and I have 4 children. We can't really afford Disney's home away from home resorts. Two rooms at all stars would probably be what we could afford. However, I was wondering what other large families have had the best luck with. We have decided that since we can't afford monorail accommodations, then staying on site may not be a priority especially with no ee mornings. Thanks for any input!

I guess it depends on the age of your kids. We have 4 also, but they will be 1, 3, 6, and 10 when we go at the end of January, and we can still fit in a room at the Poly. Monorail is the way to go when you have kids this age!! I'm not sure what we will do when the youngest hits 3... probably try for the suite at Shades of Green, or maybe we'll be DVC members and get a Boardwalk Villa.

Karen

There are some great hotels off property, Lake Buena Vista. They have kids suites, next trip I am going to definitely look into these! The price alone is worth a second look!

We rented a 3 bedroom home about 10 minutes from DW for $100 a night on one of our trips. It was clean, private, very nice, but no housekeeping. It may be worth looking into. Otherwise we've stayed at the cabins at FW. They can be expensive unless you can get a discount, but we always factor in the fact that we eat every breakfast and some dinners in the cabin.

You can see what prices you can get on the Fort Wilderness Cabins on site. They sleep 6. You can rent a private house with a pool for about $100 per night for a 3 bedroom.

We have a 27 year old (+ fiancee), 25, 23, 28, 5, and 3, and have tried everything. The best bar far was renting the vacation home. We're leaving on January 4, and have rented a 5 bedroom complete with pool heat for $100 a night. The 10 minute drive to Disney is more than made up for by the freedom at the house.

I haven't stayed there but I have heard it's nice. It includes breakfast and they have two bedroom units (also two bathrooms!).

I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND SUMMERFIELD SUITES. A TWO BEDROOM RUNS ANYWHERE FROM 99 AND UP. THEY ALSO HAVE A GREAT CONTINENTAL BREAKFAST THAT CAN BE BROUGHT BACK TO ROOM AND REHEATED LATER. tHEY HAVE A FULL SIZE KITCHEN AND THE SOFA MAKES TO A BED. NOT TO MENTION TWO BATHS AND A VCR IN THE LIVINGROOM.CAN LOK THEM UP BY ADDING .COM :jester:

We had stayed on-property 3 times, and then my sister and her family decided to join us last year. I searched the internet to find a vacation home. We stayed at a 4 bedroom home with a pool and jacuzzi right behind Splended China- it's off of 192 (I think that is the right road). It was WONDERFUL!!!! It was great going home after a busy day in the parks. It was literally a 5 minute drive to all of the parks. The place was clean and bright, it had videos for the kids, dress up clothes, the kids' bedrooms were decorated in Mickey and Minnie, there was a shopping plaza close by- I think the grocery store was Goodings- it was expensive, though. THere was also an Outback and Dairy Queen, too. If anyone would like the web site for the home, please email me. The owners were extremely nice- We exchanged several emails and talked on the phone once. The most people that we had in the house at one time was 9, and we didn't feel the least bit crowded. I would use this hose again in a heartbeat!!

We have 3 kids and are considered a big family (when did that happen?) Anyway, the least we can go with is either 2 rooms at the AS or a room at the POR. If we can afford POR trip after next that is where we will stay. We are at AS this time as my parents are going as well so we technically "fit" in the AS.

I've been told that we can only have 4 in a AS room for fire code reasons? Seems odd to me as I can stay at Motel 6 with 5 (not that I would) Our youngest still sleeps in our bed and our dd's sleep together also. So even if we had the extra bed it wouldn't get used <sigh> I wish when they had built Pop Century they would have kept in mind larger families. I understand those are going to be 4 person max rooms as well. :(

:earsgirl:
30 more days to WDW!!!!!

We rented a vacation home that was less than 10 min from the WDW main gate. It was a 3br w/pool and jacuzzi for $765. It was great!!

Only bummer, no housekeeping. Oh well, we just didn't make the beds! LOL!

We rented a vacation home that was less than 10 min from the WDW main gate. It was a 3br w/pool and jacuzzi for $765. It was great!!

Only bummer, no housekeeping. Oh well, we just didn't make the beds! LOL!

If you have any little kids who need strollers, staying onsite has a big bonus you won't get offsite. The Disney transportation is, in my opinion, much more valuable for those with strollers. Yes, you do have to fold the stroller up to take it in the bus, but if you park in a big parking lot, you have to hang onto it while you ride in the tram, and that's even harder. Plus, it's hard to hang onto your kids in the evening when they're tired and the parking lot has a lot of traffic. If you stay at the All Stars, the bus stop is close to the park gates and a lot less hassle.

We too have four children. And it can be difficult to afford onsite lodging. But once we stayed onsite one year (when our family was smaller.) I just can't stay anywhere else. In 2000 we stayed at the Widerness Lodge in a JR. Suite. It was great! although it cost us about 400.00 per night. My youngest is till under 3 so this time we are staying in a regular room at the Contemporary. I don't know what we will do after that.

get info on the campground, i know you can rent the cabins and they may have some rv rentals too. i dont know for sure but fort wilderness is the best campground in the world...if your not into that kind of thing check the budget boards , theres always a deal with some condo, if you know any dvc members see if they can help you out...

Sounds really awesome. For about 120-160 a night you get a two bedroom suite with a private decorated kids room with bunk beds, a room for yourselves, and a medium size living room with a pull out sofa. You also get a mini fridge and microwave, huge free breakfast buffet for free every morning and the kids eat free with a paying adult all day. It looks really nice, you should check out the website.

You can check the DVC rent trade board to find out about renting points from a DVC member. They usually go for $10/point but can sometimes be found for less. A 2 bedroom villa has a full kitchen and washer/dryer in it. You can send me a PM if you would like any additional info.

Lori

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter