Where do you buy your WDW tickets?

Colgal77

Mouseketeer
About to buy our tickets for our upcoming 2019 WDW vacation. Where is the best place to buy the tickets? I was going to just purchase them on the WDW website but then was wondering if there is a better place to do so, or somewhere in CAN$? Looking to 5 and 6 day base tickets.

If you have a CAA membership, check them out. I got a small discount by going through them. Someone else in another location didn't, however, so it might depend on where you are. Still, it's worth a phone call to price it out and then you can decide.

About to buy our tickets for our upcoming 2019 WDW vacation. Where is the best place to buy the tickets? I was going to just purchase them on the WDW website but then was wondering if there is a better place to do so, or somewhere in CAN$? Looking to 5 and 6 day base tickets.
If your trip is before September 27th your best bet is to buy the current Canadian discounted tickets. You can buy them online thru Disney OR some CAA offices sell them as well -- I say some because i only know for sure that the ones in SW Ontario have them and the products aren't consistent across the country. They are priced in USD funds but you will pay in CDN (the exchange charged of course) and if you use a credit card, no foreign transaction fee added.

If your trip is before September 27th your best bet is to buy the current Canadian discounted tickets. You can buy them online thru Disney OR some CAA offices sell them as well -- I say some because i only know for sure that the ones in SW Ontario have them and the products aren't consistent across the country. They are priced in USD funds but you will pay in CDN (the exchange charged of course) and if you use a credit card, no foreign transaction fee added.

Good to know... I am just down the road from you in K-W! Will check out the CAA nearby. I dont think my credit card company charges a foreign transaction fee (but I could be wrong).

Good to know... I am just down the road from you in K-W! Will check out the CAA nearby. I dont think my credit card company charges a foreign transaction fee (but I could be wrong).
I don't think there are any credit cards left that don't charge that extra -- and it can be quite hefty I *think* the last time Mastercard quoted me over 3%

So you'll pay the cost you see online + the exchange rate from the close of the previous business day in CDN funds. It won't show up on your credit card as anything other than the bottom line.

We always just buy them direct from Disney with our package.

I don't think there are any credit cards left that don't charge that extra -- and it can be quite hefty I *think* the last time Mastercard quoted me over 3%

So you'll pay the cost you see online + the exchange rate from the close of the previous business day in CDN funds. It won't show up on your credit card as anything other than the bottom line.
Hmmm.... I had no idea. I will call PC and see what the deal is. Thanks!

Hmmm.... I had no idea. I will call PC and see what the deal is. Thanks!

A quick google search says 2.5% for PC.

We buy pretty much all our WDW tickets from Undercover Tourist https://www.undercovertourist.com/

They are safe, fast, ship free to Canada. The prices you see on the website are all inclusive (taxes too), keep it in mind when comparison shopping.

Note that almost all cards do charge a 2.5%ish rate on foreign exchange. Also note that all major banks charge a 2.5%ish rate at the counter on foreign exchange. In most circumstances it is really a wash; they'll get you one way or another. We use the Rogers card for US shopping, it charges a 2.5% exchange, but offers a whopping 4% credit back that offsets that rate plus more.

We buy pretty much all our WDW tickets from Undercover Tourist https://www.undercovertourist.com/

They are safe, fast, ship free to Canada. The prices you see on the website are all inclusive (taxes too), keep it in mind when comparison shopping.

Note that almost all cards do charge a 2.5%ish rate on foreign exchange. Also note that all major banks charge a 2.5%ish rate at the counter on foreign exchange. In most circumstances it is really a wash; they'll get you one way or another. We use the Rogers card for US shopping, it charges a 2.5% exchange, but offers a whopping 4% credit back that offsets that rate plus more.

I took a look but couldnt find the Canadian promo tickets. Cheaper on Disney website.

Hi
Try here

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/en_CA/special-offers/multi-day-tickets/?ef_id=EAIaIQobChMI-sD10IjB3gIVEz0MCh3FwgntEAAYASAAEgKACPD_BwE:G:s&s_kwcid=AL!5070!3!291115621902!b!!g!!+disney+world +tickets&CMP=KNC-FY19_WDW_TRA_CAN_WCAN_TKT_TCKC_ENG-Lang-ENG-Key-TOPKEYS-BMM|BR|G|4191801.CN.AM.01.06|NA_NA_NA_NA_NA&keyword_id=aud-300113739056:kwd-48445392887|dc|+disney+world +tickets|

There are block out dates
Tickets may be purchased online or over the phone from August 29, 2018 through March 15, 2019 for usage through September 27, 2019. Blockout dates of December 24, 2018 through January 1, 2019 apply.

I usually pick mine up via Airmiles Dream rewards.
5 day Adult is currently 4500 airmiles.
5 day child is currently 4200 airmiles.
Valid for arrivals through September 27, 2019. Blackout dates of December 24, 2018 through January 1, 2019 apply.

We have also used Undercover Tourist.(good service).
We often buy U/O tickets here.
https://www.undercovertourist.com/o...MIiL_OgYvB3gIVbbftCh1ehwl6EAAYASABEgIOLPD_BwE

I know a few people here on this Forum have bought from
Mapleleaf Tickets
https://www.mapleleaftickets.com/

I linked my Petro Canada card with my CAA card a few years ago.
I can then redeem points for CAA dollars and buy tickets at CAA.
This works for me as sometimes I am only looking for single one day tickets.

Regards
Mel

Last edited:
I bought our tickets through expedia in CAN$. Posted in another thread if anyone is interested :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter