Where do you get cute but not "too cute" outfits for 9 yr olds?

AngieInOH

DIS Veteran
I've signed my girls up for BBB. They've already indicated they do not want to wear the princess dresses this time but one has mentioned she'd like to do an Aerial Themed outfit.

Where do you go to find your great Disney outfits?

It was a few years ago so I'm not sure if these skirts are still popular though I still see them. Here is my daughter at 10. I actually pieced this together from a couple of different places. Skirt is from Etsy, tank and vest maybe Children's Place. Sandals were from Payless.

So if you have time Etsy is a good source because they have skirts like this that are Disney themed. Children's Place carries nice shirts as well as of course the Disney store. JC Penney would also be a good source.

1044355_10200912984901060_922918242_n.jpg

Justice (the chain clothing store) had some mermaid t-shirts and a gorgeous mermaid swimsuit earlier this summer. I admit, we haven't been in recently, but hopefully they still have some of it.

It was a few years ago so I'm not sure if these skirts are still popular though I still see them. Here is my daughter at 10. I actually pieced this together from a couple of different places. Skirt is from Etsy, tank and vest maybe Children's Place. Sandals were from Payless.

So if you have time Etsy is a good source because they have skirts like this that are Disney themed. Children's Place carries nice shirts as well as of course the Disney store. JC Penney would also be a good source.

View attachment 339280

Love that skirt! Too adorable.princess:

My daughter was almost 7 when we went and she did not want to wear a princess dress. I had a friend of mine make this shirt and the skirt came with the package we purchased
full

Gap sells Disney clothes. You could get one of their cute Ariel tops and shorts if that is what she wants. You might also look into the Pirate's League packages for a change.

Kohl's Disney Jumping Bean brand has a bunch of cute Ariel themed outfits this season.

My girls are out if the jumping bean sized. But your right they have some really cute Disney shirts!

Target has had a lot of really great Disney stuff lately, they have the signature summer Mickey line out but I know for sure that there's lots of cute princess t-shirts in their stores as well.

Following this thread. I can't believe my girl isn't interested in the princesses anymore. She, too, has agreed to the BBB, but will not be tolerating any princess dresses.

When my DD was 8, she wore a black sparkly dress that made her feel like a princess, even though she wasn't dressed like Ariel or Cinderella. In your DD's case, I would go the "DisBounding" route and find a cute skirt (maybe a "metallic" one - they look oceany to me) and top in Ariel's colors. I could see a skirt like this one being a great start for feeling mermaid-like: https://www.shopjustice.com/metaliic-ombre-skirt/prd-9130144#color/619

DD9 has gotten into the Disney Descendants clothes now. They seem to be gear towards not so "girly" and a bit little edgy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter