• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Where do you get mp3 downloads?

greggypetty

Earning My Ears
I was wondering where everyone got their downloads. There are tons of sites out there, and I know that pretty much all of us download stuff. I get mp3 downloads from eMusic. Where do you get your music? Oh, and I think that Itunes is HORRIBLE! Sorry, just felt like adding that. You don't own any of the music you "buy". There are so many restriction things.

I would be careful with this thread, downloading music is illegal, and you wouldn't want anyone to get in trouble.

I usually buy the actual album at best buy. If I don't do that then I use iTunes.

I usually just buy the CD then burn it onto my itunes.
If I just want one song I buy it on itunes unless the artist is giving away free songs on their website or whatever.
I can't bring myself to "download" music for free unless the artist puts it up.

Used to download illegally, haven't in a looong time.

I stick with iTunes. Its a PITA, I agree, but I'm good with it.

I buy music on iTunes. If I don't get it from there, I get it from friends.

iTunes or friends. I don't like limewire, I just feel bad; like it's ripping the artist off.
Actually, it is ripping the artist off.
Agreed, iTunes is mucho expensive, but whatever.

iTunes or friends. I don't like limewire, I just feel bad; like it's ripping the artist off.
Actually, it is ripping the artist off.
Agreed, iTunes is mucho expensive, but whatever.

I usually just buy the CD.
But if it's just one song I want, I'll get it off iTunes.
Sometimes my friends send me some music, too.

Depending on the artists I'll either:
a)Get it off amazon/play.com or
b)download it off the band's website (alot of band's I like release their stuff for free).
but I mostly buy CD's (the music and the packaging are a complete whole for me (esp. considering alot of artists I like put as much effort into a booklet as they do the music (like Sopor Aeternus' "Les Fleurs Du Mal", 2 booklets, one 12 pages and the other 38 page)).

I used to download illegally, but haven't in a long time. I use iTunes now, it's my friend. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter