Where do you plug in your ECV to charge in the park?

bcinohio

DIS Veteran
This is all new to us. I have talked my mom (73) into getting a ECV for our Dec trip. I have called and reserved one. they told me the battery last about 6hrs of use. They said to take the cord with us in the park and if we could plug it up for 15-20 mins that it would make the battery last longer. My question is where are good places to plug them up? Does anyone know of good places in each park that you have used in the past that we should look for? I know this is a crazy question but just trying to plan ahead.

thanks for any help.

The past 3 times I've gone I've used a ECV, once I rented from Buena Vista Scooters and twice from Apple Scooters, and none of those did I need to plug in while at the park. I always just plugged it in overnight in the room and the battery lasted all day long. So I honestly don't know where to plug in at. I do know there are plug in's around the tangled bathrooms in Magic Kingdom if you are lucky enough to snag some, other than that I haven't really looked for any.

I am surprised at the 6 hour battery life. We never had to plug in during the day when we rented my sister an EVC. We charged over night and then again the next night. If we did go back to the room and took the EVC to the room then we sometimes changed in the afternoon, but not every day.

I have heard of people plugging in shops or near the lockers in the parks and even asking in guest services.

Before I bought my own, I always rented. I never had to plug mine in during the time in the parks. I would be renting another ECV.

It is good to hear that no one had to plug them in in the parks. We usually go for rope drop and are there all day. Maybe I'm just worried about nothing. Hopefully it will work out. It took a lot to convince my mom to get one so i'm hoping for the best.

thanks

It is good to hear that no one had to plug them in in the parks. We usually go for rope drop and are there all day. Maybe I'm just worried about nothing. Hopefully it will work out. It took a lot to convince my mom to get one so i'm hoping for the best.

thanks

Just keep an eye on the battery indicator and take your plugin with you so if you need to you can plug it in and not be "dead in the water" without it. But chances are after the first day and you are comfortable with how it is running you may find you don't even take the charger with you anymore.

If you do need to plug in you can ask a CM where a plug is. Also remember to turn it off when not using it so for show for when eating when taking a break. As other said bring it the first day and see how things go. I believe going up hill uses the batteries faster. So parks like EPCOT if you are going in and out of the land pavilion might use more batterie

Guest Relations or the First Aid station is your best bet. While there are outlets throughout the park, you won't be in the way while you charge. The bonus is, both are air conditioned! The only location I know at Disney Springs is Guest Relations (when I last asked). If you have dining reservations, they may be able to plug you in while you dine. This varies by restaurant, but you can certainly ask. There is alot more information in the DISabilities thread on this site. Everything you ever wanted to know and more.

not sure of GR or first would be a good place both are busy places and some do not have a lot of extra room the first aid at holly wood only has 3 beds for guest that need to lie down and there really is just enough room for 1 person to sit with the person that need to lie down.

there really are other places to plug something in around the park if you ask a CM they could point you in the right direction

some places I have seen bathroom by space ( the way the ECV was there was plenty of room to get in and out of )

innovation at EPCOT

I think I remember seeing some one plug an ECV by the bathroom by TSMM not in them but by them

AK not sure where I do not spend that much time here

Conserving battery life will be important. When doing a show, fireworks, or a parade make sure the scooter is turned off. Your mom may not remember to shut it off.

Also, weight capacity is a key factor with battery power. If you are light in weight the scooter battery will last longer. You may want to check your mom's weight with the limits of the scooter. Don't add a lot of stuff to her scooter basket to weigh it down even more so.

You can get a portable rental scooter with two batteries, the Pride Victory model is one choice. This model is sturdier and heavier than the go go scooters, but it's still a manageable scooter.

Make sure you charge the battery every night.

You should take your charger to the park. There are outlets usually located near restrooms, whether outside or inside ones. You can give your battery a boost when you are eating. Watching the battery indicator is important, too.

There is a manual override to allow you to move a scooter manually if this becomes necessary. This is usually located in the the back and it's a lever.

Last edited:
Turn of the key whenever you wait, even for moments, and you typically do not run out of juice on the park.

thanks
At Epcot we charged our ECV at guest services right before the fireworks late at night. We had the rented ECV in the car the night before, and didn't charge it in the room.
Usually a full charge the night before will last the whole day.

Also look for outlets on columns or on the floor. Bring a "3 prong to 2 prong adapter," that you can use as a prong extender if a floor outlet is recessed too far for the plug to reach down.

Use a coin to help unscrew a cover over a floor outlet.

I've rented from Apple and, even being 100 lbs overweight at the time (have since lost it,) I've never run out of power at a park. As a party of all adults, we tend to spend 12 hour days at the parks without a problem. Just plug it in to charge up in your room overnight.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter