• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Where do you put the clothes you have been wearing throughout the day when you go to bed?

Three places:
— underwear in wash basket and any clothes that are dirty.

— clothes like jeans or clothes I will research the next day on the foot board of the bed

— have my work out clothes hanging on the outside of closet door. I just use them for walking in the morning. Sometimes just to dry there before throwing them in the wash.

My husband does the same , no clothes on the floor.

underwear, socks and tee shirts to hamper, for laundry. Jeans / shorts, sweatshirts if worn with a tee under, folded and put away or hung up, if not dirty, so they can be worn again, unless they are dirty then to the hamper as well.

Last edited:

When I go to bed, I'm not wearing the clothes I wore all day any more. Once evening arrives, I change out of my work clothes into my home clothes which is drop the shorts and change into a shirt I wear only at home in the house. It gets tossed on the washing machine until tomorrow evening, which is in the bathroom.

Work clothes, shorts if not ready for the wash go on the dryer and anything else in a hamper. I should just toss them in the washer as I change, but I don't sort and have a particular way to load for balance. Can't balance the load of heavier stuff together on the bottom if it's half full with everything.

Sweaty clothes from work or from riding the bicycle after work will get draped over the edge of the "hamper" (it's just a laundry basket) and not just thrown in the pile wet with sweat.

My kids used to leave their clothes on the floor in opposition to my repeated requests for them to put them in the hamper, in their rooms mind you. So one day they came home and all of the clothes left on the floor where burned in our wood furnace. Some of which they bought for themselves. I refused to replace them and guess what? They never left any clothes on the floor again. Sometimes hard lessons are the easiest learned.

Last edited:

Dirty clothes in the hamper. I have two command hooks over by the door for things that can be re-worn and my bathrobe. Some gets left on top of the puppy's kennel if it's not easily hangable.

My kids used to leave their clothes on the floor in opposition to my repeated requests for them to put them in the hamper, in their rooms mind you. So one day they came home and all of the clothes left on the floor where burned in our wood furnace. Some of which they bought for themselves. I refused to replace them and guess what? They never left any clothes on the floor again. Sometimes hard lessons are the easiest learned.
Did that with toys. Mom could never wrangle the toys in that were left all over. I was home, told the kids once to come clean up the toys now. 3 hours later when they came out, they found all their toys in the garbage.

They did get them back, but the next time I told them they needed to clean up the toys, they didn't need told twice.

Now clothes, it was me. Get a shower at 5 am in the morning and wife complained that I left the clothes on the bathroom floor (very small bathroom, very small house.) So I did what she wanted me to do. I walked into the bedroom at 5 am, flipped the blazing overhead light on, really ticked her off from waking her up. She didn't ask me to come into the bedroom at 5 am to put my clothes away where they needed to be after that.

I could never get her to not come into the bedroom at 5 am on a Saturday and fire up the screaming hair dryer though... My life didn't matter. Reason 6875

In the laundry bag- the laundry comes to pick up the bag from my step once a week, washes, folds and returns it to my step the next day.

Did that with toys. Mom could never wrangle the toys in that were left all over. I was home, told the kids once to come clean up the toys now. 3 hours later when they came out, they found all their toys in the garbage.

They did get them back, but the next time I told them they needed to clean up the toys, they didn't need told twice.

Now clothes, it was me. Get a shower at 5 am in the morning and wife complained that I left the clothes on the bathroom floor (very small bathroom, very small house.) So I did what she wanted me to do. I walked into the bedroom at 5 am, flipped the blazing overhead light on, really ticked her off from waking her up. She didn't ask me to come into the bedroom at 5 am to put my clothes away where they needed to be after that.

I could never get her to not come into the bedroom at 5 am on a Saturday and fire up the screaming hair dryer though... My life didn't matter. Reason 6875
I am rolling. I am playing out this scenario in my head and it screens like a scene from an 80's sitcom. My day has been made. Cracking response

I have 4 laundry baskets on one side of our room for dirty clothes (towels, lights, darks, sweatshirts). Funny thing is my mom, who is a clutterbug, finds this system of 4 laundry baskets maddening. We have a really large primary bedroom and they are against one wall out of the way. Clothes that can be worn again get folded on the trunk at the end of our bed.

We have a sweatshirts load because we work in a warehouse (DH and I work together) and we wear a lot of layers because it can be freezing in the morning and hot in the afternoon. And the hoodies with zippers and such are rough on our other clothes. Often jeans are washed with the sweatshirts.

Dirty clothes go in the hamper. Clean clothes hang on a hook on the back of the bathroom door.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter