Where do you think DVC resale prices are headed?

Yes sorry wrong lingo. 80% of what the seller had it listed for and was asking for. Specifically, $120 is what I am paying.

Wow, that's a great deal. I just offered 125 on one listed at 132 and they apparently countered, then decided they didn't want to sell at all.

I hope I find a deal soon. We just decided to buy yesterday, and I'm already on my 3rd offer.

Wow, that's a great deal. I just offered 125 on one listed at 132 and they apparently countered, then decided they didn't want to sell at all.

I hope I find a deal soon. We just decided to buy yesterday, and I'm already on my 3rd offer.
I was disappointed that I had an offer on 150pt contract countered (very high mind you). We had wanted a 250 pt contract but had considered doing a 150 because we could add the 100 later. We found a 250 pt on Thursday and offered 10 minutes after an offer was accepted. Then this one came along. It's bigger than we had planned (aw darn lol) and we offered low assuming a counter but no counter just acceptance.

My point in all of this is...be patient. You'll find that perfect one out there.

It helped that we didn't need any 2020 points as I'm not itching to go back during the reopening experiment.

Just had my offer for BLT, fully loaded for 2020 and beyond, accepted at $125 pp. Disney took my $129 BLT with no 2020 points this past March, so hopefully ROFR will remain dormant. Will add to the ROFR thread with details after contract sent.

Just had my offer for BLT, fully loaded for 2020 and beyond, accepted at $125 pp. Disney took my $129 BLT with no 2020 points this past March, so hopefully ROFR will remain dormant. Will add to the ROFR thread with details after contract sent.
Now on to the last hurdle. I'll hope for you and I to both pass ROFR now. That's a great deal on BLT. I was firmly in the "DISNEY WON'T TAKE ANYTHING RIGHT NOW" camp until I had a signed contract now I am on pins and needles.

It's switching to a buyer market and prices are coming down every day. Be patient and you'll find your deal!

5/10 update

number of newly posted resale contracts at about 20% of average

Best estimate is that the week of 5/4 to 5/10 was about 105% of average

Just a side note...DH is in finance. He told me today that Disney is coming to market again with another debt deal which is indicative that they are looking to stay more liquid and are unsure of the future. This makes me believe that ROFR will be on the bottom of the list for their use of funds.

Any significant movement on prices yet ?
It doesn't seem like it, but I wonder when/if we will see anything but slow incremental drop. We have to remember this group is a high concentration of extremely savvy DVC buyers. We see consistent great deals, but not necessarily in great numbers. Many people are bouncing lots of low offers that may produce 1 hit. (But hey, that is all it takes! :P) There appears to be enough less educated buyers in the market that is propping up these prices. They may see PVB at $145 and think that is a $100 per point savings from direct and think that is a great deal. Until this stream of buyers thins, I don't think we see big drops. I think the lower offers this community is placing may have medium term effects on sellers, but we still see sellers staring somewhat firm if they can afford to hold.

Just a side note...DH is in finance. He told me today that Disney is coming to market again with another debt deal which is indicative that they are looking to stay more liquid and are unsure of the future. This makes me believe that ROFR will be on the bottom of the list for their use of funds.
Indeed they are - looks like exact dollar amounts and rates have yet to be finalized. From TWDC website this morning:

https://otp.tools.investis.com/clie...gId=14135672&Cik=0001744489&Type=PDF&hasPdf=1

According to DVCRESALEMARKET, with news of a potential park reopening soon, that they are seeing resale inventory drop and prices start to climb again (avg price per point was higher in April than March). This is kind of what I projected so I wanted to get my offer in and accepted before the market gets readjusted. I think sellers panicked or needed cash, buyers the last 60 days got great deals. I think these deals will not last much longer (at least for contracts under 200 points). You are starting to see less and less of these small contracts for sale already.

Indeed they are - looks like exact dollar amounts and rates have yet to be finalized. From TWDC website this morning:

https://otp.tools.investis.com/clie...gId=14135672&Cik=0001744489&Type=PDF&hasPdf=1
This could be them seeing zero interest rates on the treasuries I would wait for a rate declaration that would tell us a lot if it’s over going rates their finding it hard to get financing if not might just be opportunistic offer to lower debt servicing on fox deal

According to DVCRESALEMARKET, with news of a potential park reopening soon, that they are seeing resale inventory drop and prices start to climb again (avg price per point was higher in April than March). This is kind of what I projected so I wanted to get my offer in and accepted before the market gets readjusted. I think sellers panicked or needed cash, buyers the last 60 days got great deals. I think these deals will not last much longer (at least for contracts under 200 points). You are starting to see less and less of these small contracts for sale already.
I don't think this is really correct. People losing their jobs and needing to sell their contracts will not change if the parks reopen or announce a reopening. This does not bring their income back. I honestly think this is DVCRESALEMARKET's way of trying to spin the market and keep prices high.

I don't think this is really correct. People losing their jobs and needing to sell their contracts will not change if the parks reopen or announce a reopening. This does not bring their income back. I honestly think this is DVCRESALEMARKET's way of trying to spin the market and keep prices high.

Yeah and parks reopening is just a blip of data in a long stream of data. This is going to unfold over several future months and not suddenly stabilize just because the parks open. The parks were open during the entire great recession as well.

I was literally just posting the same thing. I would expect the prices to go down and inventory to go up. Let's also remember a lot of those who are unemployed are still getting a $600 stimulus increase. When that goes away things will most likely change.

As many indicated, I would expect to see real drops towards the end of the year/beginning of next. If I were to lose my job tomorrow and not be able to get a new one, those looming MFs on top of a long stretch of unemployment would be the thing that would convince me to sell some of my DVC.

The only thing that will keep prices higher is a smaller inventory. That also has to balance with continued sales. If the resale website isn't making money because contracts aren't selling because prices are higher, there goes their commissions so after a while they too will want to lower prices to sell contracts. If people do decide and are trying to ride out this lower priced market and inventory dries up, prices could remain high but if they don't sell the agents will likely try to talk the sellers into taking less causing prices to come down.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter