• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Where does Uber drop off at Disney Springs?

laura428

DIS Veteran
Staying offsite, and getting different answers regarding where Uber can drop us off. We’re having dinner at Terralina in Disney Springs, so we’d prefer to be dropped off at the Rideshare area near the bridge to the Disney Springs resort are hotels. However, our concierge told us that Uber can no longer get use that site and they must drop off on the West Side, all the way over by the Strawberry Lot.

I’m starting to wonder if we should just take a taxi instead - looks like they could drop us off at the taxi station by World of Disney.

Can anyone confirm? Or give us better advice? Thanks!

Uber drops off where Taxis and Other Hotel buses drop off. Near the west side dock & Strawberry Parking Lot.

In November, our driver dropped us IN the Lime parking garage. It was the worst because they were routing all traffic up because it was a busy Saturday night and it took FOREVER. He told us that was the best way to do it and really wouldn't listen. We didn't uber there again because of that. Have things changed since November? Or did we just have a wacky driver?

Depends on the drivers. Most of the ones we encountered didn’t know the place and ended up dropping us on the curb in the middle of the place. Another dropped us off in the parking garage in front of Cirque du Soleil. There are two drop-off/pick up zones dedicated to car share services but drivers don’t seem to go there for drop-offs out of ignorance of their existence.

However, our concierge told us that Uber can no longer get use that site and they must drop off on the West Side, all the way over by the Strawberry Lot.
The rider app says either the West Side Bus Loop or the Marketplace Bus Loop is available for pickup, so either should also be available for drop-off, if the driver can find it.

There were reports that the Marketplace Loop was closed during the holidays. I don't know about this past year, but in previous years the Christmas Tree Trail was set up in that loop, so it may have been a temporary closure that your concierge heard about but has not heard that it has reopened.

As PP said, some drivers may offer to drop off in one of the garages, which may take a little longer to get into but would put you in the middle of DS. If you get dropped off in the Orange Garage, use the walkway on the right end of the garage as you face DS to enter near the current bus depot.

The rider app says either the West Side Bus Loop or the Marketplace Bus Loop is available for pickup, so either should also be available for drop-off, if the driver can find it.

There were reports that the Marketplace Loop was closed during the holidays. I don't know about this past year, but in previous years the Christmas Tree Trail was set up in that loop, so it may have been a temporary closure that your concierge heard about but has not heard that it has reopened.

We used it this year. The Tree Trail did take place next to the loop, but it was still used for ride share services.

Not for ride sharing, but I used it to drop off and pick up my DDs this past (2018) Christmas week. Yes, the Tree Trail was there, but there was room to pick up/drop off.

We used it this year. The Tree Trail did take place next to the loop, but it was still used for ride share services.

Not for ride sharing, but I used it to drop off and pick up my DDs this past (2018) Christmas week. Yes, the Tree Trail was there, but there was room to pick up/drop off.
Add Uber/Lyft to the maxim, "Don't believe anything resort cast tells you about transportation."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter