• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Where have you eaten at WDW for Thanksgiving/Christmas? Post your experience.

NicoleLarson

DIS Veteran
I'm having a hard time finding past experiences with holiday meals and prices. I thought it might be nice to start a thread where people can share their past experiences. Here's mine:

2015 thanksgiving: WCC for lunch. It was really good. Traditional meal, served family style, AYCE. Included salad, bread, Turkey and ham with all the fixings, pumpkin pie and a drink. Price: $40/person, ~15-20 for child.

H&V for dinner: Minnie's Christmas Dine, regular buffet with Christmas themed desserts. Pretty good but I like the regular desserts better. We did the fantasmic package and had the dining plan. I think it was $60 for adults and 30ish for kids.

Christmas 2014: Chef Mickeys. Regular buffet. It was just ok. Not bad but nothing outstanding. Characters were in regular outfits. $50 for adults and $20 ish for kids.

Thanksgiving 2014 we ate at BE Our Guest. They had the traditional menu along with a turkey dinner offering. I had the turkey, stuffing, potatoes, and grilled veggies. It was delicious. My daughter had the steak, also delicious. The dessert choices were the regular menu with also, I believe, a pumpkin cupcake. We all chose the grey stuff.

One year we ate at the luau dinner show, it was the regular menu and very disappointing.

We ate at California Grill on Christmas one year. It was our second time there, and my last. It was horrible. My fish was so salty I couldn't even taste anything but salt.

New Years Eve we ate at Flying Fish. My fish was served stone cold.

Those were unusual - I've only had one other bad meal at Disney!

Thanksgiving 2014, we ate at Wolf Gang Pucks Grand Cafe at Downtown Disney. We will never eat here again. I'm not a picky eater, in fact my friends joke I like everything I eat. None of us in our party of 6 enjoyed our food. The service was even worse and the restaurant was not particularly full despite it being Thanksgiving. It was a huge disappointment and the only bad meal I have ever had at WDW.

We ate at Trattoria al Forno for Christmas dinner 2015. The Boardwalk was so lovely that night! I guess everyone was in the parks because we had virtually no wait for our table. The food and service were wonderful and we really enjoyed grabbing ice cream and seeing the shows on the Boardwalk after dinner.

Christmas 2015, we ate at Rose and Crown. They had a traditional meal on the menu that sounded wonderful, BUT we were seated outside and it was 90, so I couldn't do roast turkey. We had fish and chips instead, and it was great! Christmas Eve. Was 1900 Park Faire, which was fantastic. Between the chestnuts roasting outside the GF, photographers at the main tree and another as you entered the restaurant, it was a fun, festive visit. Food was great, too!

In the past we've done Ohana for Thanksgiving and Christmas Dinners. Same menu they always offer...we didnt care about having turkey. This past Christmas we ate at Narcoossees for the first time. Again, not a holiday meal. Wonderful view of Wishes without dealing with crowds. Wonderful meal too.

We were on the DDP. No idea of cost.

Thanksgiving 2013 we went to Cape May for dinner. It had the regular seafood buffet as well as Thanksgiving offerings. It was very busy, so everything was put out fresh within minutes. We loved it!

In the past we've done Ohana for Thanksgiving and Christmas Dinners. Same menu they always offer...we didnt care about having turkey. This past Christmas we ate at Narcoossees for the first time. Again, not a holiday meal. Wonderful view of Wishes without dealing with crowds. Wonderful meal too.

We were on the DDP. No idea of cost.

So did Narcoosses not have a turkey dinner or you just didn't want it?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter