Where in the world did this ticker come from? UPDATE NEW TRIP REPORT STARTED!!!!!

Just checking in. I noticed how close your trip is now...........You go to Disney World in less than a week! :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Soooo sorry that I have been MIA! I am behaving like such a bad diser :sad2:

I have just been sooooooo busy and neglecting my sad little PTR. I feel like we have something going on every night of the week that I can barely get on the computer to check my email, let alone get in some dis time.

The good news is we leave in 3 days! 3 days! 3 days!!!!:woohoo:

I am all packed, I packed DS and DH refuses to pack! He makes me insane! I am sure he will tell me tomorrow night that he needs one more thing! If I have to go to Target one more time I am gonna scream ( although I will be hitting it on Thursday to pick up a copy of Avatar for DS to watch on the car ride down- he has never seen it, and hopefully it will silence the " are we there yet?" comments for just over 3 hrs!)

Thank you for checking in and I plan on writing a TR when we get back. We are super psyched!

Changed a few dining plans, and upgraded to pool view ( we originally booked std and hoped for an upgrade, but when I called to find out the pricing there was only a $60 difference to upgrade to pool so I went for it)

I have my Disney binder almost done, itinerary cards almost done and will be packing the car late Thursday night. We hope to be on the road by 6:30 am on Friday provided everyone gets a decent night sleep ( I know I wont, i never sleep good the night before we leave for Disney). i heard there is major construction traffic going through Georgia on 95 but I hope to get to Disney by 4:00pm the latest. I will try and get on and post some pics before I sign off on this little report late thursday night- oh and DH plays on an adult hockey league and they have a game on Thursday at 8:30- so he will probably pack after the game which will be around 10:00 pm- arghhh!!!!pirate: I am telling you he does these things purposely to make me crazy!

I am heading off to bed, just want to fill you in on this week's events:

1 trip to the Dentist which led to ....
1 trip to the Endodontist - which thankully resulted in no root canal..for now :eek:
1 trip to the ER- my mom, she is following up with her Dr and hopefully all will be ok.
1 scratched lens on my glasses, nothing i can do till I get back :sad2:

but thankfully we are all in pretty good shape, well except for Dh. He fell in his hockey game and hurt his hip, should be a fun drive tomorrow!

We are all packed, my suitcase weighs about 75 lbs. Thank goodness I am not flying, that sucker would have cost us a fortune. I am a horrible packer, I need to have options, so I always over pack.

DH finally packed last night and realized that he needed more shorts pirate: which led to one trip to Old Navy to purchase more shorts.

DS is fast asleep, so excited about tomorrow. My mom went and bought him Avatar on DVD today so he is looking forward to watching that tomorrow. The movie is about 3 hrs long so that should help make the ride go along.

The doggy is sleeping sound at Camp Grandmas, which is like Disney World to dogs!

I am too wired to sleep but hopefully the sleepiness will hit soon. I set the alarm for 5:30 with the hopes of being on the road by 6:30 . O still need to pack the car and we will stop and get bagels for the road- it's a tradition.

I will see you all, or y'all , in 10 days! I will do replies when we get back. we are also packing the laptop but not sure how much internet time we will purchase. Dh has to do some work so he will need to be on it most of the time. If I can sneak in I will post an update.

Night!

I just wanted to pop in and say a quick hello! We are having a great time, and the most perfect weather ever. It is warm and sunny but no humidity. The Animal Kingdom Lodge is amazing! We are getting ready to head to Hollywood Studios for the first half of our day and then Epcot for the evening. We have ressies for Rose and Crown, and tonight is EMH, Epcot is open until 2 am! Tomorrow we will do Typhoon Lagoon for a bit as it supposed to be hot tomorrow, around 91 degrees. We will cme back to the hotel and get ready for our last night dinner at BOMA's. We are sad that this vacation is nearing the end but really had a great, full, fun vacation! I cant wait to share all the details.

We are back from our wonderful vacation and I seriously have a touch of the post Disney vacation blues :sad1:.

We got home on Sunday around 4:00pm and I feel like I have been unpacking and doing laundry :laundy: ever since! DH and I did have to go right back to work yesterday and then Andrew had his hockey game at 7:30pm last night, which added to the laundry pile! We are all exhausted, except for Andrew who is tracked out for 2 more weeks ( he goes to a year round school, 9 weeks in, 3 weeks off) so he will be nice and rested by the time he gets back to school.

Sooo once I can get through the mountain of laundry and think up a catchy title I will start my TR. Thank you for following along and I will be back soon. Oh and I did take over 1,000 pics!

I know how you fill about DH and his packing. My DH always waits until the morning we are leaving to pack.

Oh you have no idea. I will fill you in when I start my TR on what he had me doing at 5:00pm the night before we were leaving- I will give you a clue- 2 letters....ON

Enjoy your last couple of days of Disney magic!!! :goodvibes

So glad you're having a fun, magical trip! :goodvibes Enjoy your last days!

thank you guys for your good wishes- they paid off and we had a fabulous time!

MHTeacher, your trip is right around the corner!!! I have to get back over to your PTR and check out what you have been up to! You must be sooo excited!

Oh and Jackie, I am waiting a few weeks until DH forgets about how much he just spent, so I can start scheming a Disney Hilton Head trip. Hopefully Disney Visa will come out with a discount code like they did last year, that we didn't take advantage of. I can't wait to hear all about your trip, which is also not too far off now! :woohoo:

For purely selfish reasons, I can't wait for you to finish your laundry -- I want to hear all about your trip! :goodvibes

Only two and a half months until our vacation -- although, I will confess, I was trying to brainwash Chelsea in the car again this morning. It didn't work. I am telling you -- the military should recruit her -- she is hard as nails. :lmao:

Sooo once I can get through the mountain of laundry and think up a catchy title I will start my TR. Thank you for following along and I will be back soon. Oh and I did take over 1,000 pics!

Throw me a pile of t-shirts and I'll help you fold. Can't wait to see the pictures. We leave in two days!!! :cool1:

Only two and a half months until our vacation -- although, I will confess, I was trying to brainwash Chelsea in the car again this morning. It didn't work. I am telling you -- the military should recruit her -- she is hard as nails. :lmao:

I have this wild idea. Maybe Chelsea secretly has a Disney trip planned for you, and she's acting like she doesn't want to go because she's going to spring it on you later on. :rolleyes1

And if that idea doesn't come through, I still say you're close enough to do a long weekend Disney trip - just a water park, maybe some mini-golf, go over to your beloved AKL to check in on your giraffes, for a small amount of money. You are less than 8 hours away - it is so doable! Stay two nights value and visit and eat at the fancy places. Look at what Jill and I are doing this weekend. You can both have what you want this summer. :dance3:

I have this wild idea. Maybe Chelsea secretly has a Disney trip planned for you, and she's acting like she doesn't want to go because she's going to spring it on you later on. :rolleyes1

I wish! :rotfl:

And if that idea doesn't come through, I still say you're close enough to do a long weekend Disney trip - just a water park, maybe some mini-golf, go over to your beloved AKL to check in on your giraffes, for a small amount of money. You are less than 8 hours away - it is so doable! Stay two nights value and visit and eat at the fancy places. Look at what Jill and I are doing this weekend. You can both have what you want this summer. :dance3:

I really like this idea...a lot!!!

Lots to update her but only have a few minutes:

First- I went to see Wicked yesterday with some friends in the neighborhood. It was absolutely one of the best show I have ever seen! I was shocked when I found out that it was coming to NC because one of my huge regrets was not seeing Wicked before moving from NY. I loved every minute of it and need to go order the sound track for it.

Next:

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!!!!!!!!

Today my gang and I, including my mom and a few of our neighbors went up the road to the brand new Strawberry Farm and picked the most delicious strawberries. It is literally in walking distance and it just opened up this spring. We are having beautiful weather in NC today so that just made the picking more perfect. We picked 2 huge buckets of strawberries. I am just about to make some little bisquick strawberry shortcakes with fresh home made wphipped cream. Yummmmmmm I will post pics later. My neighbors are all meeting outside later to share in some straberries fixin's. One of our neighbors is making a strawberry type trifle, the other is doing strawberry margaritas and daquiri's- virgin ones for the kiddies.

Here are some pics from our little outing:

IMG_7847.jpg

There's my boy picking his first strawberries.
IMG_7862.jpg

IMG_7852.jpg

Me and my little man
IMG_7851.jpg

My wonderful husband- aka Grumpy- who was not grumpy today :)
IMG_7870.jpg

IMG_7872.jpg

IMG_7864.jpg

gran and Andrew showing off their great picks

IMG_7868.jpg

Beautiful strawberries
IMG_7865.jpg

IMG_7867.jpg

Here's andrew having fresh strawberries and home made Ice cream- that they also sold there

IMG_7874.jpg

Our pretty strawberries ( one of the buckets anyhow)

IMG_7875.jpg

We will be eating strawberries all week!

Last but not least- I finally started my TR- see the link below in my siggie. I am off to a slow start but have all 1100 pics uploaded an ready to go.

Thanks for hanging in on this slow ride and hope all of you are having a great day!!!!!

What a fun way to spend the morning!!! We love strawberries at our house, and the chance to eat them fresh like that -- wow! My kids would be in heaven!

Happy Mother's Day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter